Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 12:49 PM

62,987 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The southwest is not the entire country - that is my point.
Your heading speaks to all America.
Your experience does not.
You just don't know what is outside your little world because you only trust what you see with your own eyes. Then you jump to these crazy general conclusions - like Spanish will be the majority language spoken in America. That is just so not going to happen.
If I never left my own little part of NJ I'd think that Korean was going to take over as the primary language in America. Which of course it is not because I know better.
Where did I say that the southwest is the entire country? I have stats on my side did you refuse to read the links I provided? Stats aren't opinions! It's still a fact that the largest number of illegals here both border jumpers and visa over stayers are collectively from Spanish speaking Hispanic countries. That's one linguistic group!

How many illegal Koreans are there here opposed to those from Spanish speaking countries? Maybe read the link and you'll find out. One lacks common sense if they don't think that when one demographic group overtakes the native one that it won't change their countries language and culture. It really baffles the mind since it's so elementary.

Old 03-07-2022, 01:36 PM

4,630 posts, read 4,902,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Is this trend going to slow down or ramp up?
Acceleration.
From 1980 to 1990, the population of Spanish speakers grew by 2% per decade
From 90 to 2010, by 3% per decade

At current rates, the US will be a majority Spanish speaking country in 2110.
If the logarithmic rate stays, the US will be a majority Spanish speaking country in 2090.

Old 03-07-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Acceleration.
From 1980 to 1990, the population of Spanish speakers grew by 2% per decade
From 90 to 2010, by 3% per decade

At current rates, the US will be a majority Spanish speaking country in 2110.
If the logarithmic rate stays, the US will be a majority Spanish speaking country in 2090.
Oh no, another one stating the facts based on mathematical trends and common sense. These trends are based mostly on continued massive illegal immigration from Spanish speaking countries but we have to keep that hushed up, don't we?

Old 03-07-2022, 04:14 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times
Isn't the Spanish speaking share of new immigrants declining ?

Old 03-07-2022, 04:23 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Here's an interesting article for anyone interested in the reality of what is projected for Spanish language in the US.

https://doublespeakdojo.com/will-spa...rising-answer/

Old 03-07-2022, 04:26 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Isn't the Spanish speaking share of new immigrants declining ?
Yes.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nt-population/

Old 03-07-2022, 04:52 PM

Lol, 2 million of them crossed our border alone since Biden took office. Yeah, that's decreasing.... not!

Old 03-07-2022, 05:48 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
The US would not become a majority-Spanish country. One of three possibilities lie ahead:
1. The present unfettered immigration continues. In that case, people from all sorts of hellholes would pour in, many speaking French, Portuguese, who knows what. The uniting language: English.
2. GOP manages to restrict immigration, so English stays the most common language.
3. The immigration is slowed a bit to a manageable level. The old immigrants would have a chance to assimilate, and their kids will speak English.

As long as we stay healthy, it is unlikely that English would cease to be a dominant language both in the US and in the world.
We pretty much agree here.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
Good. I heard we’re pretty short of people willing to work 8n this country. Perhaps this will help.
If we truly had a shortage of hard working Americans to work for a fair wage why haven't we imported them legally? Hmm. We have far too many low paying jobs in this country anyway that don't pay a liveable wage and only make the rich, richer. Let them fold up an die we don't need a burger joint on every corner. Importing foreigners who will need their wages subsidized is pretty stupid anyway.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:20 PM

1,354 posts, read 475,128 times
China and India's estimated illegal migrant populations in the United States doesn't even come out to 1,000,000 people as of 2018. Those projections have very likely changed over the years with the current insanity plaguing this country's government but there's no doubt that the number of Hispanics pouring into the USA is rapidly increasing since fully embracing globalist initiatives like the Open Society Foundation.

The chief source of people remains from entries south of the border. Ours with Latin America is one of the largest in the Western hemisphere not counting the Canadian border. It just so happens that so many perceive America as a land of milk and honey that can provide them their wants and needs in ways far beyond what their countries of origin have achieved. Also, before you mention the obvious CIA shenanigans throughout the 20th century, Latin America's overall GDP was always less than America's. We were a peer of the collective nations of that region (all their GDPs put together) going back to 1820 before we had even started significantly meddling in their affairs. There has always been a substantial discrepancy when paired against individual countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies