Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 10:23 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,644,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I agree with your hunch.

Not based on his attitude per se but simply from the fact that Spanish-speaking folks overwhelmingly go full-English in one generation and actually prefer it.

I got my first job in California because I can speak Spanish. I never bothered to tell anyone that the only time I used it was when I talked to a coworker's 88-year-old grandpa from Rosarito.
As a American of Hispanic descent who is Bilingual and fluent in both English & Spanish why would he make such a disparaging remark?

I do agree with you in the "one Generation" thing with you as I have several nieces & nephews who are second Generation and only One is fluent in both languages.
The rest of the kiddos sound like they just took High School Spanish!

Old 09-16-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I mean, my name is Juan-Diego and I work in video production. Hence my username.
I guess we were supposed to decipher your initials?

Old 09-16-2021, 10:30 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
It has nothing to do with whites not having enough children. When Latinos are allowed to migrate by the hundreds of thousands each and every year eventually they will become the majority.
The percentage of a few states- still low to others in the whole of the USA. Also, there was a very strong Spanish presence from Spain and Mexico from our beginnings, it could have been like Canada and their two languages. Didn’t work that way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whit...tino_Americans

New Mexico: 783,097; 76.7% of Latinos; 37.4% of total population
Florida: 4,435,909; 83.0% of Latinos; 21.2% of total population
California: 8,847,910; 57.7% of Latinos; 22.5% of total population
Texas: 9,047,039; 81.4% of Latinos; 32.0% of total population

Old 09-16-2021, 10:40 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,080,259 times
I don’t know when English will be surpassed by another language. It may not happen for hundreds of years, might happen in a couple of generations. I don’t see this as a problem though. Why would I care what language people in the country speak in the future? There is nothing inherently virtuous or superior about English.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:03 PM

348 posts, read 448,290 times
What other race is being targeted for replacement besides whites. If hundreds of thousands of whites began pouring into Mexico there would be worldwide condemnation. Mexico would fight to the last man. Yet whites are not allowed to preserve their majorities in any nation. How is this fair. Its not.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:10 PM

1,118 posts, read 753,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I don’t see this as a problem though. Why would I care what language people in the country speak in the future? There is nothing inherently virtuous or superior about English.
Is it possibly because you're always bashing everything American and praising everything Chinese on these forums?

Old 09-16-2021, 11:28 PM

8,554 posts, read 4,794,442 times
Quote:
What other race is being targeted for replacement besides whites. If hundreds of thousands of whites began pouring into Mexico there would be worldwide condemnation. Mexico would fight to the last man. Yet whites are not allowed to preserve their majorities in any nation. How is this fair. Its not.
Or maybe it’s because a lot of us don’t really care that much? White is good, Hispanic is good, everybody is good. Melanin content is probably the least important thing we still insist on talking about. It’s used as a proxy for other things like culture, national origin, etc., but there’s nothing inherent to skin color that makes these things any kind of a biological imperative.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
You do realize that "Hispanic" and/or "Latino" is not a Race but a Ethnicity right?
There are "Whites" in Mexico too as well as all over South America (Go visit Argentina)

As for the "Replacement" theory blame game try the falling Birth Rates among WASPs for that.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:59 PM

304 posts, read 129,047 times
Quote:
Hundreds of thousands of whites did pour into Mexico. In fact the vast majority of Mexicans have at least partial European (ie white) ancestry. Why do you think they speak Spanish, a language originally spoken by white people in Europe?

And on a similar note, MILLIONS of whites have poured into the United States with no intention whatsoever of assimilating into the indigenous culture. I assume you have condemnation for that?

Old 09-17-2021, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
Hundreds of thousands of whites did pour into Mexico. In fact the vast majority of Mexicans have at least partial European (ie white) ancestry. Why do you think they speak Spanish, a language originally spoken by white people in Europe?

And on a similar note, MILLIONS of whites have poured into the United States with no intention whatsoever of assimilating into the indigenous culture. I assume you have condemnation for that?
It's hilarious isn't it?
Spain is a European country with White people who just speak their own language.
The Language of the vast Majority of the Western Hemisphere happens to be Spanish not English.

I'm sure some heads will explode now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies