Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 09:59 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I would assume it's because most humans are rather social creatures and tend to "team up" on most everything. And then they tend to come up with some hierarchal/caste scheme of leadership and class. Not my favorite model, but it is fairly typical for us humans.
I was brought up catholic and went to catholic schools. We went to church at least 3 times a week. Religion was engrained in us. As I have got older I realized that organized religion is just a cult to make money. Just look at these mega churches. It doesn't mean I don't believe in god, it just means I don't believe profiting of people who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 10:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 6,733,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollycat View Post
I'm assuming he means something post-Jewish and pre-Muslim. Does he say which particular version of Catholic or Protestant religion he considers to be the one? There's so many choices.
Russian Orthodox no doubt.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:04 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
I thought military people took a vow to uphold the Constitution? Flynn has apparently forgotten his pledge.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:05 PM

219 posts, read 161,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You do realize they all worship the same God, right?
In theory, they seem to worship the same God. In practice, there is a lot of variation and there certainly seems to be a lot of friction between the various types now and again.

I fail to see how "you have to be Christian to be here" wouldn't break down into "you have to be a particular type of Christian to be here".

Old 11-13-2021, 10:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Don't most countries have multiple religions? And what does my atheism count as?

I agree that it would make things a bit more peaceful if everyone were the same though, if that's the arguement he's going for, but even then people would find things to fight about. It's why Christianity is so fractued. A whole new denomination was created becasue some people didn't like musical instruments used during worship. There nothing too petty for people to fight about

Old 11-13-2021, 10:06 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Didn't QAnon believe he was worshipping Satan at a Nebraska church? Heh, amusing.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:08 PM

219 posts, read 161,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Russian Orthodox no doubt.
LOL.

When I was ticking off the variations of Catholic, I totally forgot about the Russian Orthodox.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:14 PM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Don't most countries have multiple religions?
Yes, most do.

What Flynn is advocating -- on the sly -- is an official state religion like the Church of England where the monarch (or president) is head of church. This would also mean only one sect of Christianity, whatever that is, will be in government. This would also eventually lead to some form of racial biases, and fools be whoever thinks otherwise, in government.

We should not press Flynn. Let him talk. The more unprompted the better. Religious fanatics cannot help but reveals themselves. I hope we are wrong about him, but let him talk.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:17 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I was brought up catholic and went to catholic schools. We went to church at least 3 times a week. Religion was engrained in us. As I have got older I realized that organized religion is just a cult to make money. Just look at these mega churches. It doesn't mean I don't believe in god, it just means I don't believe profiting of people who do.
Yes, there is plenty of that going on. And it certainly isn't in the "true spirit" of what Christianity is supposed to be about.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:38 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Yes, most do.

What Flynn is advocating -- on the sly -- is an official state religion like the Church of England where the monarch (or president) is head of church. This would also mean only one sect of Christianity, whatever that is, will be in government. This would also eventually lead to some form of racial biases, and fools be whoever thinks otherwise, in government.

We should not press Flynn. Let him talk. The more unprompted the better. Religious fanatics cannot help but reveals themselves. I hope we are wrong about him, but let him talk.
Church of Q and the living God Mr. T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies