Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 07:42 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's the point. It's the goal.

People need to step back and look at the big Big BIG picture.

A few here will understand. Most won't, unfortunately.

If people start some research -- real research not 'snopes said, CNN said,' etc. -- they'll be shocked at what can be found.

I continue to be surprised at how easily people believe what they are told. Without question. Heck even toddlers say no.
There will always be a few loons out there who think America should be a theocracy. I don’t see it as anything more than that.

However, it is troubling that someone who held a high position in the U.S. government would say something so un-American. Hopefully, it was a slip of the tongue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 07:53 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You do realize they all worship the same God, right?
Not quite true.
Buddhists don't worship any god.
Hindus worship one God but in many different forms and manifestations.
Christians may worship one God but with three aspects, or not. (They also may revere saints, who will intercede on their behalf)
Muslims worship Allah, who is the greatest of deceivers. (Their scriptures, really)
Jews worship one God, but it may be the merciful, loving one, or the vengeful petty one... not sure which is which.
. . . .
Personally, I don't care what religion one practices, as long as the individual respects the Creator endowed rights of others. If their religion encourages them to deceive, attack, conquer, or kill those who won't convert or submit, they're uncivilized IMHO.

Tolerance of evil is unmerciful to the next victim. But using evil to defeat evil only makes evil the victor.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:58 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
For more on this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ianity-2021-11

Definitely not something I would be in favor of!

Old 11-14-2021, 08:16 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
What he said is a bit confusing and not really clear. It's kind of open-ended. He didn't say one specific religion and God could be taken to mean a lot of things. Budda, Allah, God ... they all mean the same thing. A higher deity, although given the audience it could be inferred that he meant Christianity.

In any case, I disagree with this kind of preaching. The U.S. was founded in part on the freedom of religion or rather the freedom from religion, which at the time was the oppressive Church of England.

I think that he was largely preaching to the choir here. It's his opinion and doesn't mean much more than that. It's not going to change anything with regards to how one worships or not, and what one's beliefs are if they have any.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:06 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Maybe he should move to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:08 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdagoat View Post
lol I guess the constitution is just toilet tissue at this point.
It's already become that when the dems decided to make Fauci dictator of the world.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:01 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
This guy is a real danger to this nation.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:29 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I was brought up catholic and went to catholic schools. We went to church at least 3 times a week. Religion was engrained in us. As I have got older I realized that organized religion is just a cult to make money. Just look at these mega churches. It doesn't mean I don't believe in god, it just means I don't believe profiting of people who do.
I sort of agree. It's just not the Catholics out to make money, It's other Religions.

I was raised Catholic but Now, consider myself Christian only.

And The POPE we have now - Fraud.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:37 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
That is not in any founding document. It's from the Pledge of Allegiance for God's sake. It was not even in the original version. It also says "indivisible" in there yet Flynn and his treasonous cronies in the GOP are trying to do just the opposite.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
There is only one God and Jews and Christians serve the same God. It is the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. Christians have been grafted into the Jewish religion by faith. One God, One religion.

And Islam worships that same god. Similar delusion as those that think their favorite imaginary friend speaks to them personally, you know as in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies