Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 07:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Going from homeless to a successful business man, the "perks" associated with that are absolutely God given.
I consider every good thing that has happened to me is because I reached out to the Lord for help, and that cry for help pleased him.
To quote an earlier post "There are none so blind as those that will no see".

Corvette, nice house, successful business, good health, these are all gifts to me from the Almighty.
I have been on both sides of the spectrum, and I'LL take my current side over what use to be.
Obviously something changed in my life.
In my earlier days, I was filed with hate ,bigotry, and sin, and I would have killed you, and never give it a second thought.
The day I reached out to the Lord for guidance and renewal, I changed overnight.
Opportunities opened in front of me that were never there before, and I took advantages of them.
The Lord guided me every step of the way.
I will share just one example.

After moving into my house, I decided I wanted to build a raised deck on the back of the house.
My carpenter experience was limited to installing a door, or maybe putting in floor molding.
I was determined to build this deck, and without any knowledge of how to proceed, I began this daunting task.
The work flowed as though I had built decks all my life.
It took about a week to complete, and when I finished, I thanked the Lord for his help, because I knew I could never have done this on my own.
The Lord instilled the knowledge and stamina needed to build this deck, and a year or so later, I installed a hot tub sunken into the deck, which again, was something I knew nothing about, when it came to framing, and installation of the hot tub.
You can believe as you will, but I know for sure the Lord thinks I am pretty special.

I added a few pictures of the deck.
For someone who never built before, I and many others think it looks very good.
I'm happy for you, but attributing the lord for your Corvette was beneath both him and yourself. A truly devout Christian would know this.

Nice deck though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 08:00 PM

8,575 posts, read 10,997,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm happy for you but attributing the lord for your Corvette was beneath both him and yourself. A truly devout Christian would know this.

Nice deck though.
It isn't as though I woke one morning and saw the Corvette parked in my driveway.
The Lord presented me with the opportunities which enabled me to finally afford a Corvette, and those opportunities were a gift.
Some people go through life never knowing when opportunity avails itself, of the means to act on opportunity.
That was how I spent my younger years, never knowing, never caring.
When I approached the Lord asking for help, he answered, and my life completely changed.

Unless you, or anyone has been in a situation where you were constantly at your lowest point, it would be hard for you to understand the dramatic turn around.
Going from nothing, to a sensational life(as I have now), could only come from one source, and that source is God Almighty.

Do I worry about getting covid?
Not in the slightest.
I have, and continue to be spared from this terrible virus, and I know it is because I asked the Lord to protect and spare me.

One would ask, of the billions of people on this earth, how is it you have this heaven sent order of protection?

I do not think I am the only one being spared, or protected.
I am sure there are many, many others, and perhaps we have something in common, we all asked the Lord for protection, and gave of ourselves to the truth that the Lord is our savior, and salvation.
When the time comes for others to realize that, they too will be saved.
Just for reference, my relationship with my God is a special one that is totally between he and I.
I belong to no religious group, I don't attend any church, and for sure do not believe what is written in the Bible.
My beliefs and devotion to God are above all that,
The Lord has taught me the right ways, so I do not need any human intervention to guide me with their false prophecies.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:07 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,868,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think it's sad/amusing that people in the Biden administration think that these types of campaigns are effective. What a waste of money. The opinion of the Jonas Brothers, McDonald's, Joe Biden, and even Donald Trump aren't ever going to impact decisions that I make about my health and my body.

The Jonas Brothers PSA was Peak Stupidity in the Biden era, and that is saying A LOT.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:22 PM

16,114 posts, read 10,779,224 times
Quote:
I can shut the tv and radio off, but what about all the ads out in public, like billboards, ads on the sides of busses, in shop windows etc?
They can't be ignored.
They are right in your face 24/7
No one really cares whether you like the messages or not. If they convince a few more folks to take positive action to protect themselves from COVID, then great. You DO have control over your TV and radio. Ask God to turn them off if you can't. If God can't then ask your unicorn. Perhaps God puts those messages 'right in your face' for a reason. I actually haven't seen that many, but I'm vaxed and boosted so maybe they are not in my face as much.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:16 PM

22,485 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well, worry is the word you introduced by suggesting I should worry. Please make up your mind.

The "fear" being shown is by all the Chicken Little's on here crying about some gubmn't conspiracy that's out to get them?

Saw the legs off your beds, you'll be fine.

The word "worry" for some reason, triggers you. Excuse me. It's more like you're terrified and this isn't even your country. Bless your heart.

Your time would be best spent by being concerned as to what your own government is doing.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:36 AM

1,014 posts, read 481,099 times
Default I am so sick and tired.

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so sick of seeing these psa'a on every television channel practically demanding people get vaccinated for covid.
It is as though people can't make a decision on their own, without the gestapo stepping in and declaring we should get vaccinated.
Well, I have news for anybody telling me to get vaccinated.
I put my trust in the Lord Almighty to protect me from getting this virus ,and my devotion to his never ending love for me, has not failed me yet.

The Lord has taken pretty good care of me for 83 years, and I have no reason to believe that will change.

My health could be compared with that of someone in their mid forties.
I am extremely active, and live sensibly.
How many people do you know at 83, or even 70"s that have a constant blood pressure reading of 122 over 78?
I firmly believe the Almighty has played an important role in my good health in my late years.
I did suffer a small infraction in the capillaries in my brain a few years ago, but that was due to diet, and since that time, I have altered my eating habits, to the point I am fine today.

Those of you who suggest all people should get vaccinated against this covid, would do well to suggest to the unvaccinated, they look to a higher power to protect them, instead of some medical "crap shoot".

I am living proof that something much larger than all of us is in command, and only needs for people to reach out and ask for protection.
Congratulations. I'm happy that you have good health. And in Los Angeles too. Where there are lots of smog and pollution. That is a challenge on anyone to do so. I hope you the best. And "live well and prosperous." Peace

Old 12-23-2021, 02:22 PM

8,575 posts, read 10,997,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Congratulations. I'm happy that you have good health. And in Los Angeles too. Where there are lots of smog and pollution. That is a challenge on anyone to do so. I hope you the best. And "live well and prosperous." Peace
Thank you for your kind words.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,941,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
How do you know what the party is of who was vaccinated? No one asked me when I was vaccinated what party I belonged to? This is BS.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:14 PM

4,035 posts, read 2,723,020 times
Quote:
It isn't as though I woke one morning and saw the Corvette parked in my driveway.
The Lord presented me with the opportunities which enabled me to finally afford a Corvette, and those opportunities were a gift.
Some people go through life never knowing when opportunity avails itself, of the means to act on opportunity.
That was how I spent my younger years, never knowing, never caring.
When I approached the Lord asking for help, he answered, and my life completely changed.

Unless you, or anyone has been in a situation where you were constantly at your lowest point, it would be hard for you to understand the dramatic turn around.
Going from nothing, to a sensational life(as I have now), could only come from one source, and that source is God Almighty.

Do I worry about getting covid?
Not in the slightest.
I have, and continue to be spared from this terrible virus, and I know it is because I asked the Lord to protect and spare me.

One would ask, of the billions of people on this earth, how is it you have this heaven sent order of protection?

I do not think I am the only one being spared, or protected.
I am sure there are many, many others, and perhaps we have something in common, we all asked the Lord for protection, and gave of ourselves to the truth that the Lord is our savior, and salvation.
When the time comes for others to realize that, they too will be saved.
Just for reference, my relationship with my God is a special one that is totally between he and I.
I belong to no religious group, I don't attend any church, and for sure do not believe what is written in the Bible.
My beliefs and devotion to God are above all that,
The Lord has taught me the right ways, so I do not need any human intervention to guide me with their false prophecies.

So two questions:

1.) If you do get COVID, does this mean God doesn't favor you anymore?

2.) Also, if you get COVID, will you presume God meant for you to get it, and forego hospital treatment?

Old 12-23-2021, 03:18 PM

4,035 posts, read 2,723,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
No one really cares whether you like the messages or not. If they convince a few more folks to take positive action to protect themselves from COVID, then great. You DO have control over your TV and radio. Ask God to turn them off if you can't. If God can't then ask your unicorn. Perhaps God puts those messages 'right in your face' for a reason. I actually haven't seen that many, but I'm vaxed and boosted so maybe they are not in my face as much.

I just got back from yet another doctor's appointment. Every one I go to, I'm running into medical staff that are tired, burnt out, and worried. I'm the patient, and I've been consoling *them*.

People need to get the shot, and give these people a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies