Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 08:30 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I'm sorry but, I can't see people not getting what they need (which could include medications) as "beautiful".
I don't care what one believes about the vaccine. Everyone would be affected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Actions have consequences.
Yes, but unfortunately, innocent people (i.e. people who didn't vote for Biden) are being affected.

I'm of mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, something needs to be done to restrain the tyrant, and if it's going to require job actions that affect critical systems to bring him to heel, then so be it. But on the other hand, people's lives are being upended and disrupted. I'm hardly neutral in this. I'm scheduled to fly Southwest this coming weekend to attend my father-in-law's funeral, so you can imagine the stress this whole situation is causing in my household. Biden's mandate is messing up people's lives, and on a personal note, it has the potential of messing up mine and my family's.

Let's go, Brandon.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:32 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Interesting. I've studiously avoided United for over a decade now, during which I've flown Southwest many times without incident. I'm actually booked to fly United next month, for the first time in years (I'm going to a place not served by Southwest), so I'll see if they've gotten any better.

I got caught up in the debacle a couple of months ago. Took me 12 hrs to get to Miami instead of 4 due to "computer issues".

Then we booked a direct flight from Denver to Vegas for January. A week later changed flight from Denver to Portland-not getting off plane-just sitting there and THEN flying to Vegas. A 5 hour flight ordeal instead of 1.5.

Booked Christmas Eve flight direct to Vegas from Denver. Changed it to a flight 3 hrs later.

Changed all three of our friends flights (different times of day) coming home from Vegas to Denver last Monday.

Inconsistent-no alcohol sales. You simply cannot rely on them to keep their schedule. We are done.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:32 AM

19,650 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Can you say photoshop?
What evidence do you have that it is photoshopped? On close inspection it appears to be genuine.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:38 AM

382 posts, read 124,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Organized sick outs are illegal, so they would never admit to that.

But whether it was organized or not - it rocked the system.

It's not likely to be an aberration until the "mandates" are dead.
Ok that explains why they are denying it publicly.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:43 AM

43,132 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
Ok that explains why they are denying it publicly.
If it were "organized" the President could order them back to work or fire them.
That's what Reagan did back in the 80's. He fired 12K FAA workers 24 hours after ordering them back to work .."threat to national security".

Old 10-12-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Can you say photoshop?
Quote:
Photoshopped images often are.
Are you just assuming, or do you have enough knowledge of Photoshop to be able to tell just by looking at the image? I admit that I'm no expert (in fact, I've never even used Photoshop), but everything I can see in the picture looks genuine. On what basis are you claiming otherwise?

Old 10-12-2021, 08:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
A Southwest Pilot Explains What Happened over the Weekend

https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/11/a...r-the-weekend/
...yet stats show that their call-out rate (sick rate) was not abnormal.

This is just more propaganda, and you are happily spreading it, because it undermines our American values.

FYI, the shortages and increases started under Trump and continue under Biden. We all called it, when Trump let ego "trump" common sense, but pressuring the feds to keep interest rates historically low, when he had already inherited a strong economy. We all said he'd overcharge the economy, and the result would be short term gains and long term problems. It happened.

Not giving Biden a pass, he continues too much of the Trump legacy. Different wing, same currupt bird.

Just realize that you might be accurate in your disapproval for Biden (no argument here), but your blind worship and adoration of Trump is equally problematic. All things being the same, Biden would have offered us stability and a continuation down the same bad path we were on. Trump only offered more problems, more lies, more swamp, and more curruption.

He replaced bad with worse. We're back to bad, and it's not enough to overcome "worse".

Silly people, you are being duped by the biased right wing media, just the same as you see the left being duped by theirs.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
He replaced bad with worse. We're back to bad, and it's not enough to overcome "worse".
I'm honestly having trouble coming up with ANYTHING that Trump did or did not do that was worse than the equivalent thing that Biden did or did not do. Anything at all. (Well, the volume of mean tweets has decreased. But anything else . . .)

Old 10-12-2021, 09:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
No other carrier reported major weather related delays those days.
Other carriers operate with a hub/ spoke model, whereas SW operates, point to point, which has historically had a ripple effect on their entire operation. Having saidthis, 5 days is unprecedented.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:18 AM

43,132 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
...yet stats show that their call-out rate (sick rate) was not abnormal.

This is just more propaganda, and you are happily spreading it, because it undermines our American values.

FYI, the shortages and increases started under Trump and continue under Biden. We all called it, when Trump let ego "trump" common sense, but pressuring the feds to keep interest rates historically low, when he had already inherited a strong economy. We all said he'd overcharge the economy, and the result would be short term gains and long term problems. It happened.

Not giving Biden a pass, he continues too much of the Trump legacy. Different wing, same currupt bird.

Just realize that you might be accurate in your disapproval for Biden (no argument here), but your blind worship and adoration of Trump is equally problematic. All things being the same, Biden would have offered us stability and a continuation down the same bad path we were on. Trump only offered more problems, more lies, more swamp, and more curruption.

Silly people, you are being duped by the biased right wing media, just the same as you see the left being duped by theirs.
In January there were 38 containers ships floating off the coast of CA
In Sept there were 157+ container ships floating off the coast of CA

And you blame Trump ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies