Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 09:11 PM

27,249 posts, read 15,417,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/ukrain...ussian-attack/

US experts say Russia is planning a further incursion into Ukraine. The Ukrainian government has not stayed true to the Minsk agreement and has deepened ties with NATO.

This is a red line for the Russians, and since diplomacy has failed to garner results that have upped the ante.

Now let me ask you this: if China built up a military presence on our border with Mexico, do you think any leader in Washington would find that acceptable?
Besides Biden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 09:18 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,052,177 times
Why does Russia even want those two small provinces? They already go the Crimea. Or are they looking to push further into Ukraine?

Old 11-22-2021, 09:25 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,442,083 times
Yawn...

Russia, the go to thing to detract from domestic issues.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:27 PM

43,467 posts, read 18,562,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yawn...

Russia, the go to thing to detract from domestic issues.
Well they do alternate between Russia, Iran and every once in a while throw in North Korea.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,465,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why does Russia even want those two small provinces? They already go the Crimea. Or are they looking to push further into Ukraine?
They don't want the Donbass region, they just want to keep it under their influence as leverage against Ukraine to keep the government in Kyiv from joining NATO.

But as NATO is integrating itself into Ukraine and Kyiv is breaking the Minsk treaty, the Russians figure it is better to act aggressive now rather than just wait around and lose Ukraine.

They don't care about Donbass, they just want to stop Ukraine from drifting westward (so to speak).

Old 11-22-2021, 09:36 PM

9,391 posts, read 7,026,444 times
I'm sorry to say but I just don't care... Our kitchen is on fire right now so it's hard to worry about the neighbor's yard getting infested with rats ATM.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:01 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,848,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They don't want the Donbass region, they just want to keep it under their influence as leverage against Ukraine to keep the government in Kyiv from joining NATO.

But as NATO is integrating itself into Ukraine and Kyiv is breaking the Minsk treaty, the Russians figure it is better to act aggressive now rather than just wait around and lose Ukraine.

They don't care about Donbass, they just want to stop Ukraine from drifting westward (so to speak).
No, they do care about Donbass very much. First of all, Donbass is a Russian land which was donated to the Soviet Ukrainian republic during its formation in 1924. Secondly, the vast majority of the Donbass people are Russians. The main wish of Russia is to stop the civilian war between Kievan regime and Donbass. But Kievan junta broke the Minsk agreement of peace and keep killing peaceful civilians of the Donbass with the help of American "gifts" (weapons). The US instigates and pushes Ukraine to war with Russia promissing them support. Russia can not condone with it. Russia won't allow genocide of the Donbass people. But Russia don't want any war with Ukraine, because the Ukrainians are closest brothers and sisters of Russia. And the vast majority of ukrainians don't want any fight with Russia either. Only the US and their puppets in Kiev want the war, not people of Russia and Ukraine.

Last edited by musiqum; 11-22-2021 at 10:12 PM..

Old 11-22-2021, 10:01 PM

4,947 posts, read 2,089,760 times
FJB!! He’s brain bead and totally incompetent AND both the Russians and Chinese knows this.

I have no doubt that the Russians smell smell weakness and fear from our village idiot in the White House and I’m pretty sure the Russians will be conducting military actions into the Ukraine by Christmas or within the first week into 2022.

Being retired Army, I say FJB since I will not fight for this incompetent, pedo and corrupt @zz.

When war happens, it’s all his fault due to his weakness, so he and his crew of kiss@zz Generals can fight this time around.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:13 AM

13,267 posts, read 21,897,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
The funniest thing is that the American intelligence knows that Putin will attack Ukraine in the near future, but Putin himself has no idea about this upcoming war at all.
How do you know what Putin knows?

Old 11-23-2021, 06:20 AM

476 posts, read 338,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post

I have no doubt that the Russians smell smell weakness and fear from our village idiot in the White House and I’m pretty sure the Russians will be conducting military actions into the Ukraine by Christmas or within the first week into 2022.
I’m not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies