Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 12:30 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,708 times

Advertisements

nothing will happen, the prosecutor is a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 12:34 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is the look of someone who just got away with murder. He got every break in his case. Millions to bail him out, millions more for his defense team. A judge obviously in the bag for him. And now his own TV special and a book deal. Near sainthood with the white supremacists and gun nuts. Shed no tears. In the long view, he benefited immensely from his actions and especially from being prosecuted for them.
Jury says you are wrong and the law says you are wrong.

Self-defense is not murder.

The rest of your post is made up nonsense.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:14 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,562,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
OJ Simpson.

You two clearly have zero legal experience and yet seem to think you're experts.
SMH kiddo OJ didn't claim self defense, he said he didn't do it. That's completely different from a court ruling that you exercised self defense.

Also I'm not saying the families of the assailants couldn't do it just that they'd have no chance whatsoever at winning and Kyle's counter suits would bankrupt them if they tried.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:25 PM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
just wait. the prosecutor will be sanctioned, up to disbarred for suborning perjury from 2 witnesses that intentionally lied and told the prosecutor on the record they would lie. In all states, all instances, that is immediate grounds...he knows he is screwed

Old 11-20-2021, 01:28 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakker View Post
If anyone should be fired it's the judge. Blatantly biased, kind of like the commenters on this thread.
Leftists hate the rule of law and constitutional rights.

In the minds of liberals, Rittenhouse was guilty, as the presumption of "racism" was raised. As "racism" was the crux of the liberal case, he should have been found guilty and executed.

Fortunately, we still have remnants of actual justice, in which citizens have the right to protect themselves from being killed by insane, criminal left wing thugs.

Liberals have come to expect that libs can loot, pillage, rape and murder without consequence. They are shocked that fellow lib/criminals might be killed when they are out committing crimes. That is not the way it is supposed to happen (in their minds). The libs raise hell, destroy property, beat or kill a few people, then are supposed to be able to go home and carry on their lives.

Old 11-20-2021, 01:38 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,861,539 times
In response to the original question…do you have any idea how common prosecutorial misconduct is? Do you know how often it is actually prosecuted?

Just two cases of terrible prosecutorial misconduct off the top of my head, from the “liberal hellhole” New York:

Kalief Browder
The Central Park 5

This stuff happens everyday in American courtrooms, but it seems the only time you people care is when it’s someone high-profile from your side having a taste of what it’s like to experience slander and prosecutorial misconduct. You should go check out the Innocence Project to get an idea of how many wrongly convicted men are sitting on death row because of prosecutorial misconduct. Never mind all the drug cases, where people are doing life sentences after illegal searches by police that weren’t thrown out. Or when police planted evidence or buried exculpatory evidence.

I know Rittenhouse is your boy, but I don’t believe any of you care about the issue of prosecutorial misconduct, police misconduct, and the broken justice system beyond his case. At least Rittenhouse got off the charges. Most victims of the justice system don’t, and many continue to languish in prison even when that misconduct is demonstrated and exculpatory evidence produced.

I also think that, while Kyle was innocent of murder, the case is more complex than many here make it seem. I think he should have been charged with something like reckless endangerment for bringing a high-powered rifle into an area where there was civil unrest. That is and was a recipe for disaster. But, no! You want more people to do that. I also see plenty of people here defending Ashli Babbitt, who was also part of a violent riot attempting to breach the most secure area of the nation’s government. Yet many of you believe she’s the victim. A lot of you also think that Derek Chauvin was innocent of murdering George Floyd. You all get upset when it’s one of yours experiencing even a little of the brutality and unfairness of the American criminal justice system, but I don’t hear any of you advocating for larger structural change. Only when it’s one of yours.

Last edited by TOkidd; 11-20-2021 at 01:49 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 06:42 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post

I know Rittenhouse is your boy, but I don’t believe any of you care about the issue of prosecutorial misconduct, police misconduct, and the broken justice system beyond his case. At least Rittenhouse got off the charges. Most victims of the justice system don’t, and many continue to languish in prison even when that misconduct is demonstrated and exculpatory evidence produced.
Your assumptions and feelings are not facts. Interestingly, Trump got involved in high profile injustice cases...and just this week, the Republican Governor of Oklahoma granted clemency.

Quote:
I also think that, while Kyle was innocent of murder, the case is more complex than many here make it seem. I think he should have been charged with something like reckless endangerment for bringing a high-powered rifle into an area where there was civil unrest. That is and was a recipe for disaster. But, no! You want more people to do that. I also see plenty of people here defending Ashli Babbitt, who was also part of a violent riot attempting to breach the most secure area of the nation’s government. Yet many of you believe she’s the victim. A lot of you also think that Derek Chauvin was innocent of murdering George Floyd. You all get upset when it’s one of yours experiencing even a little of the brutality and unfairness of the American criminal justice system, but I don’t hear any of you advocating for larger structural change. Only when it’s one of yours.
Why should Kyle be denied his constitutional right..,but not Gaige or anyone else?

And frankly your post is racist.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:59 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
The problem with that is then DAs will be more hesitant to bring charges against the poweful for fear that when the winds change, they will be personally prosecuted.

We need to have some review before the charges are filed.

Good.

Prosecutors should be afraid to bring bogus charges for political reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies