Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 05:48 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times

Advertisements

Everyone seems to say that today race relations are getting worse. But in another thread about a fight in six flags no one mentioned the race of the perpetrators.

Speaking about race is a taboo, unlike the 1990s were whites were openly racist. Today Americans wouldn't be caught dead making racist assumptions.

Even the most reactionary members of society talk about "culture", not "race".

Never before has there been so much harmony between whites and blacks. White people now accept blacks into all facets of society while black on white crime is dropping to zero.

There is no animosity from blacks towards white, and the prison rate has been declining since 2008. I mean when was the last time you met an OPENLY racist person in America?

I can't seem to find any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 05:50 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Just keep blinding everyone with nonsense and they won't even know which way is up anymore. It's a cruel but effective tactic.

Old 09-29-2021, 05:51 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times
Lsd is a hell of a drug.

Old 09-29-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Lsd is a hell of a drug.
Barriers are being knocked down. Black people are being allowed into white country clubs, offices and industries dominated by whites (and Asians), into reality tv shows, into big screen movies, into gated neighborhoods.

My parents live in a very white suburb, and all their neighbors have black lives matter signs in their yard, in super white New Hampshire all people talk about is letting more minorities into schools, businesses, and government.

I cannot find anyone who is openly racist anymore. Even on city-data the furthest right people talk about "culture", not "race".

There is an exuberance for racial harmony in the white community never before seen in this country's history. Sure the media is trying to rile people up, but that is not what I see happening on the ground.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:00 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Barriers are being knocked down. Black people are being allowed into white country clubs, offices and industries dominated by whites (and Asians), into reality tv shows, into big screen movies, into gated neighborhoods.

My parents live in a very white suburb, and all their neighbors have black lives matter signs in their yard, in super white New Hampshire all people talk about is letting more minorities into schools, businesses, and government.

I cannot find anyone who is openly racist anymore. Even on city-data the furthest right people talk about "culture", not "race".

There is an exuberance for racial harmony in the white community never before seen in this country's history. Sure the media is trying to rile people up, but that is not what I see happening on the ground.
You need more Asians to “diversify†your neighborhood. They will cause property values to go up while also diversifying the look.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
You need more Asians to “diversify†your neighborhood. They will cause property values to go up while also diversifying the look.
The desire for Asians isn't anything new.

The desire for more Black neighbors is. Times are changing. There is a wave of racial harmony headed your way, and its turning it a tsunami.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:05 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
I mean when was the last time you met an OPENLY racist person in America?

I can't seem to find any.
Everyday...

It must be nice to live in a dream world

Old 09-29-2021, 06:06 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Lsd is a hell of a drug.
There is a different substance at play here....

Old 09-29-2021, 07:13 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Speaking as someone who's Black and who's partner is White and has lived in both heavily minority and heavily White environments, I'd say a good portion of Americans are naturally individualistic but race is something that gets heavily pushed onto people from various politicians, institutions, celebrities, news stations, social media influencers, etc.

You can take a common issue that's more tied to class/education than race but the media and others will try to coerce the issue into being a racial matter. Then, when that happens, you might get some tension from both sides of the paradigm trying to interject race into each issue.

But, it ultimately boils down to values, class levels, and politics. A White person who supports Blue Lives Matter will have more in common with a Black cop than a White SJW who supports defunding the police. Middle class Black people have more in common with middle class Whites than impoverished Black people from the projects. And people of different political affiliations will generally find commonalities with people of any race supporting that same party.

I wouldn't say America has complete racial harmony as there's obviously forces out there who have helped keep many people divided against each other. But, at the same time, without the influence of the media/activists/institutions trying to force "wokeness" on everyone, people are naturally individualistic and don't really consider race as a bigger factor than class/politics/value systems/etc.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:19 PM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:

This has been getting better for a long, long time now.
Obama liked to come and reverse it by riling the country up because of his mindset.
We were doing just fine on our own without the trouble maker that he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies