Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
You mean like we were from 2017-2020? The good old days for sure!
The major division started, IMHO, with Obama's election to a second term.

The far right believed that once America got a good solid look at Obama, he'd be defeated for a second term.

And that didn't happen.

So a rage began to boil.

Trump didn't BRING the angry revolution, he was CAUSED by it. The right was so very angry, that they wanted someone rude and hostile and hateful in office, who could speak publicly of their anger toward the right.

Trump didn't cause this. He rode the wave of far right rage into office, and surfed on top of it the whole time.

And now that their symbol of their rage has been defeated, the powder keg is about to explode.

But no, 2017 - 2020 wasn't "good ol' days". It was exceedingly volatile.

And now, here we are. On the precipice of recovering from a world wide pandemic, and we're still embroiled in fury against each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 02:00 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's not Biden doing this. It's people who have no desire, at all, to unify.

Our country, right now, is irreconcilable if there are those who would pay for billboards like that.

Does this make us look like a strong, dominant, invincible world power? No, it doesn't.

It makes us look like the injured lamb in the flock of sheep/other nations. And the wolves will come for us if we can't manage to be at least civil to each other.

It's like a married couple forced into counseling. If one actually doesn't WANT to reconcile, the efforts of the therapist and the other spouse aren't going to work. Because that one actually is enjoying the separation and discord.
Interesting comments considering you said that Trump supporters should be shunned.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Very unifying. How lovely, as we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of COVID and can get back on our feet.
The ones who were sharp enough to not fall for it have been back on their feet for a long time.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Interesting comments considering you said that all Trump supporters should be shunned.
I think people who can't get along with others, and can't keep their mouths shut without spouting divisive, hateful rhetoric at a backyard barbecue should be shunned. Yes.

And I still think that. People who purposely seek to offend should be shunned.

Interestingly, I heard a call on Dr. Laura yesterday where she said the same thing. The caller was hosting a party and wanted to be able to wear a "funny" political t-shirt but the host's sister thought it would be divisive and Dr. Laura wouldn't even allow her to tell what political side she was on, or what the shirt said, before shutting her down and saying people should be able to know they can come to her party without being made to feel unwelcome and laughed at.

Good job, Dr. L. Don't hit others over the head with your inflexible, divisive political beliefs at a social event.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:07 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Smart people know who the real dumb and dumber crowd are. Biden is not on that list.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The ones who were sharp enough to not fall for it have been back on their feet for a long time.
Except the dead ones, and the ones who are still on oxygen.

I wouldn't call them "not sharp" for being dead or having severe lung or heart damage.

The virus, thank GOD, is doing what the epidemiologists thought it would do in the beginning. They knew that COVID would beat us all to hell in the natural process of growing weaker and more easily spread. And the omicron variant is showing us they were right. About a 3 year cycle, that will take the Covid 19 virus down a path where it becomes less harmful but more easily spread. And we can all live with that, as an annoyance.

But while it was fresh and knew, and harmful, those who were sharp realized it wasn't the time to allow it to spread to everyone. It was the time to take what measures we could to limit the spread, while the virus naturally morphed and mutated and became weaker but more easily spread.

And now we're seeing the light at the end of that very long tunnel. No thanks to people who were laughing the whole time and purposely breathing all over each other when the virus was in the most harmful phase.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
It's not Biden doing this. It's people who have no desire, at all, to unify.

Our country, right now, is irreconcilable if there are those who would pay for billboards like that.

Does this make us look like a strong, dominant, invincible world power? No, it doesn't.

It makes us look like the injured lamb in the flock of sheep/other nations. And the wolves will come for us if we can't manage to be at least civil to each other.

It's like a married couple forced into counseling. If one actually doesn't WANT to reconcile, the efforts of the therapist and the other spouse aren't going to work. Because that one actually is enjoying the separation and discord.
Nah, Obuma started the divide and even spawned BLM. Hillary tried to continue the divide and still can’t figure out how she lost. Dems continued the divide by attacking because Trump as soon as Hillary lost, and Sleepy Joe has kept it going, although he promised unity.

Nah, the billboard is hilarious and extremely fitting. The approval ratings continue to plummet while they continue with their nonsense. Dems haven’t figured out what they’re doing isn’t working.

When a demented old man who hasn’t a clue what he’s doing gets voted in because folks with hurt feelings vote personal versus voting business, it certainly makes the country look weak.

Dems certainly don’t want to reconcile. They want to cram cancel culture, wokeness, etc…, down folks throats versus simply living life, learning from history, etc…

Much of the country has become weak. They let a big orange meanie who isn’t even POTUS consume their souls and cry about him everyday. Other countries deserve to laugh at us.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Smart people know who the real dumb and dumber crowd are. Biden is not on that list.
Sleepy Joe can’t remember, slurs his speech, falls up stairs, trips over the dog, falls asleep, needs a teleprompter, etc… Hes the definition of that billboard.

The “Smart people” don’t even know why their approval rating is tanking, why they’re going to get spanked in 2022, why their own party members are chanting Let’s go Brandon, etc…, lol.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:28 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,748,933 times
Quote:
The major division started, IMHO, with Obama's election to a second term.
Thanks for pointing this out. I've said this before and a lot of Obama supporters won't admit to it.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I think people who can't get along with others, and can't keep their mouths shut without spouting divisive, hateful rhetoric at a backyard barbecue should be shunned. Yes.

And I still think that. People who purposely seek to offend should be shunned.

Interestingly, I heard a call on Dr. Laura yesterday where she said the same thing. The caller was hosting a party and wanted to be able to wear a "funny" political t-shirt but the host's sister thought it would be divisive and Dr. Laura wouldn't even allow her to tell what political side she was on, or what the shirt said, before shutting her down and saying people should be able to know they can come to her party without being made to feel unwelcome and laughed at.

Good job, Dr. L. Don't hit others over the head with your inflexible, divisive political beliefs at a social event.
Folks should really take their own advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies