Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 04:42 PM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I finally had some time the other night to watch the 9 hour video of the victim's statements. Some of them repeated the same thing: PTSD, mainly. Some of them had major impact. The one lady talking about her daughter still going through surgeries, a year later, was a good statement. The things that kid has been through, and still has to go through, is terrible.

And then came Brooks to give his statement. It was nothing but 'me, me, me, me, bugs in my cereal, me, me, me, me...' I couldn't even finish watching it. I fast forwarded through the video, and it looks like he spent over an hour talking about himself, making excuses for his behavior. Complete narcissist.
At least he'll never get out of jail, 6 life sentences I think it was that he earned for that heinous assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 06:06 PM

35,265 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
At least he'll never get out of jail, 6 life sentences I think it was that he earned for that heinous assault.
Until the wrong governor gets in, yes. In New York the Brinks Armored Car robbers were freed despite the heinous nature of their crimes.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:27 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
He might end up getting killed in prison. He hurt children, and that's a no-no.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I finally had some time the other night to watch the 9 hour video of the victim's statements. Some of them repeated the same thing: PTSD, mainly. Some of them had major impact. The one lady talking about her daughter still going through surgeries, a year later, was a good statement. The things that kid has been through, and still has to go through, is terrible.

And then came Brooks to give his statement. It was nothing but 'me, me, me, me, bugs in my cereal, me, me, me, me...' I couldn't even finish watching it. I fast forwarded through the video, and it looks like he spent over an hour talking about himself, making excuses for his behavior. Complete narcissist.
Darrell Brooks is a monster and a terrorist. Narcissism is one of the hallmarks of being a monster and a terrorist. He doesn't care about anyone, not even his own family. His social media included posts where he called for violence against White people. Given the way Darrell Brooks feels about White people, he isn't going to care about what said lady talked about regarding her daughter. He's not going to care that said lady's daughter has gone through so much trauma. Darrell Brooks is a terrorist.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Until the wrong governor gets in, yes. In New York the Brinks Armored Car robbers were freed despite the heinous nature of their crimes.
This is not New York. This is Waukesha County, WI we're talking about. He's not likely to get out of prison.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:36 PM

8,289 posts, read 3,528,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that one sounds like an actual accident, as opposed to the criminal darrell brooks massacre.
Right. He was young and he didn't have knowledge of defensive driving. The weight of the float and it going downhill is said to have made it worse. He needs a good lawyer. He shouldn't have been charged.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:33 AM

35,265 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is not New York. This is Waukesha County, WI we're talking about. He's not likely to get out of prison.
Gubernatorial pardons can override the most GOP county legislator. If Manson almost walked he will walk. As West Side Story said "he's depraved on account he's deprived."

Old 11-22-2022, 07:47 AM

15,444 posts, read 9,140,340 times
Quote:

I don't think anybody could. The judge had to cut him off after 2 hours and 6 minutes. His statement was unbearable for anybody to listen to.

In related news he was back in court a few days ago strapped into a wheelchair. That trial has now been postponed. I'm not sure what they are even bothering with it at this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzwSVRODZRM

Old 11-22-2022, 07:50 AM

9,547 posts, read 4,374,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I don't think anybody could. The judge had to cut him off after 2 hours and 6 minutes. His statement was unbearable for anybody to listen to.

In related news he was back in court a few days ago strapped into a wheelchair. That trial has now been postponed. I'm not sure what they are even bothering with it at this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzwSVRODZRM

I watched a fair amount of the trial and sentencing on YouTube, but could only stomach it in small slices - no more than 20 minutes or so. He is easily one of the most obnoxious people I have ever seen, and that's saying a lot when one considers all of the 1A auditors and Sov Cits on YouTube.

Last edited by YourWakeUpCall; 11-22-2022 at 08:00 AM..

Old 11-22-2022, 07:54 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,774,487 times
Yet another violent incident on Biden's watch.

The country has gone off the cliff on Biden's watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies