Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2021, 07:17 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,064,119 times

Advertisements

How much CO2 is released into the atmosphere every year. Both man made and natural. How much can we prevent. I think very little and this is just another feel good scam that will benefit someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 07:21 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,155,727 times
Follow the money.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:21 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,516,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Decreasing CO2 in the atmosphere won't make a difference, did you know that CO2 and other greenhouse gases trap heat. So business as usual and bury your head in the sand. Granted we are way behind but people like yourself are claiming this is just a natural event.

Sure Bangladesh is going to just adapt, prepare yourself for some more climate refugees from the poorer countries.
you are not getting the point...the blunt truth...the ground truth

you could send us back to the stone age... and kill 80% of the worlds population, and you will not CHANGE the path of natural climate change

the climate changes...it swings back and forth from glacial (ice ages) periods to interglacial (warm) periods... the last glacial period peaked/ended about 18,000 years ago..we have been warming since...its not a smooth warming...there are decades/scores/centuries that the warming is flat...there are decades/scores/centuries that the warming is fast.... there are even decade/scores/centuries that it is slightly cooler like the little ice age (which was NOT a glacial period, but a very small period within an interglacial period that it cooled slightly

as the natural warming happens... guess what, it releases co2 from the oceans..from the melting ice..and from the land with decomposed foliage that was trapped by the ice

yes some countries might have a problem with the sea-level that may rise... but remember the tectonic plates are in constant flux, and are floating so many areas might not even feel an effect.... an example would be the tower of London...built 1000 years ago at sea level...guess what it has NOT gone under water..... or did they not teach you about tectonic plates in 9th grade earth science??

you want to be a good custodian of this fine earth... go ahead and buy an electric car... or better yet just buy a bicycle... but understand that while buying an electric car may be a fine gesture, it is made of PLASTIC, which is made from crude oil, and the carbon footprint is huge...also the battery (both lead acid and lithium) are MAJOR TOXIC dangers to the earth... but its a fine (abet useless) gesture, that is putting money in the pockets of "certain" people

Old 12-29-2021, 10:09 PM

11,622 posts, read 6,078,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How much CO2 is released into the atmosphere every year. Both man made and natural. How much can we prevent. I think very little and this is just another feel good scam that will benefit someone.
I can no longer find the proportion or sources (million tons or whatnot) of CO2 generated each year, ever since Google changed their algorhithms to bury information that goes against the Democrat Party agenda, but my recollection is that the vast majority of CO2 released each year comes from ocean warming. My recollection is that man is responsible for 4% of the CO2 released into the atmospher each year, but don't quote me on that.

Because Google has buried the information, I can't recall how much natural CO2 production comes from evaporation/transpiration from ocean warming, decomposing vegetation, volcanic eruptions, wild fires, biomass (all of the world's non farm animals).

My recollection is that man contributes 4% and ocean warming is the vast majority, like 75-80%, but don't quote me on that. I really wish Google didn't bury that information to advance their agenda.

Cool factoid: termites are responsible for 2% of all CO2 released into the atmosphere each year.

The point is, ocean warming releases many multiple times CO2 into the atmosphere tha man does.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 12-29-2021 at 10:20 PM..

Old 12-29-2021, 10:21 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,393,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
There's no way any sane, rational and logical human being can deny human-caused climate change after the many extreme weather events in 2021:
  • Extreme "rain bomb" KILLS New Yorkers in their basement flats
  • Extreme tornado KILLS Kentuckians in DECEMBER
  • Record drought all over the West
  • Record massive wildfires
  • British Columbia sets all time high record of 121 F. On that day it was hotter there than in Death Valley.
  • Texas deep freeze, due to massive heat dome over the North Pole that pushed cold air south, shuts down the power grid

The Year in Climate (good summary from ABC News)

How many more people have to die and how many more people have to lose their homes before we finally unite and agree that climate change is a very serious threat to all of us?
First, no amount of this stuff can "prove" there is climate change.

Second, there's no need to "prove" climate change. The climate is always changing.

Third, so what? You can't prove humans are causing it, but even if you did there would be no way to stop it.

So knock it off.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA
I never said anything about the world ending. All I said was 2021 was a year full of extreme record events that illustrate that man-made climate change is right here, right now, causing billions of dollars in damage and it is killing people. Those are the cold hard facts.
You're begging the question. Nothing can illustrate AGW until you prove there is such a phenomenon.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I have no credibility -- and neither do you -- because we are not climate scientists.
On climate change I do my best to give links or citations to credible sources.
You just contradicted yourself. The fact that we are not climate scientists means that there are no credible sources. Only a climate scientist can judge the credibility of a source.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:33 PM

1,430 posts, read 731,651 times
Raise Gas prices and continue to punish the average American over a major problem that's primarily thanks to China and the Middle East. That should stop Global Warming.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:41 PM

Quote:
So Kodiak Alaska went from record cold in November to record heat in December.

This is exactly what climate scientists predicted: more extreme weather -- hot, cold, wet, or dry -- more often.
Tell it to China.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:51 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,064,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I can no longer find the proportion or sources (million tons or whatnot) of CO2 generated each year, ever since Google changed their algorhithms to bury information that goes against the Democrat Party agenda, but my recollection is that the vast majority of CO2 released each year comes from ocean warming. My recollection is that man is responsible for 4% of the CO2 released into the atmospher each year, but don't quote me on that.

Because Google has buried the information, I can't recall how much natural CO2 production comes from evaporation/transpiration from ocean warming, decomposing vegetation, volcanic eruptions, wild fires, biomass (all of the world's non farm animals).

My recollection is that man contributes 4% and ocean warming is the vast majority, like 75-80%, but don't quote me on that. I really wish Google didn't bury that information to advance their agenda.

Cool factoid: termites are responsible for 2% of all CO2 released into the atmosphere each year.

The point is, ocean warming releases many multiple times CO2 into the atmosphere tha man does.
I have also been unable to find the number for man made plus natural. I am sure it is available but not easy to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies