Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 04:25 PM

14,276 posts, read 4,646,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Did she know who he was at this point?
Yes

https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/1...daunte-wright/

Quote:
In the squad car, Potter and Luckey learned there was a warrant for Wright’s arrest for failing to appear on a gross misdemeanor weapons violation. So they and Sgt. Mike Johnson, who had arrived on scene, returned to the car to arrest Wright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 04:26 PM

29,543 posts, read 22,858,906 times
I'm not surprised at all.

The jury either finds the defendant guilty, or risk being doxxed, threatened, and worse for acquitting.

This is the reality of the times we live in now.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:27 PM

8,395 posts, read 3,581,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I didn't follow it very closely, but I am surprised they found her guilty. Like others, I expected a hung jury. I don't think she meant to fire her gun at the gentlemen.
He was definitely not a gentleman.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:29 PM

4,423 posts, read 2,980,277 times
If I was a cop I would immediately resign. It’s the only career where you can go to jail for making a mistake and have to deal with the scum of society everyday all while risking your life. The only reason anyone even knows about this case is because of the race of the “victim”.

Meanwhile violent crime is still at record levels all around America and the left can’t figure out why. The silent majority is watching and it will be a republican sweep next elections

Last edited by Berteau; 12-23-2021 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-23-2021, 04:32 PM

25,898 posts, read 16,621,443 times
The cops should go on strike after this..all of them.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:35 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,054,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Legally it's fairly clear she's guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The whole situation though is a tragedy.

Legally, state statues allow for Deadly use of force when a perp resist arrest with violence.

Did you know that???

(probably not)

Old 12-23-2021, 04:37 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,054,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm not surprised at all.

The jury either finds the defendant guilty, or risk being doxxed, threatened, and worse for acquitting.

This is the reality of the times we live in now.

Cowards should not be allowed to serve on a Jury...nor should they be allowed a position of Judgeship.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:37 PM

8,395 posts, read 3,581,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I believe her when she says it was a mistake. Having said this, she took a life so there is a price to pay. You don't get to walk away when you take a innocent persons life. If any of you were to kill a cop by mistake you would be facing a hell of alot more than 7 years. Accountable seems to be foreign word to many here.
He was not innocent. He was resisting arrest and committing other crimes and had an active warrant out for his arrest. There's even a man that is paralyzed from the neck down because of him and he served no consequences for it. He was a violent thug.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:39 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,770,581 times
She made a MISTAKE. I will bet my last dollar that you judgmental folk have never had your adrenaline level anywhere near what that poor police officer was experiencing. Had the POS simply complied this would never have happened. He had an active warrant!
You people want to "defund the police". I wish you the very best of luck in finding anyone in his/her right mind who would ever want to become a police officer in your state. That prosecution team made it loud and clear that anyone who would apply for a law enforcement position in the state of Minnesota (where I will NEVER spend on red cent) is totally insane.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:40 PM

15,743 posts, read 9,597,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
He was not innocent. He was resisting arrest and committing other crimes and had an active warrant out for his arrest. There's even a man that is paralyzed from the neck down because of him and he served no consequences for it. He was a violent thug.
Who said he was innocent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies