Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 01:22 PM

2,367 posts, read 911,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/ukrain...ussian-attack/

US experts say Russia is planning a further incursion into Ukraine. The Ukrainian government has not stayed true to the Minsk agreement and has deepened ties with NATO.

This is a red line for the Russians, and since diplomacy has failed to garner results that have upped the ante.

Now let me ask you this: if China built up a military presence on our border with Mexico, do you think any leader in Washington would find that acceptable?
At this point I am not sure if Russia has built up troops at the border. Russia has denied it, and there are no photos or satellite images or any concrete proof.

I believe it is very possible that our government sent out an order for the media to publish this report, to get Europeans to support the Ukraine, and manufacture anti-Russia sentiment.

If I was going to lie about an opponent, I want to lie by my own volition, and not be manipulated by the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 08:45 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,459,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
At this point I am not sure if Russia has built up troops at the border. Russia has denied it, and there are no photos or satellite images or any concrete proof.

I believe it is very possible that our government sent out an order for the media to publish this report, to get Europeans to support the Ukraine, and manufacture anti-Russia sentiment.

If I was going to lie about an opponent, I want to lie by my own volition, and not be manipulated by the media.
From what I have gathered Russia has about 80 to 100,000 troops of all branches in the western military districts. Or what we know as European Russia. Most are in 2nd line positions in the Rostov On Don area and back as far as Volgograd. There is of course the Crimea where there is a lot of personnel. Further north in the area of Bryanck and Voronezh there are a lot of assets it the forests. The troops in the Smolenck area are specifically there to reinforce Belarus. Further north in St Pete there is the normal troops strengths.

People think Russia will be able to put far more troops on the line given time when the need arises. Currently they keep brigades far forward largely unmanned with only basic security and maintenance for the most part. The troops are further back within mere hours of the preplaced equipment.

While the numbers seem large they are in fact not large at all. Russia could walk through Ukraine in a matter of weeks, if not days but that's about all it could do currently. The forces are largely defensive in nature at this point.

Russia attacking Europe is a fantasy of some insane minds but that's not going to happen. Russia simply is not capable of such a thing with what it has.

What we see now from the west is a propaganda campaign (ongoing) for the wests MIE. Simple as that. It takes the stifling of facts and logic to create fear.

Old 11-27-2021, 04:49 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,309,250 times
A billionaire says in the interview that Putin invests 20 times more in Crimea than the Ukraine. I guess Crimeans like it.

Then, the girl shows Ukrainian nationalist rallies. They are ready to kill Russians. I guess Russian-Ukrainians are afraid of them and secretly wait for Putin's soldiers to arrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzO7gIT5GYU

Old 11-27-2021, 05:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,422,665 times
People also conveniently forget that Kiev pulled Crimea's autonomy status, a status that was agreed to when independence was declared from the USSR. Yea, they have been quite irked for years over that.

People also want to not understand that the Donbass area was the wealthiest, most industrial area of Ukraine, but supplied the least support for Kiev, because Kiev for years was siphoning the wealth away from Donbass and handing it out to the rest of Ukraine. It was tolerated up until the ouster of Yanukovych, a person who Donbass (and Crimea) supported.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:21 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,422,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
A billionaire says in the interview that Putin invests 20 times more in Crimea than the Ukraine. I guess Crimeans like it.

Then, the girl shows Ukrainian nationalist rallies. They are ready to kill Russians. I guess Russian-Ukrainians are afraid of them and secretly wait for Putin's soldiers to arrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzO7gIT5GYU
Lol, "Ukrainian nationalists", dumb wannabe nazis without saying they are nazis, ghetto criminals, who get to latch onto some "cause", to justify their criminal ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies