Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2021, 09:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Teaching that white people are born biased and racist is history?

You sound racist.
Who is teaching humans are born racist and biased?

Old 10-25-2021, 09:37 AM

17,448 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post

As the author explained, parents have an indirect way to control what is in the curriculum, by voting for the school board. I think parents are also within their rights to express concerns about certain topics that may be in the curriculum, but I agree with the author, who seems to be saying that individual parents should not be able to dictate the curriculum in a classroom. That’s what a school board (which you voted for) and school administration (who were hired by the board you voted for) are for.
We now know that the Parents who attempt to go to the school board are not allowed to speak, they now run the risk of being investigated as Domestic Terrorists — as dictated by the National Association of School .boards in thrur Letter to the President of the United States and the US Attorney General. We know this because the Letter to Biden was published, the Order from the AG was published and through Congressional Testimony by A.G. We also know from FOIA Releases that Teacher Unions & the NASB conferenced with the White House before the “Domestic Terrorist” letter was written.

Quote:
They didn't want parents seeing them teach online either. Why? What are they trying to hide?

I think some need to be reminded that as taxpayers, they work for us, it's not the other way around.
Teacher Unions are behind much of this. Parents did monitor what their kids were being taught when they were locked down at home for learning. Many were shocked. The Lockdown had an Unintended Consequence for the Teachers. Their methods were exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post

Any good teacher wants the parents to be involved with their child's education, but they don't want to be micromanaged. No one wants to be micromanaged, and the types of talented and versatile teachers who we should be wanting to attract to the profession are either going to be repelled by that or going to quickly burn out and leave.
Im sure many teachers ARE leaving. I have a relative who has been teaching for almost 20 years. Head of a STEM department and loves teaching, loved by the Students. She quit teaching, 2 other Department Heads also quit. Not Burnout. The schools are doing away with AP courses and forcing these CRT types of programs that now go by many other names because the public has caught on to the Toxic CRT name.

Quote:
You're getting hung up on semantics. Parents have called it CRT. So don't call it CRT because it doesn't align with what is being taught in universities.

When black and white parents are complaining to school boards that their lessons are teaching racism, whatever you want to call it is a problem. When kids are being taught that police officers are racist and unfair to black people, whatever you want to call it is a problem. When kids are being taught that by virtue of the fact that they've been born with white skin, they're born biased or racist, whatever you want to call it is a problem.
Panorama Education, Co-Founded By U.S. AG Merrick Garland’s Son-In-Law, Contracted With 23,000 Public Schools & Raised $76M From Investors - Forbes
Shortly after George Floyd was killed in police custody, Panorama Education put out a statement committing to combat systemic racism in the educational system.

“We commit to dismantling systemic racism, we commit to embodying and spreading anti-racist practices, and we commit to building systems of opportunity and possibility for students of color,” Panorama Education CEO and co-founder Aaron Feuer wrote. “Important areas of impact include student voice, social-emotional learning and mental health, anti-racism practices, diversity and inclusion practices, equitable [Multi-Tiered System of Supports] and behavior practices, conversations around race and identity, recruiting and supporting teachers of color, and systemic approaches to equity.”

The term CRT has become Toxic, so they just rename and call it something else —- SEL (Social Emotional Learning) is a big one. That one (Panorama) is sold (Millions of dollars) to some of the largest School Districts in the USA by AG Garland’s Son in Law. It’s all the same CRT type stuff, just re-packaged to hide the content. That allows School Boards to claim “ we don’t teach CRT”

Daughter of Attorney General who ordered DOJ to probe angry parents for domestic terrorism is married to founder of education group that promotes Critical Race Theory: Merrick Garland accused of a conflict of interest - UKDailyMail

Old 10-25-2021, 09:39 AM

24,020 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Those parents are fortunate they have meetings they can physically attend.

My house is in Texas, and is in the only county in the U.S. where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes, and where Trump got more than 70% of the vote in both elections. Still...I happened to drive by a public elementary school the other day and there was a message on the school's permanent message board by the side of the road that the future Parent Teacher Organization meetings will be held via Zoom.
Are you in Rockwall?

Old 10-25-2021, 09:42 AM

24,020 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Your argument's based on a fallacy. Just because the government washes its hands of it doesn't mean it won't get done.

Also, if you want kids, have at it. But I'm not paying for them.
If you think you will ever get Medicare you might want to rethink that. Those kids will be paying it. Best they know how to read, write and give correct change.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:44 AM

14,235 posts, read 4,608,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
ha, turn it around...

if the teachers/school were teaching some conservative courses.....the liberals would all be screaming their heads off

...the reason schools don't have ROTC any more
Makes sense.

To the progressive, loyalty to your country and patriotism are negative traits.

Hating your country is a positive trait for the progressive

Old 10-25-2021, 09:48 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,800,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you think you will ever get Medicare you might want to rethink that. Those kids will be paying it. Best they know how to read, write and give correct change.
I have absolutely no confidence that either medicare or social security will be around (or solvent) by the time I retire. Probably will need to start shopping around for someplace to retire eventually.

What I pay in school taxes, compounded at 5% a year (HALF the historical return of the S&P) over 35 years, is a lot of money, and probably enough for me to retire wherever I want that isn't London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney etc.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:52 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Teaching that white people are born biased and racist is history?

You sound racist.
Where did I say anything of sort? Stop making up nonsense for attention.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:54 AM

1,952 posts, read 831,700 times
When the teachers have a problem with parents hearing what is being taught to their kids...we have a huge problem.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:03 AM

14,235 posts, read 4,608,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
When the teachers have a problem with parents hearing what is being taught to their kids...we have a huge problem.
Leftist in citydata love to tell the parents to back off and leave it to the “expert” educators.

Also leftist “hey police cops, we want to tell you how to do your job. Let’s have social workers responding to traffic stops or how to disarmed a gunman”

LMAO

Old 10-25-2021, 10:08 AM

57,373 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I always thought teachers were suppose to teach from text books? Teach nothing more and nothing less. What text books to use seems to be something parents have not been involved in very much, but should be.

Go back to using text books. Have parental involvement in the decision of which text books to use. This would mean parents get to review all text books before they are used, and have a vote on which text books will be used.

Then, it should be required that teachers will teach only what's in the text books that have been approved by both the board and parents.

Classrooms should be monitored to confirm teachers are teaching only what's in the approved text books. Video cameras should be in each (gov) classroom for anyone to review, even the public (with students identity blocked and voices muted). The purpose of the camera is to record what the teacher is saying and doing.

Then, everything is back to normal.
Text books are mostly at the state level, teachers should not be limited by parents that is the job of administrators. I recall some parents and legislators in Texas wanted creationism added to science text books, this is best left to state educators. Parents should not be involved in the details of instruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies