Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 11:20 PM

13,499 posts, read 4,320,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
Not that I agree with the comparison but even the stridently denazified Germany of today allows for some memorials to its Wehrmacht military. The Heimkehrerdenkmal commemorating German POWs is an example of this. Dare I say it's better than some of the memorials out there with a more controversial bent to them like the Tiergarten Soviet war memorial, dysphemistically known as the "tomb of the unknown rapist" by Berliners.

Japan was worse than the Nazis and Japan has their memorials. History should be seen through the “content of their time” as opposed to the lens of today’s beliefs.

In my case, I would be busy taking down statues and monuments and getting offended looking at my own shadow because the island where I was born was invaded by the Natives, Spaniards and Americans and all 3 practiced slavery. Triple Whopper with cheese. Slavery for centuries was as legal as a woman killing her child in her womb today around the world. Now some wants to white wash history to feel better about themselves.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 478,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Japan was worse than the Nazis and Japan has their memorials. History should be seen through the “content of their time” as opposed to the lens of today’s beliefs.

In my case, I would be busy taking down statues and monuments and getting offended looking at my own shadow because the island where I was born was invaded by the Natives, Spaniards and Americans and all 3 practiced slavery. Triple Whopper with cheese. Slavery for centuries was as legal as a woman killing her child in her womb today around the world. Now some wants to white wash history to feel better about themselves.
I think the Germans from the WW2 era manage to out-horrify the Japanese when it comes to mechanised atrocities. It's under conditions like sheer brutality individually, POW treatment (as a general rule of thumb), and conduct of soldiers particularly in China that the Japanese are so notoriously despised in East Asian countries. Think the "Three Alls" policy or Nanking. What makes it particularly heinous is that the Japanese war criminals and society was not held to the same harsh scrutiny, not like the Germans were. Like I don't think Japanese civilians were ever made to tour the ruins of the Unit 731 headquarters in Pingfang to grasp the visceral horrors perpetrated there by their government.

Are there even any monuments dedicated to the Caribs who were raiding Puerto Rico at the time of European contact? I know there's statues commemorating the Taino like Agueybana El Bravo but I'm not sure about the Caribs.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post

Are there even any monuments dedicated to the Caribs who were raiding Puerto Rico at the time of European contact? I know there's statues commemorating the Taino like Agueybana El Bravo but I'm not sure about the Caribs.

Doubt it but I haven't been to all 78 towns in the island looking for one. Most that I seen are from Spaniards and very few Tainos. It helps when you controlled the island for 400 years. I personally couldn't tell the difference between Arawaks and Caribs unless it tells me on the plaque. All they told me in school was the Arawaks were the "peaceful" ones and the Carib used to raid a lot and enslaved people, do a lot of raping and eat people and the Arawaks were their favorite targets. All I have to say for my own existence is that it was a good thing the Spaniards came at the right time and mopped the floor with everyone, the good and the bad. So the statues can stay for now .

Old 01-10-2022, 01:50 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,852,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
The problem has been solved. In the nearest Black History museum.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...useum-82003422

I say we dress them in drag, with those on horseback holding parasols (to keep them out of the sun, you see) and stick them back where they were. So most of us can have a good laugh, and the Lost Cause folks can have their damned statues back. Win/win.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:57 AM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I say we dress them in drag, with those on horseback holding parasols (to keep them out of the sun, you see) and stick them back where they were. So most of us can have a good laugh, and the Lost Cause folks can have their damned statues back. Win/win.
I like it all but sticking them back where they were.

We need heroes, not traitors in drag.

I say give them back to the KKK.

No one else wants them.

Old 01-10-2022, 03:52 AM

24,684 posts, read 9,505,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

No one else wants them.
So when do you demolish the confederate memorial in Arlington?

Don’t forget the confederate monument at stone park.

What’s taking you liberals so long?

Then you can start on Mount Rushmore and the Washington Monument.
Quote:
Many of the major Founding Fathers owned numerous slaves, such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. Others owned only a few slaves, such as Benjamin Franklin. And still others married into large slave-owning families, such as Alexander Hamilton.
https://www.battlefields.org/learn/a...-views-slavery

Old 01-10-2022, 04:01 AM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So when do you demolish the confederate memorial in Arlington?

Don’t forget the confederate monument at stone park.

What’s taking you liberals so long?

Then you can start on Mount Rushmore and the Washington Monument.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/a...-views-slavery
Why would anyone want to remove Mount Rushmore and the Washington Monument? No traitors there.

As to the 90 ft. carving on Stone Mountain glorifying Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson, carve it off, carve it into something else, I don't care. It wasn't even finished until 1972. Can you say "Jim Crow?"

The monument to traitors in Arlington needs to be given back to the KKK, or the KKK Women's Auxiliary, the Daughters of the Confederacy.

They are the only ones who want them.

The rest of us have had our fill of traitors.

Old 01-10-2022, 04:25 AM

24,684 posts, read 9,505,886 times
Quote:
Why would anyone want to remove Mount Rushmore and the Washington Monument? No traitors there.
They’re traitors to the British empire AND slave owners.

In fact, the American revolution was fought to preserve slavery which England had banned.

So again when do you plan to demolish the founding fathers?

Americas greatest traitor and slave owner: George Washington. Thank you George Washington for fighting to preserve the right to enslave my ancestors because Britain banned it. They really appreciate it.

Quote:
To ensure the preservation of slavery, the southern colonies joined the northerners in their fight for “freedom” and their rebellion against England.
Quote:
In 1772, a judge sitting in the High Court in London declared slavery “so odious” that it could not exist at common law and set the conditions which would consequently result in the freedom of the 15,000 slaves living in England. This decision eventually reached America and terrified slaveholders in the collection of British colonies, subject to British law. The predominantly southern slave-owners feared that this decision would cause the emancipation of their slaves. It did result in some slaves freeing themselves.
https://www.zinnedproject.org/materials/slave-nation/

So wake us up when you can demolish Mount Rushmore and the Washington Memorial, we wouldn’t want to be honoring the worlds greatest slaveowners.

And you’ll need to demolish Arlington confederate cemetery and stone park, before you get to the founding fathers. Yeah, goodluck.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:29 AM

8,357 posts, read 2,978,273 times
Quote:

No one else wants them.
Wrong. Lee statue sold at auction for almost $1.5M. Believe it or not the winner of the bid wasn’t a KkK member. I’d take one in a heartbeat. And I haven’t been to a KKK meeting in months.

Most traitors by far are on the left and I’d bet 10-1 that many of them dress in drag.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:

by your definition everybody that fought the feds in our history are traitors from Natives and Mexico. Should we ban the native statues and confiscate their reservations and prohibit flying the Mexico flag in our soil especially protesting our laws and government? You sure haven't put much thought in opening the can of worms because of your hate for 1 thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies