Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 05:57 PM

30,418 posts, read 21,228,470 times

Advertisements

I know enough duff we need to stay out of it. We are country breakers and lose every war. Bush 1 and 2's three failed wars were enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 06:20 PM

2,502 posts, read 1,294,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
OK Democrats, maybe you can answer a question for me. Just why would Joe Biden do more to protect Ukraine from an invasion from Russia-when he refuses do lift a finger to stop the invasion of this country across our southern border.
They need boogeymen for both cases.

The Ukraine is a failed country. The current Ukrainian government destroys its economy and sells everything valuable to foreign billionaires. When Ukrainians ask why they got extremely poor, it's, of course, the Russians' fault.

When Americans ask why their jobs disappear, it's, of course, the Southerners' fault.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:51 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Sorry, not good enough. You wrote a lot here but you missed the point. I'm not sure what you are arguing. I get the feeling you know much about this subject and feel very passionately about it. I'm guessing you might be a native of the former USSR or Warsaw Pact country because of your passion. My point is this. I simply stated that:

Everything you stated agrees with that.

Let's try again;

"Brzezinski, who was born in Poland, in fact acted as the lead political advisor on foreign affairs to President Obama during his 2008 campaign and is still unofficially advising him on foreign policy today."

So yes, in fact Brzezinski was advising Obama on foreign affairs, and thus his doctrine on Ukraine including was part of Obama's foreign policies.

You made it sound as Brzezinski was irrelevant to Obama, which was not the case.

And yes, I am a native of the former USSR, therefore I looked closely into the whole Ukrainian ordeal, and what I discovered was unsettling to say the least.

Just to give you a taste of it - this is the "new democratic regime" in Kiev entering the Eastern Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXrcxCP9mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6VRyXheGw

And this is not the worst I saw, all while listening the reports of Western media about the "progress, freedom" and whatever else this American puppet regime was bringing to Ukraine.

So what would YOU feel under the circumstances?

Old 12-08-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The American people have never wished ill will on the people of Russia. We have always felt pity for them during the horrible years under the USSR. We also felt pity for them as they tried to make their country work after the break up, when the corrupt were busy stealing everyone blind.

I don't argue with that, so then it becomes the question of the well-rounded information, which is usually sorely lacking, because the media is willing to go only that far.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
The US Neocons want a confrontation with Russia via the Ukrainian proxy. The are crazy people amongst those NCs and a very well to do Ukrainian diaspora seeking to gain also.

Look at this,

https://www.c-span.org/video/?516513...-policy-russia

In Riga Latvia just last week a group of Ukrainian Oligarchs had a big meeting, US representatives were there. What was discussed isn't out yet but I think they may be worried or pissed off that nothing has happened yet. In a war in the Ukraine who stands to benefit? Who stands to lose?

All I can see is the Ukrainian populace east of the Dneipre river are not up in arms about an invasion. They are said to be praying for one.

I suspect there is also a lot of corrupt money going through Ukraine also. Every time the IMF or US government releases money to Ukraine the actors in the shadows get a cut. These people no longer have Afghanistan to exploit, they need Ukraine more than ever.

Another certain thing is that if Russia attacks, the Ukrainians mercenaries won't stand a chance and I think the Ukrainian regular army will join the Russians.

Old 12-08-2021, 10:02 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Let's try again;

"Brzezinski, who was born in Poland, in fact acted as the lead political advisor on foreign affairs to President Obama during his 2008 campaign and is still unofficially advising him on foreign policy today."

So yes, in fact Brzezinski was advising Obama on foreign affairs, and thus his doctrine on Ukraine including was part of Obama's foreign policies.

You made it sound as Brzezinski was irrelevant to Obama, which was not the case.

And yes, I am a native of the former USSR, therefore I looked closely into the whole Ukrainian ordeal, and what I discovered was unsettling to say the least.

Just to give you a taste of it - this is the "new democratic regime" in Kiev entering the Eastern Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXrcxCP9mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6VRyXheGw

We are still not communicating. My point was that Brzezinski was National Security Advisor in the Carter administration and never held any official position in the Obama administration.

And this is not the worst I saw, all while listening the reports of Western media about the "progress, freedom" and whatever else this American puppet regime was bringing to Ukraine.

So what would YOU feel under the circumstances?
I can only guess what is in those videos, so I have no opinion.

Old 12-08-2021, 10:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Do some research I would suggest. The guys in green doing the shooting are members of a militia battalion called Azov Battalion. They were sent to this city called Mariupol in order to stamp out the dissent of the people living there.

None of the things that happened there had to happen.

Look into Kristina and Kira Juk. It's heartbreaking.

You have to look into the minds behind this. They're not right.

https://youtu.be/xITopRyqyYc

Old 12-08-2021, 10:25 PM

24,605 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It isn't. We need to make sure he understands the american people will revolt if he tries to go to war over it.
I thought revolting was treason and insurrection? Make up your mind liberals.

America is, and has been at war for decades. Freedom isn’t free.

Old 12-08-2021, 11:53 PM

Quote:

Of course unlike you, I understand the dynamics of the events there much better, since I understand the language; people screaming "get out of here, fascists," the shelling of the ambulance that was trying to pick up the wounded, someone's doubts whether the Ukrainian troops were using the real bullets while shooting at civilians and so on.

But let me make it easier for you;

This is the ultimate map of events from 2014.

As you can see, only Western part of the country was revolting against the democratically elected president, while the Eastern part that voted him basically in, had no part in these protests.

Yet according to American propaganda, "Ukrainian people were looking for better future and looking forward to join European Union, after they deposed dictator Yanukovich." Or something within these lines.

While in reality, only SOME Ukrainian people were supporting this change - sure.

Meanwhile OTHER Ukrainian people came out in the protest against this coup d'etat in Kiev, exercising THEIR RIGHT to choose their government and their future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFmRzvZ8MS0

But they were immediately dubbed as "fake," the deplorables, "Putin bots" by the Western media.
And when the new president handpicked by Americans ( an oligarch by the way,) unleashed the war on them ( literally shooting and bombing them,) and called it some "anti-terrorist operation," the Western media gladly carried on with this latest piece of propaganda, screaming about the "war with Russia" on every corner now.

I haven't seen anything so screwy, such blatant lies promoted by the West ( US in particular) before, and obviously I did my part to expose these lies in the absence of decent journalism.

And of course I pointed at both sides - at Putin who betrayed these people, while they were counting on his help, and Americans that were lying through their teeth about the real situation in Ukraine. And why?
Because it simply served their purpose.

Last edited by erasure; 12-09-2021 at 12:06 AM..

Old 12-09-2021, 01:17 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,277 times
U.S. is trying to guard the borders of important countries that come away with lots of nuclear weapons. Now that they've pulled all of the troops out of Afghanistan, U.S. still have more countries to border guard that territory. U.S has several locations in the Pacific Ocean they have a military base on. Strategic locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies