Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 10:05 AM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
The plan is to end the pandemic from what I can tell.
Mission accomplished then. Covid is endemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 10:20 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,463,892 times
None of the people I know who are buying into conspiracies are high ranking or particularly successful. I suspect, like most conspiracies, it taps into their insecurities to make them feel like they know something that no one else knows.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:20 AM

9,529 posts, read 4,357,799 times
There is no conspiracy, unless you think collaboration to keep a pandemic from spreading is a conspiracy. The tinfoil hat crowd has become completely unhinged regarding anything to do with masks, vaccines, and the pandemic in general. The only other widespread cognitive dysfunction that rivals the CV19 conspiracy freaks is that of people who still think Biden is a competent POTUS.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:22 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,227,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
Barely 4 pages for someone to make it political. CLEARLY either can't read or can't comprehend the OP. She said NOT to make it political.

The first post was quite political. The poster just wanted to avoid criticism.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
This thread reminds me of this piece.
https://babylonbee.com/news/deranged...ew-world-order

Quote:
Deranged Conspiracy Theorists Worried Leaders May Build A New World Order After Leaders Say They're Building A New World Order

Old 09-13-2021, 10:48 AM

3,351 posts, read 2,149,391 times
Many things can be true in tandem:
  • SARS-COV2 and COVID19 are quite real.
  • SARS-COV2 is very likely the product of gain-of-function research conducted at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and international players —both public and private, our government included— were, directly or indirectly responsible for some portion of the funding used for the purpose of conducting such research and knowledge thereof.
  • We've been lied to repeatedly by both parties regarding various elements of the pandemic, and many of the lies have served to enrich and/or protect a comparative few while manipulating the masses for distraction purposes, further amplifying irrational political polarization.
  • The political Left has particularly sought to incorporate this crisis into its reality-averse toolkit of inducing mass-psychosis for the purposes of seizing on what it hopes will culminate in perpetually unilateral, authoritarian-lite style power for itself —or more specifically, the interests of the elite few most capable of effectuating mass-exploitation at the literal expense of civilization.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:13 AM

13,639 posts, read 4,950,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Seems like most of us have those special friends. That worked in a high-ranking position , Maybe in the government or the military, maybe a university, maybe a doctor, etc etc . etc. If you’re friends with any of these type of people, what did they tell you that they think is going on? I’ve got a few. I’m sure the government would like to label them quacks but I don’t think so. I know these people well…Now we all know at this point for the most part we can only theorize, but let’s hear what your friends, “in the know” Think about what might be going on here.

One of my family lifelong friends is a retired FBI agent. After he retired from the FBI and the military police station and out on Adak Alaska, he became a county commissioner and eventually a federal judge. After he retired he turned around a company by running their human resources department and using his “gut” as he put it to hire the right people. Then he retired for good. He has a nose for people and things unlike anyone I’ve ever met. It’s really quite impressive.
This is a man that my family and I trust to the ends of the earth and back. Just a well rounded, liked and respected person. He is now in his late 70’s And still associates with many high-ranking government people that he knew over the years.

He absolutely 100% unequivocally thinks what we are seeing happen now is definitely a conspiracy. Zero question in his mind. And he talked about something like this happening for years.

Another is a biochemist, he made himself a billionaire by opening a fitness franchise. The fitness franchise has since fallen off and he’s retired from that, but he follows very closely what is going on. he basically spends his life traveling around the world doing charity work in poor countries. He too 100% feels that a conspiracy is underway. He feels it’s to reduce population. As he put it you can ask any scientist alive today with the number one issue facing the world is and they’ll tell you over population in global warming. You can fix both by killing 2/3 of the people on earth. Getting rid of them. And that’s what he thinks is happening. He went into specific detail as to how and why they’re doing it. Made sense to me.

Every single military person, retired and current that I know also think something very strange is going on And many of them have heard broken bits and pieces of what it is. And it’s not good, I assure you.

I have my own theories. Please don’t turn this into a political discussion. Keep it at face value for what the topic is as I won’t respond to posts that are politically angled. I’ve spoke my mind here quite a bit about what I think is happening and it’s never been political. Not about Covid and the vaccine. It never should’ve become political in the first place.
I have a few acquaintances who are conspiracy theorists. But none that had high-ranking positions in government or business. Some people are just very suspicious. Everything that happens they think is due to some evil plot. I don't know what drives that personality.

Not that I want to be totally naive either. We have to be realistic and recognize that people tend to look out for their own best interests, and often don't tell the truth. Butif something sounds unbelievable, it's probably not true.

Like someone trying to kill off 2/3 of the population. No, I'm quite sure that's not happening. Or someone slowly taking away our rights so they can institute a one-world government. No, that's not happening.

The closest thing to conspiracy was Trump trying to raise doubts about the security of our elections in hopes that he could retain office. But I wouldn't call that a conspiracy, because he was quite open about what he was trying to do.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post

2. Now this could be related to money, always follow the money as they say but I don’t believe that. I think there’s more to it. They attack any and every therapeutic that comes along. Even simple things that people can do to normally stay healthy without Covid. Things like vitamin D three of the correlation with that. I don’t think vitamin D3 was the answer, but it definitely didn’t hurt. They squashed that. They squashed ivermectin which is now being used more than ever and they’re freaking out about it. Ivermectin is harmless. It’s like taking an aspirin if you take it in the proper dose. If someone starts to develop symptoms of Covid it’s not gonna hurt anything if they pop a couple of these.

One of the hallmarks of a conspiracy theorist is the constant reference to they. "They attack any and every therapeutic that comes along". Who they? "Vitamin D3 .... They squashed that." Who squashed Vitamin D? I never heard anyone say don't take Vitamin D.

"They squashed ivermectin...." Who squashed it and how? No company has applied for approval to market Ivermectin for Covid-19, so the FDA has had no action to take on it. In the meantime, any doctor can prescribe it off-label. "Ivermectin is harmless. It’s like taking an aspirin if you take it in the proper dose." Not exactly. It can cause severe neurological side effects. But you hit the nail on the head with "the proper dose". Horse pills are not the proper dose for humans.

What strikes me is the desperate grasping at straws by those who oppose vaccines. First it was hydroxychloroquine that was the miracle cure. You don't have to be vaccinated, just take HCQ. When that didn't pan out they turned to Ivermectin. What's next? Wishful thinking is a powerful motivator.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:45 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
One of the hallmarks of a conspiracy theorist is the constant reference to they. "They attack any and every therapeutic that comes along". Who they? "Vitamin D3 .... They squashed that." Who squashed Vitamin D? I never heard anyone say don't take Vitamin D.

"They squashed ivermectin...." Who squashed it and how? No company has applied for approval to market Ivermectin for Covid-19, so the FDA has had no action to take on it. In the meantime, any doctor can prescribe it off-label. "Ivermectin is harmless. It’s like taking an aspirin if you take it in the proper dose." Not exactly. It can cause severe neurological side effects. But you hit the nail on the head with "the proper dose". Horse pills are not the proper dose for humans.

What strikes me is the desperate grasping at straws by those who oppose vaccines. First it was hydroxychloroquine that was the miracle cure. You don't have to be vaccinated, just take HCQ. When that didn't pan out they turned to Ivermectin. What's next? Wishful thinking is a powerful motivator.
"They" are the elites and power families... Why do people who are typically late to the truth always quick to point out simple things like this?

Old 09-13-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
[*]The political Left has particularly sought to incorporate this crisis into its reality-averse toolkit of inducing mass-psychosis for the purposes of seizing on what it hopes will culminate in perpetually unilateral, authoritarian-lite style power for itself —or more specifically, the interests of the elite few most capable of effectuating mass-exploitation at the literal expense of civilization.[/list]
How does any of this benefit the political Left? What do they stand to gain by getting people to wear a mask or getting a shot? How does it translate into "perpetually unilateral... power"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies