Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 12:41 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I still prefer Christianity to atheism. Both are religions but atheism is far more destructive.

BTW, ridiculous statement by Flynn. This is America.
I prefer atheism to Christianity. No one kills people in the name of atheism, unlike Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and even some Buddhists in the name of their religion.

(And yes, atheists like Stalin and Pol Pot killed millions... but not in the name of atheism. BTW, the favorite trope of Hitler being atheist is wrong... he was a devout Christian.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 12:46 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
There is only one God and Jews and Christians serve the same God. It is the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. Christians have been grafted into the Jewish religion by faith. One God, One religion.

Jews and Muslims serve the same G-d. Christians have instead chosen to follow a messiah who did not fulfill the prophecies G-d put forth.

Leave us Jews out of whatever you're selling, please. You're not "grafted into the Jewish religion." You're the unauthorized sequel.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/s...425249798?s=21

Said Flynn: “If we are going to have one nation under God, which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God, and one religion under God.”

Wow.

This guy’s a little too close to General Jack D. Ripper to my liking.
Just another tweet from someone who needs media attention.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:01 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
What he said is a bit confusing and not really clear. It's kind of open-ended. He didn't say one specific religion and God could be taken to mean a lot of things. Budda, Allah, God ... they all mean the same thing. A higher deity, although given the audience it could be inferred that he meant Christianity.

In any case, I disagree with this kind of preaching. The U.S. was founded in part on the freedom of religion or rather the freedom from religion, which at the time was the oppressive Church of England.

I think that he was largely preaching to the choir here. It's his opinion and doesn't mean much more than that. It's not going to change anything with regards to how one worships or not, and what one's beliefs are if they have any.
No, what he said was perfectly clear and he even repeated it so as to ensure everyone knew what he said wasn't simply misspeaking.
Quote:
If we are going to have one nation under God, which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God, and one religion under God.”
We have to have one religion. There's really nothing that's unclear or confusing about it whatsoever. Crystal clear, repeated just to enusre nobody could possibly think his stuttering and having a difficult time making words come out meant he just misspoke and accidentally had some words come out he didn't mean.

He can come back it was all a mistake and I didn't mean to say we must have only one religion and I misspoke, twice. Personally I doubt many people would believe him. The better tact would probably to say something like I didn't think through the implications of what I was saying. It was wrong and I apologize. That is, of course, unless he meant exactly what he said both times he said it. We have to have religon.

Last edited by Malloric; 11-14-2021 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-14-2021, 01:06 PM

176 posts, read 129,315 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJF...el=EmanuelIuga

Old 11-14-2021, 01:08 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
They're saying the quiet part out loud again. Scary.
No kidding. Why do right wingers even try to claim to love freedom and the Constitution when they continue to crap on both?

Old 11-14-2021, 02:46 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Interested to see how the conservatives here on City-Data feel about this.

Does the C-D Trump crowd feel that Christianity should be the one and only religion in America?

Old 11-14-2021, 02:52 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Somebody said something. Acknowledged. Somebody did something that affects our nation. Ignored. Priorities people. See spud joe posts for details, and quit ignoring what you have unleashed.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:59 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Only one brand of brainwashing. Wouldn't that make things easy.
Exact same thing I thought. The people in the crowd cheered after Flynn said that.

If able to answer anonymously, I wonder how many conservatives on this forum would vote "yes" to America "officially" becoming a Christian nation.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:03 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Interested to see how the conservatives here on City-Data feel about this.

Does the C-D Trump crowd feel that Christianity should be the one and only religion in America?
I'm conservative. See post #35.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies