Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 08:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,075,034 times

Advertisements

Looks like they were put up to it by "white supremacists". Must be.

Next story? What else are white people doing wrong? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,075,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A lot of black kids, especially those from lower income homes, are totally healthy and normal but have IQs so low that grade-level schoolwork is just too hard. So what should schools do with them?
There are unskilled labor jobs paying over $20 an hour and more to start. What do you mean, what to do with them?

Old 11-20-2021, 09:09 PM

14,017 posts, read 8,172,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Chicago tore down some of its public housing. Some of its former occupants went to places like Iowa, where the cost of living is lower. 1.Some of those persons just continued their dysfunctional ways in Iowa.

There are thousands of people to move. While there are certainly plenty of places to move said persons, there are holes in this. It is like I said. Underclass, dysfunctional types will find each other. There is a better chance of said persons falling in with the underclass Whites than learning from the higher echelons of the White population.

I've mentioned this before. 2 There will be those who will not be happy to see people who were once in the projects being relocated to their communities, even one person. Many will likely take it to a vote and say NO. In order for your plan to work, you have to get over some hurdles.
-First, the prospective communities have to say yes to it. I imagine many people move out to certain areas to get away from individuals who inhabit the likes of the projects. Some people won't be to happy about your plan. -Second, even if you could get the relocation to work, there is the situation of assimilation. It may or may not work. 3. In order for it to work, BOTH the host community and the person moving there have to work together. How does one assimilate if they aren't exactly accepted by the community they are relocated to?
-Third, and I've mentioned this before. Many people who take their bad habits elsewhere will find some underclass White person or druggy to hang out with. In order for assimilation to work, said persons cannot be hanging out fellow underclass types.

1. I don't think they would necessarily continue to act out. My guess is in time the mother will attempt to fit it. Her children? The younger they are the easier the move might be.

2. Not saying your wrong. But one family and one family only? Give it a go and see what happens.

3. The only requirement is everyone's rights are respected. It's up to the new family on the block to conform. It won't be easy but as I said before if the mother doesn't like it she can move. But if she wants public assistance/housing she has to play by the new rules.

Again Oakland and Chicago would be a pilot program. Might work. Might not. However, its certainly worth a try.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:17 PM

1,036 posts, read 454,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Hard to add more police to the transit system when hundreds of police have taken early retirement over the BLM/Defund the Police issues and hundreds more are being forced off the force over vaccine mandates.

I couldn't rep you again, but all very well said. And not just "staying" in school, but actually working hard in school. There is a culture in urban environs where African American students who do work hard in school and study are attacked by other AA students for "trying to be white". Need to fix that mentality. I think part of the answer lies in outsiders doing what they can to lift up and support the African American churches in urban America.

Where thee is video, it needs to be shown and talked about. It is sunlight that cleanses. Body cams and outside video is what has helped clean up police departments.

Oh man, now you've done it... get off Mayor Willie. He is the man who generously shared his lover, Kamala Harris with us and gave her her first political position.
Madame Harris saying post-Rittenhouse verdict that she built her career on creating equality in the justice system...didn't this nitwit put more black people away in San Francisco for weed possession than any other DA?

Old 11-20-2021, 10:02 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
There are unskilled labor jobs paying over $20 an hour and more to start. What do you mean, what to do with them?
I said what should schools do with them. You suggest they be expelled, and go find work as laborers?

Old 11-20-2021, 10:53 PM

1,895 posts, read 665,322 times
Quote:
There are limits to what I can do by myself. By myself the best I can do is behave myself, police myself, and the best example that I can be. My father has tried to talk sense into a relative of his who did ghetto crap. My father is a living example of a Black man doing great things. College educated professional, a family man. He came from a rough neighborhood, the product of a working class Black family. He got a college education and found himself in the middle class. He was an example, and yet a relative of his wouldn't listen to him. If my father, who grew up in the ghetto, couldn't get through to some family member immersed in ghetto trash, imagine how much harder it would be for me to reach strangers. I grew up in a suburban/exurban, 90% White neighborhood.
I can understand your frustration.

Whenever I see/hear a Black accused another Black of 'acting White', inevitably it begs the question, at least in my mind, then: What is 'acting Black'?

For every component under the heading 'acting White', there has to be a corresponding opposite component under the heading 'acting Black'. How else are Blacks supposed to know the difference? Am not being facetious. This is a serious question.

Is being college educated 'acting White'? If yes, then is ignorance 'acting Black'?

The Asian community at large do not have the argument 'acting White' to use against fellow Asians. We value the college education, respect for elders, being on time, being polite, mindful of authority, and be sacrificial when circumstances requires. We do not see these things as being racially native but of cultural and familial sourced. But that does not mean our community is pure of something similar. We use 'banana' and 'Twinkie' as being yellow on the outside but white on the inside. However, the slurs are not as emotionally impactful as 'acting White' simply because most second generation Asians do not have much psychological and emotional ties to their parents' birth countries.

Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney wrote 'Ebony And Ivory' with the suggestion that Blacks and Whites co-exists side by side in the piano and produce beautiful things.

However, for those who believes in 'acting White' and 'acting Black', Blacks and Whites does co-exists but opposite each other on the chessboard, in perpetual mortal combat against each other.

Look at the environments. The keyboard forces Blacks and Whites to produce. The chessboard forces Blacks and Whites to fight. From this perspective, as much as I understand your frustration, I have no choice but to press you to do 'something' about your community. I do not know what that 'something' is but I know in my gut that 'something' has to be done and must be done by Blacks. The same demand for the White folks for the extremists in their ranks. I have personal run-ins with the neo-Nazis in northern Idaho when they tried to recruit young airmen at Mountain Home AFB. I did not want my Air Force community to be tainted with this abhorrent belief.

Quote:
There are no limits to what Tyson can do. He's living proof of what a Black man can be. He's doing it right. My point is this. If he doesn't do enough for the Black community, he won't face sanctions for it. He could have an impact. However, failure to do so won't hurt him because of the audience he is serving. It would be different if his primary audience, his base, was mainly Black. I'm not saying he should exclude people of other races. However, you are the one who said prominent Black people aren't doing enough for the Black community. I gave you a reason why. Said persons don't have to. It's all about simple math. There's nothing to lose.
Yes, I did. And I also disagreed with your reason why.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a celebrity in a race neutral environment -- Science. But what about other Black celebrities whose accomplishments can be used to shape narratives? The group Apache have one song with the lyrics to kill white people. When Spike Lee said Blacks cannot racists because racism is an institution, he gave license for Blacks to see the American society as that chessboard. To me, these Blacks failed the Black community.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:36 AM

979 posts, read 423,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Darn white supremacy! We need more equity where Asians are discriminated against in admissions to reign in this white supremacy.

https://6abc.com/shooting-attempted-...city/11256875/

An Asian man defended himself.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:48 AM

979 posts, read 423,081 times
Quote:

There are thousands of people to move. While there are certainly plenty of places to move said persons, there are holes in this. It is like I said. Underclass, dysfunctional types will find each other. There is a better chance of said persons falling in with the underclass Whites than learning from the higher echelons of the White population.
You're right.

Over the years the new white trash always seemed to find the existing white trash in my neighborhood.

We've had two lower-class black families come and go ... guess who gravitated towards them while they were here?

Old 11-21-2021, 06:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,929,096 times
Quote:
Plenty of Black people are getting educations, stepping up, and doing as they should in order to thrive. Many of those Black persons often end up far away from where the Black underclass is. When alot of Black people who come from the ghettos/poor areas do well for themselves, they often leave and never come back.

Reason, a rapper out of Memphis was murdered. I saw a post on Facebook from a classmate mine. He came up poor, no father at home, he lived in public housing (something I never knew about until we became adults). He had to learn it all for himself. Now he's married with children, and posting about family life. He made it out. He said "Black folks, when you make it out of the 'hood, you don't owe the hood anything. Don't try to go back to people who can't be reached". He said this regarding the rapper who got murdered.

Black people have historically been at the bottom. Considering the history of why Black people are in America, I see things like this. Black people didn't start from zero. They started BELOW zero.
You completely missed the point I was making. It’s not that there aren’t plenty of blacks getting educations and doing as they should. That’s not the issue.

The specific issue I was talking about is the cultural belief held by a substantial portion or subgroup of the black population that “doing well in school or speaking properly = acting white.”

This train of thought has been detrimental to the black community because many kids growing up don’t want to be perceived as “acting white or selling out” so they don’t want to achieve academically. Instead being good at basketball/football or rapping is what is perceived as being cool. This is in part why the academic achievement and test scores of blacks are the lowest of all groups.

I am not talking about the ghettos/poor areas/hood which the rest of your response dived in to. I witnessed this mentality among blacks in the upper/middle class suburb I grew up in when I was in middle school and high school.......

I will see if you have a reply to this, now that I’ve clarified.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:19 AM

73,189 posts, read 62,899,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
How do you define 'underclass'?

Socially or financially?
Socially, and to an extent, socioeconomic. The vast majority of those who are underclass in their behaviors and in their mentality tend to be poor, have high likelihoods of being unemployed. You can be poor without having underclass behaviors.

Definition of underclass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underclass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies