Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 04:06 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Didn’t stop a civil verdict against OJ. The burden of proof is very different in a civil case. It’s not beyond a reasonable doubt but, preponderance of the evidence. Kyle could be hit with civil penalties if it’s found his behavior contributed to the victim’s deaths.
Oh FFS, Ron and Nicole did not initiate or participate in their attacks. They didn’t point a gun at OJ or bash him with a skateboard. All four men who attacked or pointed a gun at KR have criminal histories, all violent and one particularly vile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 04:08 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
It was proven Darren Wilson was justified in his use of force
And black people to their credit testified in his favor
Yes that is not in dispute, just responding to the poster that indicated the DOJ investigation was a waste of time.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:08 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
As much as I disagree w/ the verdict, that isn't even a thought of mine...but it is very sad indeed if anyone is offering that as their opinion.

To me he's guilty because he shouldnt' have been there...those businesses didnt' hire him...he wasn't trained in security...and he shouldn't have been holding that weapon to begin with...take those away and those victims of his wouldnt' have been killed.
That said, the jury voted to acquit and I happen to believe in our system of justice still even if I know that it's totally unfair to those of color. But fixing that part of it doesn't mean we convict a white guy too...according to 12 peers, the prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty of the charges...I'm ok w/ that...and I know I'd rather have 100 guilty people get off than have 1 innocent person convicted
The Rioters should not have been there. When the riots stop then there is no need to defend.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:09 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Didn’t stop a civil verdict against OJ. The burden of proof is very different in a civil case. It’s not beyond a reasonable doubt but, preponderance of the evidence. Kyle could be hit with civil penalties if it’s found his behavior contributed to the victim’s deaths.
Again, depends on the law. In Florida, a person cannot be sued for self defense.

The OJ trial was not about self defense.

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
OJ didn't have a court rule that he acted in self defense, Rittenhouse does. With a confirmed self defense ruling, there is no wrongful death case.

Sorry, the families of the attackers have no path forward in civil court.

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Look up Clean Hands Doctrine for civil cases
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/clean_hands_doctrine

Did Nicole and her boyfriend attacked OJ and OJ killed them in self defense?

The 2 dead guys and Mr Unicep are anything but “clean” when they attacked Kyle
Quote:
The clean hands doctrine is based on the maxim of equity that states that one “who comes into equity must come with clean hands.” This doctrine requires the court to deny equitable relief to a party who has violated good faith with respect to the subject of the claim. The purpose of the doctrine is to prevent a party from obtaining relief when that party’s own wrongful conduct has made it such that granting the relief would be against good conscience. It is an affirmative defense that the defendant may claim

Old 11-19-2021, 04:11 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
The ones that have more to worry about are the ones that initiated the use of force against a child. In addition to the two at room temperature (perhaps their estates can be seized)-we have Unicep, drop-kick guy and the sucker-punch guy that attacked Kyle. All attacks that could have caused great bodily harm or death.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:11 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Show you what exactly? I've provided a link to news coverage of the interview. What else do you need?
Have you even paid attention to the trail? Be honest, and if you respond, I'll show you where the judge slapped down the the prosecutor for asking kyle why he has not responded to anything prior to the trial.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:12 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
complete lols at the girl behind Rittenhouse in the gallery reacting and sobbing in disbelief

Old 11-19-2021, 04:15 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
biden:
“I stand by what the jury has to say. The jury system works."

well said. let's hope he resists the usual relapse into stupid babble about 'white supremacists'.
true to form, president houseplant caves to the pressure.
now he's 'angry and comcerned'

https://mobile.twitter.com/POTUS/sta...96805411287041
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies