Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 06:23 AM

585 posts, read 501,363 times

Advertisements

I’m not anti vax but I had Covid a year ago in Nov and decided I didn’t want the vaccine yet. I’m just nervous to get it because several people I know had ailments that were exasperated after the second shot and or the booster. I’ve known many people to have Covid and feel pretty miserable even after being vaccinated and having a booster. My one friend got it at a wedding as did many others. It was a vaccinated only event. She recently had the booster and has Covid again. Last night I went to relatives house for Christmas Eve. On the way home my throat all of a sudden started to hurt. Like it felt swollen when I swallowed. I was hoping it was a false alarm like it usually is when I feel like I’m coming down with something. Went to bed around 10 and around 12 woke up feeling achy, throat hurting and nose completely stuffed up. Took Tylenol which took and hour to kick in. Usually only takes a half hour but I’ll chalk that up to all the crap I ate last night. Was crying and my husband seemed annoyed. Feel back asleep a few times but kept waking up gasping for air since my nose was blocked and mouth so dry. It’s been 7 hours since I took Tylenol and my throat is better but I’m still achy and stuffed up. I sound like I have a frog in my throat when I talk. Afraid to take my temp. I just don’t want to know. I feel so guilty now. I could have infected many people. I didn’t test yet for Covid but what else could it be? I had antibodies as of a few months ago but I just can’t imagine it being a cold or flu or another virus. My husband co worker was diagnosed with Covid a week ago but he works in a different office and only comes in once a day. My dr even said the chances of getting it twice are rare.

When I had Covid a year ago I didn’t get a cough and my taste and smell was only altered from my nose being stuffed up (like it is now) but the 99-101 temp lasted 11 days. And I got exhausted just doing normal things like showering or laundry. Exercising took about a month to feel like I was back to normal. I can’t go through that again. If I make it that is. I’m 47 and have some comorbitities.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:33 AM

1,814 posts, read 929,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’m not anti vax but I had Covid a year ago in Nov and decided I didn’t want the vaccine yet. I’m just nervous to get it because several people I know had ailments that were exasperated after the second shot and or the booster. I’ve known many people to have Covid and feel pretty miserable even after being vaccinated and having a booster. My one friend got it at a wedding as did many others. It was a vaccinated only event. She recently had the booster and has Covid again. Last night I went to relatives house for Christmas Eve. On the way home my throat all of a sudden started to hurt. Like it felt swollen when I swallowed. I was hoping it was a false alarm like it usually is when I feel like I’m coming down with something. Went to bed around 10 and around 12 woke up feeling achy, throat hurting and nose completely stuffed up. Took Tylenol which took and hour to kick in. Usually only takes a half hour but I’ll chalk that up to all the crap I ate last night. Was crying and my husband seemed annoyed. Feel back asleep a few times but kept waking up gasping for air since my nose was blocked and mouth so dry. It’s been 7 hours since I took Tylenol and my throat is better but I’m still achy and stuffed up. I sound like I have a frog in my throat when I talk. Afraid to take my temp. I just don’t want to know. I feel so guilty now. I could have infected many people. I didn’t test yet for Covid but what else could it be? I had antibodies as of a few months ago but I just can’t imagine it being a cold or flu or another virus. My husband co worker was diagnosed with Covid a week ago but he works in a different office and only comes in once a day. My dr even said the chances of getting it twice are rare.

When I had Covid a year ago I didn’t get a cough and my taste and smell was only altered from my nose being stuffed up (like it is now) but the 99-101 temp lasted 11 days. And I got exhausted just doing normal things like showering or laundry. Exercising took about a month to feel like I was back to normal. I can’t go through that again. If I make it that is. I’m 47 and have some comorbitities.
Your natural immunity is far stronger then this faux vaccine. Get out and start exercising and living life.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:52 AM

1,866 posts, read 945,016 times
Is it Karma if you get Covid and not vaccinated?

No.

It just means your Vitamin-D levels are low and your immune system isn't as strong as it should be.
Take Vitamin-C, Zinc, Iodine, Fish Oil, and Vitamin-D.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:56 AM

5,620 posts, read 2,357,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My dr even said the chances of getting it twice are rare.

I bet your Dr told you that prior to Omicron, which seems to reinfect at a higher rate.

Your symptoms do match Omicron, which only 1/2 the people end up getting a fever but sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, headache, body aches and fatigue are the more common Omicrom variant symptoms. Some have a cough and some don't with Omicron.

The good news is Omicron seems to be less severe that prior variants but this doesn't mean it's this way for everyone. Hoping that your antibodies from prior Covid will also make it less severe (if you have Covid now).

There are now 2 new prescription pills approved for Covid. If you test positive you can contact your doctor about getting an Rx for those pills if you are concerned about it getting worse.

Sending positive thoughts that it's not Covid. Or if it is Covid, that it's mild and you get better quickly and that you didn't infect family members that are elderly and/or with comorbidities that are unvax'd or unboosted.

You should contact your relatives that you saw yesterday to tell them of your condition so they take precautions immediately(isolate, mask, test).

Contact your doctor for any needed guidance.

Last edited by Variable; 12-25-2021 at 07:10 AM..

Old 12-25-2021, 06:58 AM

18,570 posts, read 15,729,770 times
Yes, it is Karma, in the original meaning of that term (see here):

https://ideapod.com/heres-great-expl...-improve-life/

Old 12-25-2021, 07:02 AM

20,319 posts, read 21,188,667 times
No. It’s karma if you’re an anti antivaxxer who wishes bad things on those who are not vaxxed.
When YOU get the covid and possibly kick off, that, is karma. For being a butthole.
When you get your jolly’s off seeing people’s lives destroyed for not taking the shot and then YOU get the covid, that is karma. For being a butthole. Don’t be a butthole.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:31 AM

5,088 posts, read 2,221,605 times
Is it Karma that all of these vaxed people are getting covid and other things and those not vaxed are not?

Old 12-25-2021, 07:37 AM

20,319 posts, read 21,188,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Is it Karma that all of these vaxed people are getting covid and other things and those not vaxed are not?
In fairness, unvaxxed are catching the same covids, difference is, they are dodging the side effects bullet.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:45 AM

2,047 posts, read 877,253 times
It’s a virus, it doesn’t do karma. It just wants a host. If you’ve already had the virus, you have immunity much stronger and much better than any vaccine can give you. Scientists are now theorizing that that immunity may last a lifetime. Especially on some level preventing severe infection from any variant in the future. The vaccines will never do that. So my advice original poster is to forget about Covid and move on with your life. You do what you feel is best for you and what your doctor advise you to do but if I were in your shoes I would never get the vaccine if I had natural immunity.

Old 12-25-2021, 08:04 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,200,912 times
I don't believe in Karma, God's plan, etc....fate.

I believe in a chaotic life where stuff happens to people. Some of us dodge some bullets, others aren't so lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies