Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 10:30 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo

I just realized, his argument is even weaker than I thought.

Loza's album hasn't even been released yet.

Just another Lefty trying to spread FAKE NEWS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 10:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Ghetto people’s entertainment, I guess.
Quite the horrible accusation. What’s wrong with “ghetto people’s entertainment?”

Old 10-31-2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I just realized, his argument is even weaker than I thought.

Loza's album hasn't even been released yet.

Just another Lefty trying to spread FAKE NEWS.
Bingo

Their denial is strong, lol.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
Billboard measures all music sales, where as Itunes literally only does individual song purchases from that platform. For even more context, Apple(which owns itunes) has about 10X as many subscribers on Apple Music(its screaming service) as it does purchasers on itunes

Hence why this song is #1 on iTunes, but #45 in overall sales on the billboard charts.

I understand that the way the music industry works is confusing, but just assume that being #1 on any music site is the same as a Chevy dealership saying this is the #1 best selling car "in the line"
It is confusing due to the modern set-up of the charts. For singles, it is a mix of radio play, streams (of 30 seconds or so) and purchases. For albums it is buys and streaming 10 tracks of an album. Streams was added as a criteria for the charts in 2012 after "Gangnam Style" despite being streamed on YouTube to no end (and also to a lesser extent "Call Me Maybe"), did not become number 1. This caused "Harlem Shake" to become a #1 hit due to the 30 second viral videos. No word when/if TikTok will join it.

What this means is that "Let's Go Brandon" has high downloads but isn't as streamed on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, etc. Those being the services that most people stream music on. I state this as I highly doubt it would go on radio waves whether you talk traditional terrestrial radio or even SiriusXM satellite radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
This isn't a "gotcha moment".

You're basically just comparing a "singles charts" format to an "album charts" format.

Being more successful in one vs. another does not diminish the enthusiasm that got someone there.
It kind of is. I know that the right doesn't want to hear this because they just want to bash Biden on anything (especially because "the left did it to Trump.") However, the truth remains that it is a singles chart issue. Due to traditional terrestrial radio wanting to think they are still relevant, there now are "airwaves charts" for each and every genre. As mentioned above, this song isn't likely to be high on the airwaves charts, but might make the combined chart due to some amount of streams and a good amount of downloads. Simply put, this is a bit of a gotcha moment. Not that it isn't infact doing great on iTunes purchases, just that iTunes is one of three legs that is held by a long third leg (streaming, not radio, not downloads.)

Old 10-31-2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
How about this, on Apples overall metric, which includes itunes and streaming, its like 38th.

It doesnt even make the top 100 on Apple Music streaming, and doesnt make the top 100 on most other sites.

its 45th. deal with it. People dont buy individual music anymore. Thats also how we know most of the people buying it over over 30, LOL
How about this. 1,2,4, and 8 on iTunes.

Lol. Except the chant started at a college football game. Link to most of the people buying it “over over 30”?

Old 10-31-2021, 10:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Well, Brandon, let's go, baby! Let's go, Daddy!

Old 10-31-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
How about this. 1,2,4, and 8 on iTunes.

Lol. Except the chant started at a college football game. Link to most of the people buying it “over over 30”?
A charting song on an obsolete medium. What's next physical CD sales?

Old 10-31-2021, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A charting song on an obsolete medium. What's next physical CD sales?
Songs, plural…and nationwide and beyond popularity. No telling how many more songs will be made. Let’s Go Brandon!

Old 10-31-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Songs, plural…and nationwide and beyond popularity. No telling how many more songs will be made. Let’s Go Brandon!
And how many songs titled "Crazy" are there? There's "(You Drive Me) Crazy" by Britney Spears, "Crazy" by Aerosmith, "Crazy" by Gnarlz Barkley, "Crazy" by K-Ci and Jojo, "Crazy" by Kenny Rogers, "Crazy" by Seal (later covered by Alanis Morisette), "Crazy" by Simple Plan, and of course "Crazy" by Willie Nelson (later covered by Patsy Cline and countless others.) That is eight different singles with the name, not including covers of said songs or tracks that were not released as a single. I wouldn't put too much weight into multiple songs being called that. It could always have the effect of confusion like the Pat Boone covers of early rock songs or the "Not Al" songs.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And how many songs titled "Crazy" are there? There's "(You Drive Me) Crazy" by Britney Spears, "Crazy" by Aerosmith, "Crazy" by Gnarlz Barkley, "Crazy" by K-Ci and Jojo, "Crazy" by Kenny Rogers, "Crazy" by Seal (later covered by Alanis Morisette), "Crazy" by Simple Plan, and of course "Crazy" by Willie Nelson (later covered by Patsy Cline and countless others.) That is eight different singles with the name, not including covers of said songs or tracks that were not released as a single. I wouldn't put too much weight into multiple songs being called that. It could always have the effect of confusion like the Pat Boone covers of early rock songs or the "Not Al" songs.
Lol. That’s quite the strawman argument, but I’d wager Let’s Go Brandon will be around for quite awhile, or at least as long as Sleepy Joe is able to hold the office of POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies