Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 11:03 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That's correct, just don't make taxpayers fund it.

I don't expect the poor to shop at Whole Foods instead of Popeyes, or to read books on philosophy instead of watching Netflix, or to take online college courses instead of playing video games and posting on Tik Tok, or to wear payless shoes instead of $300 Nikes, or to eat salads instead of chain smoking, but stop making taxpayers fund this lifestyle.
You missed a few stereotypes, but otherwise your list is pretty comprehensive.

Tell us you hate black people without saying you hate black people.

Poverty in this country isn't defined by a race, or even a political party. If you look really closely at threads right here on CD's POC forum, you'll see plenty of poor white conservatives complaining about poor minority liberals. The difference is, the poor conservative whites believe they are in the class of their gods, as if they are rubbing elbows with Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Mark Zuckerberg, when in fact they are living a humble working class life themselves.

Truly affluent people don't concern themselves about what poor inner city youth are wearing on their feet, whether the poors eat salads or Popeye's, whether they voted Biden or Trump. And the truly wealthy are way too busy counting their money than to be squabbling with other anonymous folks on City Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 02:15 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Which happens how often on any given day?

Back in the 90's shopping in a mall at Christmas a store clerk talked of that kind of 'raid' on a store. A bunch of people would storm, grab and run.

It still happens.

Criminals, thieves have always existed.
Yes, ture, I was making a comparison between people who game the welfare system, vs the looters who flash mob/steal/loot/burn/arson.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:19 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
is that why poverty stats are so improved in the last quarter?
I'm not aware of any particular stats by any particular group, though stats can be flavored by a personal agenda.

however, it is a fact that there are flash mobs, robberies, loottings, inflation, horrid politicians, people who game the welfare system, people who are idiots whether by choice or it gets them some reward, cancel culture, government giving out handouts when people ought to be working; etc.

People are starving in places around the world and drinking brown water because thats all they have. so poverty is still strong around the world.

poverty is still in the poor neighborhoods, nothing has changed. chicago has an idiot mayor who is ignorant and impotent but this she is the T.

I dont know what else to say about it.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:20 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You missed a few stereotypes, but otherwise your list is pretty comprehensive.

Ironic assumption since the poster is black.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,808,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
That doesn't mean she can't hate blacks...

Old 12-22-2021, 02:51 PM

24,601 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Tell us you don’t know that I’m black without saying you don’t know I’m black.

I have posted my black skin on this site countless times.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How do you know how all poor people think?
Because I was poor.

I know, a black person who was poor, what a crazy concept.

I encourage you to read a book called “Life at the Bottom: The Worldview That Makes the Underclass” by Theodore Dalrymple and you’ll find out how the poor think.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1566635055...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Old 12-22-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Tell us you don’t know that I’m black without saying you don’t know I’m black.

I have posted my black skin on this site countless times.
I know you are black, and I knew before I posted. I can read. Doesn't change my point.

Old 12-22-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
You cut out more than half of my quoted post, only to make a point that means nothing. Nothing ironic about how foolish you look.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I know you are black, and I knew before I posted. I can read. Doesn't change my point.
Your point is absurd. How can I hate black people if I'm black? What part of post #221 mentioned anything about black people?

Please learn the difference between race and social class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies