Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 06:07 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
China and India's estimated illegal migrant populations in the United States doesn't even come out to 1,000,000 people as of 2018. Those projections have very likely changed over the years with the current insanity plaguing this country's government but there's no doubt that the number of Hispanics pouring into the USA is rapidly increasing since fully embracing globalist initiatives like the Open Society Foundation.

The chief source of people remains from entries south of the border. Ours with Latin America is one of the largest in the Western hemisphere not counting the Canadian border. It just so happens that so many perceive America as a land of milk and honey that can provide them their wants and needs in ways far beyond what their countries of origin have achieved. Also, before you mention the obvious CIA shenanigans throughout the 20th century, Latin America's overall GDP was always less than America's. We were a peer of the collective nations of that region (all their GDPs put together) going back to 1820 before we had even started significantly meddling in their affairs. There has always been a substantial discrepancy when paired against individual countries.
Correct. I even posted some links denoting what countries that most illegals are from whether they were border jumpers or visa over stayers. Any other countries pale in comparison to those south of our border. You are also correct in denoting how their countries were failures before any so-called meddling of the U.S. but these pro-illegals make every excuse in the book for them to violate our immigration laws and take from innocent American citizens.

Anyone in here that thinks that isn't the reason we hear more and more Spanish being spoken is in deep denial and probably an illegal alien sympathizer. Anyone in here who doesn't think that this continued influx of Spanish speakers won't change our identifying language from English to Spanish is also in deep denial.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:23 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
The bottom line is we need Trump 2.0 to finish the Mexican Border Wall to protect the United States from the flood of illegal aliens.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:26 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Not in my lifetime i suspect. But i encouraged my kids to take Spanish in school because its a very prevalent language where we are with probably over 25% speaking it fluently and 5% Spanish only speakers...

Still, taking Spanish in school doesn't really enable you to communicate to Spanish only speakers... You have to live in the culture to pick it up fluently and i don't suspect the US will sway that way for several more decades if not centuries.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:30 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
As history has shown never.

During history those who opposed immigration were scared about every group changing the English language.

During my time it was Polish, Italian, Gaelic and Spanish.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:42 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The bottom line is we need Trump 2.0 to finish the Mexican Border Wall to protect the United States from the flood of illegal aliens.
This country has had a law since 1986 that requires all employers, regardless of number of employees, to verify the identity of new employees and their eligibility for employment in the United States. If this were universally enforced, it would discourage illegal immigrants from coming to this country. It seems a lot more efficient than Trump's wall.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This country has had a law since 1986 that requires all employers, regardless of number of employees, to verify the identity of new employees and their eligibility for employment in the United States. If this were universally enforced, it would discourage illegal immigrants from coming to this country. It seems a lot more efficient than Trump's wall.
No, the wall has to be a part of the solution as illegals would still come here for birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits. E-verify would not detect those employers paying their illegal hires in cash either. E-verify would not discourage criminals, drug runners and terrorists from getting into our country via our southern border either. I am all for "mandated" e-verify but it is not the total solution. Better to deter all of the above from getting into our country in the first place with a wall. The good walls are 90% effective in doing that. Biden needs to finish it.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Not in my lifetime i suspect. But i encouraged my kids to take Spanish in school because its a very prevalent language where we are with probably over 25% speaking it fluently and 5% Spanish only speakers...

Still, taking Spanish in school doesn't really enable you to communicate to Spanish only speakers... You have to live in the culture to pick it up fluently and i don't suspect the US will sway that way for several more decades if not centuries.
Hispanic-Americans are bi-lingual so we still have our common language of English to communicate with them. Next.........

Old 03-10-2022, 03:30 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Here's an interesting article for anyone interested in the reality of what is projected for Spanish language in the US.

https://doublespeakdojo.com/will-spa...rising-answer/
Good info in that link. I believe it is absurd to think Spanish could overtake English or replace the dominant Anglo culture of the USA. Are we a bilingual culture? Yes we are, at least in the respect that we have a significant minority Hispanic culture in this country. I believe it’s very comparable to Canada and it’s dominant Anglo culture with a strong minority of francophone culture.

As I said before I believe we should embrace it since it has been here 180 years and it is not going to change. The Hispanic influence on our country adds to our own culture and makes this country more interesting. Before someone suggests I am ok with illegal immigration I will repeat what I said before, in no way so I support illegal immigration. We need to punish law breakers and send those who cheat our system back to their country of origin. I do however support legal immigration. Every year many move here legally from Mexico, and many Americans move to Mexico as well. There is a large American ex pat community in Mexico. This exchange is good for both countries.

As far as us Americans learning Spanish.....yea that is a good thing. Good for one’s career and good for ones own personal development. I’ve been learning it with Duolingo....not sure if I’ll ever really get good but I am trying.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Good info in that link. I believe it is absurd to think Spanish could overtake English or replace the dominant Anglo culture of the USA. Are we a bilingual culture? Yes we are, at least in the respect that we have a significant minority Hispanic culture in this country. I believe it’s very comparable to Canada and it’s dominant Anglo culture with a strong minority of francophone culture.

As I said before I believe we should embrace it since it has been here 180 years and it is not going to change. The Hispanic influence on our country adds to our own culture and makes this country more interesting. Before someone suggests I am ok with illegal immigration I will repeat what I said before, in no way so I support illegal immigration. We need to punish law breakers and send those who cheat our system back to their country of origin. I do however support legal immigration. Every year many move here legally from Mexico, and many Americans move to Mexico as well. There is a large American ex pat community in Mexico. This exchange is good for both countries.

As far as us Americans learning Spanish.....yea that is a good thing. Good for one’s career and good for ones own personal development. I’ve been learning it with Duolingo....not sure if I’ll ever really get good but I am trying.
Stick you head in the sand then. With the constant influx of illegal aliens from south of our border you aren't dealing in reality. We are not a bi-lingual country per se. Our national de facto language is English with some minority languages spoken including Spanish. There is no reason to embrace or learn Spanish as most Hispanic Americans can speak English. Spanish is only being demanded for some jobs because the greedy businesses want to pander to those here illegally to increase their profits. If you don't use a language you lose it. It only makes sense if you were move to a foreign country.

Legal immigration should be more diverse but it isn't anymore. Latinos enjoy the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country by far and that will also increase Spanish usage in our country. What happened to diversity which aids in assimilation instead of colonization?

There aren't near as many Americans that have moved to Mexico vs Mexicans and other Latinos that have moved here either legally or illegally.

I am for legal immigration in much smaller numbers but diversity within those numbers.

As for the link provided who the heck is "Doublespeak" and what makes them an expert on future language usage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies