Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:20 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,995,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was going to answer the poster you answered, but you did it SO much better than I could! Thank you!

As you pointed out, no one can PROVE at this time what, if anything, is going to happen. In fact, this might be just another ridiculous conspiracy theory (although one that is at least based in science), but if you are right, I think we will start seeing proof in two years, not seven or ten. OTOH, twelve years from now, we (meaning those who are saying this is at least a possibility) might be scolding ourselves for ever worrying about this and scaring ourselves.

I will also add that if the theory of ADE becomes more and more known among the general population, that this will be censored as completely and thoroughly as it is possible to be.
I hope so! I want to be wrong about this too but the signs say otherwise. People who see the signs too feel pretty much the same way from what I've seen.

The ptb arent just doing this through the vaccines or viruses, but also other stuff like foods and natural disasters. People say government controlling the weather is another conspiracy even though the British Army 70 years ago admitted to having this technology and then the US Army used it in Vietnam years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 08:37 AM

13,258 posts, read 21,883,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Interestingly, I don't know a single person in real life who thinks Covid and vaccines are a conspiracy. Most of my family and extended family lean hard left, while most of my friends/co-workers lean right. The seriousness of Covid is the only thing we all agree on. It bothers me a little that the C-D posters who I most often find myself agreeing with on a wide range of issues are some of the most vocal anti-masker/vaxxers on C-D.
That should be a wake-up call for you right there.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:44 AM

9,558 posts, read 4,386,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That should be a wake-up call for you right there.
So, you're saying I must agree with every single thing anyone in any social group in which I participate believes? There's a phrase for that: it's called an echo chamber. If you find yourself 100% aligned with every position of any political ideology, you may want to spend some time on introspection.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
So, you're saying I must agree with every single thing anyone in any social group in which I participate believes? There's a phrase for that: it's called an echo chamber. If you find yourself 100% aligned with every position of any political ideology, you may want to spend some time on introspection.
You tell me. You're the one that said it bothered you. I was just being supportive.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:00 AM

39,122 posts, read 51,371,476 times
I spent several months in the Middle East years back on an engineering project. To the local people everything was not what it seemed to be - it was always a conspiracy - politics, economics, work - sinister forces were driving it all. We westerners found it comical. Now I see the same thing going on in the US. I'm not laughing anymore.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:20 AM

I consider myself to be an open minded person, but here's what I don't get about this conspiracy theory.

This is a global pandemic affecting everyone in the world, and every health scientist and healthcare worker in the world is either working on or at least educated themselves on it. And yet there's not a shred of proof of any of this theory. You'd think one of these "elites" would slip up and say something to give the gig away, or a document would slip out, a phone call overheard, a text message, or some actual proof -- not just connecting random dots which is all we see here. Right?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:22 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,995,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I spent several months in the Middle East years back on an engineering project. To the local people everything was not what it seemed to be - it was always a conspiracy - politics, economics, work - sinister forces were driving it all. We westerners found it comical. Now I see the same thing going on in the US. I'm not laughing anymore.
The Middle Easterners were right though. Look at other places like Libya that the West completely destroyed which was once prosperous and literate.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:39 AM

654 posts, read 281,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
The de-population is a strange one. GlobalCorp/Banks/BigPharma are not going to de-populate the first world. This is where all of the consumer with enough money to buy stuff live. The New World Order stuff, unofficial 1 global government stuff is very real though.
Yes, that Australian official said the quiet part out loud!

But, Bill Gates, who's buying up farm land and wants everyone to eat plant based meats, has talked about depopulation, even about using vaccines to achieve this.

Now, COVID is real (I've had it) and the vaccines are great (but less effective with new variants), but something is amiss here. They're using it to their advantage. It's all about control and power.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:40 AM

654 posts, read 281,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I consider myself to be an open minded person, but here's what I don't get about this conspiracy theory.

This is a global pandemic affecting everyone in the world, and every health scientist and healthcare worker in the world is either working on or at least educated themselves on it. And yet there's not a shred of proof of any of this theory. You'd think one of these "elites" would slip up and say something to give the gig away, or a document would slip out, a phone call overheard, a text message, or some actual proof -- not just connecting random dots which is all we see here. Right?
There was an Australian official who said "New World Order". No one asked her about it, she just "said the quiet part out loud"......

They're all out for power and control. That's the end game. They're taking advantage of what should have been a public health crisis.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,491,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Same thing in eastern Europe. It really fouls up the political discourse.

The 'firehose of falsehood' was imported here in about 2015, perhaps a bit earlier. It now seems to have a life of it's own, with many willing originators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies