Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2021, 07:10 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Public schools are also babysitters, counselors, mentors, disciplinarians....you name it. And yes many kids need meals because their parents are so poor that they can't afford to give them a decent meal. But they do have to show their poverty level in order to get these meals.

There have been CD threads that pointed out when that isn't the case....where it was decided by the district powers that be to give those meals to all the kids.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
1. I take issue with the lack of punctuation in your title. It’s irritating.

2. The parents in VA complaining about CRT being taught are delusional because it is NOT taught. They need to stop letting their politics drive them looney and stop wasting people’s time. However…

3. PARENTS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ACTIVE IN THE EDUCATION OF THEIR CHILDREN. If they want to pull their children out of sex-ed, they have every right to do so. The person who wrote this opinion piece needs to take a seat.

It is....but it isn't surprising.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:31 AM

Those parents are fortunate they have meetings they can physically attend.

My house is in Texas, and is in the only county in the U.S. where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes, and where Trump got more than 70% of the vote in both elections. Still...I happened to drive by a public elementary school the other day and there was a message on the school's permanent message board by the side of the road that the future Parent Teacher Organization meetings will be held via Zoom.

Last edited by RMESMH; 10-25-2021 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: corrected typo

Old 10-25-2021, 07:35 AM

15,468 posts, read 7,522,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
It was unclear from the article the teacher wrote that this carefully constructed curriculum, put together by 'educational experts' is then made available to parents before being implemented.

If I were still a parent with school aged kids, I'd definitely be motivated in today's landscape to demand to see said curriculum.

And if it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and squishes like a turd (i.e. - it checks all of the boxes identifying the curriculum as linked to, based on, includes concepts of CRT), then it would get a big F'NO.

The resources are out there for parents to get up to speed for what comprises this diseased ideology. Then, go smoke it out before it infects your kid's school.
Are there actually any schools below college level teaching CRT? I've not seen any evidence that CRT is taught in primary education. Teaching about slavery and the horrors it wreaked on the slaves is NOT CRT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Agreed. Take a look at the reading/math stats of your local school district. Pathetic.
When parents don't encourage reading and doing math homework, that's what happens. Reading and math are like any skill, if you don't practice them, you never get very good at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Government schools have been nothing but social-engineering since the day they were created. That is the only reason they exist.

We're trying to embrace our glorious international future, and we need to batter down the last vestiges of nationalism, racism, and xenophobia in order to neutralize resistance and integrate the world's populations.

Little Timmy needs to be told what a piece of **** he is and be stripped of his privileges so that he will stop opposing open-borders and get a girlfriend of color and have mulatto babies or chop his balls off to prove he isn't racist.

Someday we shall have our world utopia and this is the only way to achieve it. You only have yourselves to blame.
Nothing wrong with eliminating overbearing nationalism. I believe the US is overall a pretty exceptional place, but we have numerous issues we need to deal with. There is never a place for racism or xenophobia.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:47 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,798,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would have no problem educating the kids in our country if I didn't have any. Don't we want an educated society regardless if we had kids or not. Our entire country benefits from education. Otherwise, we would just have a bunch of idiots.
Your argument's based on a fallacy. Just because the government washes its hands of it doesn't mean it won't get done.

Also, if you want kids, have at it. But I'm not paying for them.

Old 10-25-2021, 08:16 AM

3,652 posts, read 1,607,258 times
I always thought teachers were suppose to teach from text books? Teach nothing more and nothing less. What text books to use seems to be something parents have not been involved in very much, but should be.

Go back to using text books. Have parental involvement in the decision of which text books to use. This would mean parents get to review all text books before they are used, and have a vote on which text books will be used.

Then, it should be required that teachers will teach only what's in the text books that have been approved by both the board and parents.

Classrooms should be monitored to confirm teachers are teaching only what's in the approved text books. Video cameras should be in each (gov) classroom for anyone to review, even the public (with students identity blocked and voices muted). The purpose of the camera is to record what the teacher is saying and doing.

Then, everything is back to normal.

Old 10-25-2021, 08:24 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,238,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Are there actually any schools below college level teaching CRT? I've not seen any evidence that CRT is taught in primary education. Teaching about slavery and the horrors it wreaked on the slaves is NOT CRT.
You haven't looked very hard.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:02 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,635,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It’s called HISTORY. Stop whining about parts of history you don’t like. It is not CRT. CRT is found in colleges and universities.

Teaching that white people are born biased and racist is history?

You sound racist.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:17 AM

18,482 posts, read 8,308,404 times
ha, turn it around...

if the teachers/school were teaching some conservative courses.....the liberals would all be screaming their heads off

...the reason schools don't have ROTC any more

Old 10-25-2021, 09:35 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,676,259 times
Government should not be in charge of Education or Healthcare. And if you disagree with your school boards, vote them out. Wake up America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies