Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 06:39 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I'm sorry but, I can't see people not getting what they need (which could include medications) as "beautiful".
I don't care what one believes about the vaccine. Everyone would be affected.

Actions have consequences.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:44 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Southwest and its pilot union have denied the massive flight cancellations have anything to do with a strike, walk out or sick calls.
You really need it explained why a union and it's members would have a sick-out and not publically admit that it was an organized action?

Hint: Union contract and agreements....with penalties.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:59 AM

382 posts, read 124,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
We also know that conservatives flying that flag are full of crap as they continue to cheer on the government control of women's reproductive rights.
I am a woman, and I have never really felt like a right to abortion was a huge deal, or that it significantly affected a woman's standing in life or her ability to participate in it as an equal. And I've read a lot of books by feminists on the subject; I wasn't convinced.

If we want to rank the rights that women have that affect a woman's standing in society, I would say that a right to education of her choosing, right to find employment of her choosing, a right to speak her mind, a right to write freely and express herself freely, a right to choose her own mate, a right to own property, are all more fundamentally important rights and affect a woman's ability to participate in society as an equal far more than her "right" to terminate a fetus.

The more leftist a government is, the more it will take away the above-mentioned rights. This is why I know that leftists are full of crap, seeking government control of peoples' rights to speak and write freely, own property, legally own firearms, and determine their own destiny.

Last edited by ResistTheReset; 10-12-2021 at 07:55 AM..

Old 10-12-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I feel for Southwest. I suspect that they weren't asked, they were TOLD that they would mandate the vaccine, or else the FAA might accidently "misplace" their Operating Certificate. If you're the boss, and you're faced with the choice of ticking off some of your employees or being completely shut down by the feds, what do you do?
You come out publicly as a whistleblower and let the American people know what is going on inside the company. You refuse to comply. You refuse to be a part of the problem; you refuse to fire them. You act from moral conviction and accept the consequences. You resist.

This issue is beyond public health; it's beyond a vaccine.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You really need it explained why a union and it's members would have a sick-out and not publically admit that it was an organized action?

Hint: Union contract and agreements....with penalties.

What I don’t understand is why SW would deny it. It’s denial has received more media attention than the brunt of delays did. And many of the media are questioning, given the protraction is unprecedented.

It has been noted SW’s flight attendant union has been silent.

It has 56,000 +/- employees of which 8500 are pilots. All are impacted by the federal vaccine mandate. While most employees vaccinated long before the mandate, most is not all.

Further complicating this were the bogus tweets about JAX.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:07 AM

495 posts, read 193,129 times
F-ck you Brandon!

Old 10-12-2021, 07:13 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,234,977 times
I find it concerning that Army/Military pilots who received the covid vaccine were ordered to be grounded

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...e-side-effect/

Quote:
A U.S. Army flight surgeon is warning that known side effects associated with the COVID-19 vaccines pose a potentially deadly risk to pilots and is alleging the Army isn’t following Department of Defense protocols to screen pilots for those potentially deadly side effects.

Lt. Col. Theresa Long recently filed an affidavit stating there is a risk of Myocarditis, a condition that causes inflammation to the heart muscle, associated with the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines. Long noted one potential complication of Myocarditis is “sudden cardiac death” and said “flight crews present extraordinary risks to themselves and others given the equipment they operate, munitions carried thereon and areas of operation in close proximity to populated areas.
IF there is any risk that pilots - commercial or military, who are concerned for their own lives and the lives of all the passengers on their plane, and those on the ground - then I can understand how Southwest pilots are reluctant to cave to a misplaced mandate.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:19 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
You come out publicly as a whistleblower and let the American people know what is going on inside the company. You refuse to comply. You refuse to be a part of the problem; you refuse to fire them. You act from moral conviction and accept the consequences. You resist.

This issue is beyond public health; it's beyond a vaccine.
It would be fairly easy for a corporation like Southwest to say "When you actually issue the OSHA guideline/requirement, then we'll decide which steps we'll take."

Sadly, that is hampered by the # of people who believe any exposure to Covid = intentional = death.

Think about it - they've been back flying FULL since summer 2020(?) If airlines had a Covid spread issue, we wouldn't have heard about it? I flew unvaccinated (1 week after Pfizer1) late March 2021, in 4 planes occupied by well over 100 people each time. At that time, 2% of the population had an active case. What are the odds that none of the people on those planes had Covid and I would have been notified? What are the odds that with 1,000's of new tourists each week from March 1 through end of April that they'd only have ~200 new cases, with "actives" never increasing by more than 10 people?

Old 10-12-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
The police are there to enforce laws, not carry out governmental over reach and tyranny.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Thank you.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Yup..MSM has already said this flag is used by "far right extremists"
It was the flag of the 13 colonies before Betsey Ross got involved.
I was the flag, in 1776 that flew towards the British.
Concord and Lexington had already gone down, when Betsey Ross started stitching.

The Gadsden Flag

https://www.historicalamericana.com/...nt-tread-flag/

https://www.patriotwood.com/blogs/ne...e-gadsden-flag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies