Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 12:08 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And how many songs titled "Crazy" are there? There's "(You Drive Me) Crazy" by Britney Spears, "Crazy" by Aerosmith, "Crazy" by Gnarlz Barkley, "Crazy" by K-Ci and Jojo, "Crazy" by Kenny Rogers, "Crazy" by Seal (later covered by Alanis Morisette), "Crazy" by Simple Plan, and of course "Crazy" by Willie Nelson (later covered by Patsy Cline and countless others.) That is eight different singles with the name, not including covers of said songs or tracks that were not released as a single. I wouldn't put too much weight into multiple songs being called that. It could always have the effect of confusion like the Pat Boone covers of early rock songs or the "Not Al" songs.
It is highly entertaining watching you lefties flail about wildly because the majority of the country is laughing at your puppet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 12:11 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
It is highly entertaining watching you lefties flail about wildly because the majority of the country is laughing at your puppet.
Bingo

Old 11-01-2021, 12:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. That’s quite the strawman argument, but I’d wager Let’s Go Brandon will be around for quite awhile, or at least as long as Sleepy Joe is able to hold the office of POTUS.
What is the strawman? The fact is there are often several similarly titled songs on the charts at the same time, sometimes even covers. It is nothing new to the music industry and often is a practice that has been trumpeted. Hell, one of Elvis' most famous songs "Blue Suede Shoes" was recorded after the Carl Perkins original. Now yes, I'll admit that Elvis had an arguably better version (something I rarely do for Elvis) but he took a song that was a #3 hit and it became iconic for early rock & roll rather than being just a blues standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Um, where have I fully defended Biden? All I've said is Biden has a lot of mess to clean up from a failed Trump administration. The COVID-19 crisis, started under Trump. The supply chain issues, started under Trump. The Middle East pull-out goes back even before Trump took office (though Trump was fool enough to do it and stupid enough to create a timetable.) Why can't Republicans and Trump supporters realize that the issues Biden is facing did not just pop-up over night under the Biden administration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
Jesus, even the #1 song isnt usually heard by the majority, you are arguing that the #45 song is, thats laughable. And the funny part is, there are clearly efforts to simply make this song #1 by some people buying it multiple times, so its actually less popular than that number.
A #45 song isn't even on the American Top 40 (which I believe is currently based on the Airplay chart, not the generalized chart.) Mind you, the American Top 40 show is far from the clout it had 20, even 10 years ago. And not just because Casey Kasem hasn't done it since 2004. The music industry just changed and more people stream music than listen to actual radio stations.

What I find laughable is that these Trump supporters that knock us are basically doing the same to Biden and it is somehow OK for that, but not when we "Yeah, but..." their points.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:02 AM

Quote:
What is the strawman? The fact is there are often several similarly titled songs on the charts at the same time, sometimes even covers. It is nothing new to the music industry and often is a practice that has been trumpeted. Hell, one of Elvis' most famous songs "Blue Suede Shoes" was recorded after the Carl Perkins original. Now yes, I'll admit that Elvis had an arguably better version (something I rarely do for Elvis) but he took a song that was a #3 hit and it became iconic for early rock & roll rather than being just a blues standard.
Lol. Other songs having the same name has zero to do with the number of songs of Let’s Go Brandon, and I don’t ever recall the name of those songs being chanted nationwide and beyond at stadiums and events.., but please do tell when that happened?

The fact is that the Let’s Go Brandon songs are being embraced and are extremely popular. The fact also remains that many Dems don’t like it and will go to great lengths to diminish its popularity, which has made it even more popular as it’s not just the songs. It’s shirts, hats, banners, etc…, It’s going to remain popular and get even more popular as Sleepy Joes ratings continue to plummet.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Lol. Other songs having the same name has zero to do with the number of songs of Let’s Go Brandon, and I don’t ever recall the name of those songs being chanted nationwide and beyond at stadiums and events.., but please do tell when that happened?

The fact is that the Let’s Go Brandon songs are being embraced and are extremely popular. The fact also remains that many Dems don’t like it and will go to great lengths to diminish its popularity, which has made it even more popular as it’s not just the songs. It’s shirts, hats, banners, etc…, It’s going to remain popular and get even more popular as Sleepy Joes ratings continue to plummet.
Actually it does when the OP is about four songs being on the iTunes charts all with the same name. Just because it goes against your narrative that you are trying to create doesn't mean shinola.

Now is Biden popularity decreasing yes. Only a total fool wouldn't believe that. But remember under Trump, Trump had similar numbers and we were always told "Nothing to worry about." All that shows is the hypocrisy. It is fine for a Republican, not a Democrat. GO TEAM RED!

Old 11-01-2021, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Actually it does when the OP is about four songs being on the iTunes charts all with the same name. Just because it goes against your narrative that you are trying to create doesn't mean shinola.

Now is Biden popularity decreasing yes. Only a total fool wouldn't believe that. But remember under Trump, Trump had similar numbers and we were always told "Nothing to worry about." All that shows is the hypocrisy. It is fine for a Republican, not a Democrat. GO TEAM RED!
Lol. I have no narrative. I said the songs are extremely popular and you’re trying to refute that by bringing up songs with the same name to prove it wrong…and the more popular it gets the more songs will be made and possibly be as popular.

Ahhh, the because Trump deflection in a Sleepy Joe thread to try to justify Sleepy Joes approval ratings. Great to hear you say that as I totally agree with GO TEAM RED!

Old 11-01-2021, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Lol. I have no narrative. I said the songs are extremely popular and you’re trying to refute that by bringing up songs with the same name to prove it wrong…and the more popular it gets the more songs will be made and possibly be as popular.

Ahhh, the because Trump deflection in a Sleepy Joe thread to try to justify Sleepy Joes approval ratings. Great to hear you say that as I totally agree with GO TEAM RED!
Trump is relevant in a "Sleepy Joe" thread, who did "Sleepy Joe" beat in a presidential election?

Old 11-01-2021, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Trump is relevant in a "Sleepy Joe" thread, who did "Sleepy Joe" beat in a presidential election?
Interesting attempt at deflection, except Let’s Go Brandon songs being extremely popular has zero to do with because Trump. It has to do with him being a fool and his plummeting approval rating

Old 11-01-2021, 07:15 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,532 times
Waiting for the PoopiePantsBiden songs to come out. I predict 7 of the top 10. LOL!

Old 11-01-2021, 10:11 AM

10,078 posts, read 7,757,140 times
Trump is enjoying the new chant. He just can't hold back his big smile. Even Melania seems quite entertained.

https://rumble.com/voj8bb-music-to-m...gobrandon.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies