Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 12:14 PM

38,585 posts, read 22,458,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Diane..There is no reasoning with people who believe a statement given by the shooter only. They are frozen in stone that nothing else could have transpired .. it is being extremely closed minded and believe every word they read.

No reasoning that much of what the shooter said could be just said to save his butt. We don't know yet, but if they do a thorough investigation and look at the shooting and even give it to a grand jury to see if they have a case after all the facts are gathered . Right now all they have is a one sided story which could be true but for some reason I think it stinks that the woman was saying "leave me alone" and he shot her in her yard even if she had a gun in her hand.. she did not come out shooting them down as he did her.
That should be obvious, the person who killed someone, gives his version of events. So we can close the book on that one. Case closed, let's all go home. All the date rapers can rest easy now, whew, glad that's over with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 12:16 PM

15,782 posts, read 9,612,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That should be obvious, the person who killed someone, gives his version of events. So we can close the book on that one. Case closed, let's all go home. All the date rapers can rest easy now, whew, glad that's over with.
So what should hapen? Should bis be charged just because you "feel" he's responsible? And what do date rapists have to do with this?

Old 12-04-2021, 12:18 PM

19,773 posts, read 10,221,384 times
Quote:
Except several other witnesses including the dead woman's mother, confirm the biker's story. I guess you lack reading comprehension because that has been posted here numerous times.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
OK, I don't know what was going on her head either, but to me feeling very intimidated and frightened is antithetical to leaving the undeniably superior safety of the house and going outside to challenge the perceived threat with a handgun.
Agreed. she should have stayed in the house. She agitated an already tense situation by coming out of the house with a gun. But wasn't he also responsible for escalating tensions beforehand, by following her to her home, and standing out front of her house. If he had not followed her, and confronted her like that, if he had parked a few houses down and waited for the police, would she have felt the need to get her gun?

Old 12-04-2021, 12:20 PM

78,980 posts, read 61,148,953 times
Quote:
Her mother was in the car with her?

First off, the link in the OP says she was pregnant, did you read it? Because that is the link I have read.

Are you just trying to be cute? 'Legally speaking he can stand in the street, blah blah blah....' if that is the game you are playing, I'm not playing along. I'm not speaking to what is, or is not legal, I'm clearly stating the facts here. He followed her to her home, and he chose to stand directly in front of her home.

A man follows her to her home and is standing on the street in front of her house, of course that would be intimidating. Personal space is a thing. If I were to confront you, and stood inches from your face, that is intimidating. If a man is tailgating you five feet off your bumper, that is intimidating. If a man is following a woman around in public, as she's walking home from the local grocery store, that is intimidating. So get off the notion that he was innocently following her home to stand in front of her home, and this did not freak her out.

Yeah, cuz women frightened by strange men who follow them home never think that they need to protect their person, their children or their mother.

Which witnesses? The shooter and his buddies?

I agree, in a perfect world, it would have been preferable if she remained cool as an ice-cube, and sat in her home waiting for the police. But she apparently had a mother, a daughter and an unborn baby in the house. It's very possible she felt she needed to protect from a potential road rager - who freaking followed her home and is standing in front of her house, glaring at her.

Neither you or I were in her head. and yet you surmise to understand what thoughts and emotions were going thru her head. It seems obvious that after the incident, and him following her to her house and standing in front of her home, that she might feel very intimidated, frightened and protective.

Too bad she wasn't a trained profession police officer and was able to handle the stress and emotions going thru her head.
Previously covered per police report that the witnesses to her hit and run and vehicular assault attempts did not know each other. You throw out all of that with a flick of the wrist and then try to depict it like some random guy chased her home and she had no idea why.

I think we have a number of older female posters that are very nice people in real life and just cannot wrap their heads around a scenario where a woman aggressively instigates violence and are factually and emotionally aware that most of the time the bad guy is indeed some guy.

So we get these refusals to accept some facts straight from the police while crafting additional ones out of thin air until a digestible narrative has been created.

We've had people claim he was alone, he tried to get in her house, her hands were up as if she were surrendering because that's what you do when you grab a gun and go towards people you're upset with...to surrender...lol....and a host of other nonsense. I'm surprised folks aren't yet claiming she was unarmed but maybe I missed that.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Except several other witnesses including the dead woman's mother, confirm the biker's story. I guess you lack reading comprehension because that has been posted here numerous times.
Her mother confirmed that she intentionally hit his bike a few times?
Oh wait, that's prob in the phantom police report.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Previously covered per police report that the witnesses to her hit and run and vehicular assault attempts did not know each other. You throw out all of that with a flick of the wrist and then try to depict it like some random guy chased her home and she had no idea why.
{snip}
We've been down this road already. You continue to cite a phantom "police report" as your fact-based ace in the hole, and yet you never link to it. So stop citing things you cannot provide.

What's next, you gonna cite the Trump Dossier too, is it in there?

Old 12-04-2021, 12:30 PM

14,700 posts, read 12,375,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Haven't heard anyone argue that it was random. Knowing why doesn't make it feel less threatening when he's standing outside her home. Knowing why makes it MORE threatening.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:33 PM

24,484 posts, read 13,009,270 times
Quote:
The mention of her being pregnant was in the OP's link. So the OP link is no longer allowed to be referred to now? Must be nice to have your own facts. If you want to provide a link that proves she wasn't pregnant, then by a means, provide it. We are supposed to be discussing this, not using this thread as an excuse to be rude and insulting. But no, you've been here for a couple months, and you'd rather use these threads to be snarky, dismissive and rude.
I had posted a link on 11/30 from a local media source , who stated:
"Police say the autopsy results on her pregnancy were inconclusive"
https://www.city-data.com/forum/62412436-post674.html

The only person to make the claim that she was pregnant was her mother. If she actually had been 4-5 month pregnant at the time of her death then it should be reasonable to think that the ME who'd done the autopsy would be able to find the fetus, right?

Just because you obviously hadn't been reading this thread or doing your own homework, there's no reason for you to be "snarky, dismissive and rude" to another poster, who it seems had been reading the thread and/or doing their own homework. In you're own post, you were behaving exactly as you claimed that poster was behaving.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,341,692 times
Quote:
Her mother was in the car with her?

First off, the link in the OP says she was pregnant, did you read it? Because that is the link I have read.

Are you just trying to be cute? 'Legally speaking he can stand in the street, blah blah blah....' if that is the game you are playing, I'm not playing along. I'm not speaking to what is, or is not legal, I'm clearly stating the facts here. He followed her to her home, and he chose to stand directly in front of her home.

A man follows her to her home and is standing on the street in front of her house, of course that would be intimidating. Personal space is a thing. If I were to confront you, and stood inches from your face, that is intimidating. If a man is tailgating you five feet off your bumper, that is intimidating. If a man is following a woman around in public, as she's walking home from the local grocery store, that is intimidating. So get off the notion that he was innocently following her home to stand in front of her home, and this did not freak her out.

Yeah, cuz women frightened by strange men who follow them home never think that they need to protect their person, their children or their mother.

Which witnesses? The shooter and his buddies?

I agree, in a perfect world, it would have been preferable if she remained cool as an ice-cube, and sat in her home waiting for the police. But she apparently had a mother, a daughter and an unborn baby in the house. It's very possible she felt she needed to protect from a potential road rager - who freaking followed her home and is standing in front of her house, glaring at her.

Neither you or I were in her head. and yet you surmise to understand what thoughts and emotions were going thru her head. It seems obvious that after the incident, and him following her to her house and standing in front of her home, that she might feel very intimidated, frightened and protective.

Too bad she wasn't a trained profession police officer and was able to handle the stress and emotions going thru her head.
Nope, witnesses were at the scene. Her mother confirmed what happened when she got shot.

Yep, I read it, and then it was said that the autopsy didn’t confirm she was pregnant. Did the autopsy confirm it?

Lol. Yep, he and witnesses followed her home and waited in the road for police to arrive.

If she was so freaked out why didn’t she stay inside her home?

How do you he was glaring at her?

Witnesses who didn’t even know the bikers and his buddies that were at the scene and in front of her house.

To bad she wasn’t a rager and able to control herself.

You certainly have a lot of unproven assumptions and accusations with nothing to back them up. Do you have proof that nobody else has to what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies