Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 02:35 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Nothing but advertisements, one after the other. I quit after about 30 seconds. Life's too short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 02:37 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Just one more booster... just one more jab... yep.... lights and tunnels... just one more...

"lights and tunnels... I hear dead relatives"

Old 12-07-2021, 02:39 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think people who can't get along with others, and can't keep their mouths shut without spouting divisive, hateful rhetoric at a backyard barbecue should be shunned. Yes.

And I still think that. People who purposely seek to offend should be shunned.
That’s not what you said. You weren’t discussing backyard barbecues. You said Trump supporters should be shunned from society.. You didn’t want to have them be in your country, or words to that effect. I’m sure I could find the exact posts if you need your memory jogged.

Honestly it’s your choice to be offended. Everyone has the First Amendment right to say hateful, harmful, offensive, divisive things. It’s un-American to say those people should be shunned. We should not be a nation of group think.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
That’s not what you said. You weren’t discussing backyard barbecues. You said Trump supporters should be shunned from society.. You didn’t want to have them be in your country, or words to that effect. I’m sure I could find the exact posts if you need your memory jogged.

Honestly it’s your choice to be offended. Everyone has the First Amendment right to say hateful, harmful, offensive, divisive things. It’s un-American to say those people should be shunned. We should not be a nation of group think.
Bingo

Interesting how those in glass houses cast such large stones…and because Trump

Old 12-07-2021, 03:50 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
I saw a big billboard and this was written on it.

Every Knee Shall Bow, Every Tongue Confess That Jesus Christ Is Lord

Even the democrats.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Folks should really take their own advice.
Hey, this is a POC forum, and everyone comes here to argue about politics.

I don't ever do this in my real life, in social situations. Ever. Because it's vulgar, and uncouth to spout political opinions that are divisive when not everyone comes to the barbecue to discuss politics.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:

I think I was talking about shunning them from neighborhood barbecues, actually. Then someone got their knickers in a twist and started something about they shouldn't all be fired, etc. which isn't what I said.

I said you should look down your street when you're planning a neighborhood barbecue and skip dropping invitations off at the houses with large TRUMP or MAGA signs.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:

No, it isn't my "choice" to be offended. And I'm kind of hard to offend - but when someone is TRYING to offend me, I notice it and react.

Everyone certainly has the right to say whatever they want, and if they are offensive, they're not coming to my barbecue or if I miss noticing who they are before inviting them, they'll be asked to leave.

No thanks on jerks for party guests.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:12 PM

10,119 posts, read 7,778,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
More of these should go up.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-k...consin-1656251

Comments in the article:

"One user wrote: "I drive by this regularly in southern Wisconsin. Makes me smile."

"Another added: "This billboard is needed everywhere from East to West coast."

While another wrote: "I disagree - clearly Biden is the dumb and Kamala is the dumber."

And another added: "Cool, I like to call them Sh**s and Giggles, but this works."
Love it! That's great and so true.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I've said this before and a lot of Obama supporters won't admit to it.
Why would Obama supporters have to "admit" that the big divide in our country happened when the right wing was pissed off that Obama again got a majority of the votes for a second term?

I would think the right wing would have to "admit" that. That they couldn't stand to see Obama get a second term, and now they'd rather see our country cut in half and dead (think King Solomon's baby dilemma) than continue on successfully under a democrat majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies