Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 11:15 AM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times

Advertisements

C'mon. Out of the entire Ukraine, only 3 western regions were, historically, "nationalist". To be honest, I had my spell of that too. And, to add to my credentials, I was born in Siberia, in family of truly persecuted person, who, in 1947, lost all of their possessions,. civil rights and were tossed out into Siberian permafrost and almost died there. So I had nationalism and hate to the USSR in my blood and my upbrnging. So maybe give me some credit, when I speak about Ukraine. Plus, 35 years of my life there, vs yours zero.
Anyhow. Out of three western states, not everyone is nationalist. You have rather a small group of people that, forgot massacres, done by OUN/UPA and Banderovcy. Forgot their collaboration with German Wermacht and SS division Nachtigal. Forgot Jewish pogroms. Yes, and this is coming from a nationalist by birth and by years of faith into it, until I sobered up out of it.
Nationalism is destructive to any country and, particularly, to such tormented people, as Slavs, or Slavinians. Who were one people, one culture, one language, now, torn apart and played like untuned fiddle by those, who seek personal gain and power from dividing us.
Everything you see and hear in mass media is a lie and, what you see and hear in mass media about Ukraine, is nothing but a lie and smoke screen for operation The Great Reset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 11:18 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
So in your narrative, the downfall of the bus factory has, as its root cause, the dismantling of the Soviet Union, followed by the corrupt practices of ex party and KGB figures.

Approved and supported by the US officialdom.

This is important to keep in mind.

Quote:
So I don't get why you are all saying that the US destroyed Ukraine's economy and the US is forcing it into an anti-Russia stance.

The US didn't force Ukraine into taking WTO loans. The US didn't force Bulgaria into joining the EU.
Once you cut Ukraine off of Russia, Ukraine needs to find other means to survive economy wise.

And that's how those loans become a must.

Quote:
The US embassy can't run the show in Ukraine unless Ukraine lets it.
Not "Ukraine," not "Ukraine" - but certain people within the government that are ready to sign all kind of deals with the US. ( That's why Nuland was so picky when choosing who exactly should be part of the new Ukrainian government after Maidan.)

Absolutely.

Same thing was with Russia.

These people are working hand in hand with Americans to implode their state, all while they are claiming that they are striving for *improvements,* and meanwhile stuffing their pockets in those clandestine deals.

Quote:
BTW, a perfect example of corrupt "ex party and KGB figures" - Vladimir Putin.
... who received the unlimited power from America's darling Yeltsin, that concentrated all this power in his hands, with US blessing.

BTW Yeltsin was not a lesser crook than Putin ( just more of a simpleton,) but this didn't bother American government back then.
Let's pose and ask a question - why?

Last edited by erasure; 01-02-2022 at 12:07 PM..

Old 01-02-2022, 03:54 PM

477 posts, read 336,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Not "Ukraine," not "Ukraine" - but certain people within the government that are ready to sign all kind of deals with the US. ( That's why Nuland was so picky when choosing who exactly should be part of the new Ukrainian government after Maidan.)
And this nice lady was happy to hand out cookies to protesters on Maidan in 2014.
I’m just trying to imagine: what if any of the Russian officials were handing out cookies to protesters on the streets of American cities during the "summer of love”. I’m sure that such people would be detained and deported from US within 24 hours.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:44 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
We will find out soon enough if Putin is going to invade Ukraine.

Once we get past the Christmas holidays, the Germans start running out of natural gas, and before spring breakup. January 14th isn't that far off and Putin might give it a week or two more.

Putin isn't going to **** off the church by going to war during the holidays. The Germans will be much more agreeable to a Ukraine dominated by Russia once their heat and electricity is turned off.

It is about geo-politics. And Ukraine is tied to Russia for thousands of years. Good, bad or indifferent it is what it is.

Biden might cut a deal with Putin, giving Ukraine to Russia under the table. My guess is that is a pretty high probability of happening.

Otherwise, Putin will move before spring breakup.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am not sure why Scrat posted this particular video at this point. Because it were regular border troops, not the nationalist squads ( or so the explanation says.)

Probably because he wanted to point at the general mindset there now ( in Ukraine.)
So I don't care to discuss the "migrant" issue.

You asked me what's bad about supporting the Nationalists in Ukraine, and I think I explained it quite well with that Time's video. It has the international approach to it, ( because by now the problem is evident on a larger scale,) however on the LOCAL level it's as bad. These are the people that are running the country behind the scene.
It seems the Ukr SBU has troops on the border at various points. They're recruited from the ranks of the nationalists, the extremists. Not many in number but there none the less. Special action squads. They're used in certain situations and are above military law.

These types constitute the creme de la creme of the Ukrainian forces. For what it's worth.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
We will find out soon enough if Putin is going to invade Ukraine.

Once we get past the Christmas holidays, the Germans start running out of natural gas, and before spring breakup. January 14th isn't that far off and Putin might give it a week or two more.

Putin isn't going to **** off the church by going to war during the holidays. The Germans will be much more agreeable to a Ukraine dominated by Russia once their heat and electricity is turned off.

It is about geo-politics. And Ukraine is tied to Russia for thousands of years. Good, bad or indifferent it is what it is.

Biden might cut a deal with Putin, giving Ukraine to Russia under the table. My guess is that is a pretty high probability of happening.

Otherwise, Putin will move before spring breakup.
There have been reports of dozens of T-72-B3 tanks in the Rostov area fitted with cage armor above their turrets. This is meant to defeat top attack weapons like the Javelin missile. The Syrians put it to widespread use.

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/modern/syria/t-72_mahmia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74xDad_lys

This is another sign of preparations. Russia has had months to prepare logistically for a major offensive. If they are going to go it has to be soon because any later than March and the spring Rasputitsa when mobile warfare becomes much harder.

I'd keep and eye on the weather and look for a repeat of operation Uranus. It started in some of the worst weather imaginable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies