Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 12:49 PM

4,511 posts, read 4,048,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hmm gun totters some may reply. I own - but just saying - that’s how many will see it. Poor kids. I have 3 grands in school. It’s terrifying anymore.
Really though? Is it ‘terrifying’? There are 97,568 public schools in America. You might want to pray to god every time they get home safely after a car ride. Their chances of dieing ARE higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 12:54 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
Colorado Democrats have passed a red flag law and additional gun restrictions for legal gun owners (er, I mean, additional “gun safety measures”) and have patted themselves on the back for “doing something,” yet these incidents still continue to happen. Wonder what measures they will take next, so that they can be seen as “doing something.”

Both situations are terrible, but it doesn’t seem like these Democrat measures and punishment of legal gun owners have really done anything to stop the violence, like we were told.

As far as Aurora is concerned, like any city, it has some parts that have higher level of crime than other parts.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:04 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What is going on in Colorado ? When I think of that state, gangbanger violence like this is the last thing I'd think of.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/aurora-shooting-nome-park/
Oh, Colorado is a hot leftist mess. It has gone far down hill in the last two to three decades as it has moved farther to the left. This is exactly what happens in a society that embraces progressive ideologies.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:16 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Oh, Colorado is a hot leftist mess. It has gone far down hill in the last two to three decades as it has moved farther to the left. This is exactly what happens in a society that embraces progressive ideologies.
I don’t plan on staying in Colorado forever, but I agree with this statement.

Denver has always been “blue” for the most part, but now that it’s an extreme, progressive shade of blue, the city itself has lost a lot of its appeal. I still go to a dentist in Denver, just southeast of downtown, and I drive through parts of Denver that used to be relatively nice but are now looking terrible, with rampant visible homeless, crime, trash, etc., but Democrats now support and encourage all of this, for various reasons.

At the state level, Democrats run everything, and we have some of the nastiest, most vindictive people (Democrats) I have ever seen within state government. I’m not trying to claim that Republicans are perfect an as pure as the wind-driven snow, but Colorado was better, overall, when it was more of a “live and let live” red/purple state.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:25 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Aurora is high crime and it's close to Commerce City which my Cop friends say is really bad.

Denver Metro area is no longer Colorado.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
So far one 15 year old has been arrested for the first shooting at Nome Park across from Aurora Central HS, more suspect still unknown. Three 16 year olds were arrested and charged as adults at the second shooting in the Hinkley High parking lot. Violent crime in Aurora has skyrocketed.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:45 PM

4,875 posts, read 2,679,748 times
there's been several school shootings in Colorado recently that I've heard about..what's up with that?..3 dead..

Old 11-30-2021, 02:58 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
there's been several school shootings in Colorado recently that I've heard about..what's up with that?..3 dead..
Violent crime is way up and teen depression and anxiety are also way up. Seems like a bad combo of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies