Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 10:24 AM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The studies for the W.H.O. released in 2019, showed that the general population does not know how to wear a mask properly, including N95 type masks, and that they are ineffective because of this,

You need to apply and wear the N95 mask in a specific manner, or else it's no more effective than a cheap mask. So if you just bought N95 masks, and wear them, you probably did it wrong, and it's not very effective.
It is amazing what one can learn when reading directions and following them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 10:24 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Don't know what world you're living in. But in mine cloth was always said to be only marginally effective and was just the only choice given the N95 shortage.

So why isn't everyone now, two years later walking around wearing the should be ramped up production of N95 masks?

Because all they really care about is compliance theatre.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:26 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/01...ection-n438903

Why are these "public health experts" now letting the truth come out after 2 years of COVID theater?
Those of us who pointed out this obvious FACT were castigated over it.

It's about time some people start understanding the science of masks. CLOTH MASKS NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL WORK!

Old 01-03-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I don't care if people wear their flimsy obligatory masks. The nose is hanging out anyway, and there are gaps on the sides. I don't care if you don't wear a mask at all.

Just don't ban masks, and don't harass me when I choose to wear my N95.

Who wants to ban masks?

Wear a Mickey Mouse costume over your head for all I care.

Just don't try to mandate that I or my kids wear one.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:32 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A year ago a cloth mask was better than nothing. It still is. That's not backpedaling; it's the reality that always was.

They have these really cool inventions now called washing machines.

That's not a failure of the mask. Perhaps you're aware of the phrase "operator error"?
If you are wearing a reusable mask because you think it's protecting you from breathing in the virus, you are very mistaken in that belief.

Wearing a cheap paper or cloth mask is like wearing nothing at all. The only reason to wear a cheap paper mask is when you are the person who is sick, to prevent you from coughing or sneezing on people. Then again, if you are sick you should be isolating yourself, not being near healthy people, or walking around in public with a mask.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A year ago a cloth mask was better than nothing. It still is. That's not backpedaling; it's the reality that always was.

They have these really cool inventions now called washing machines.

That's not a failure of the mask. Perhaps you're aware of the phrase "operator error"?

Even washed and worn "correctly" a cloth mask is as effective at stopping Covid as trying to stop a fart with an extra pair of underwear.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:34 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Who wants to ban masks?

Wear a Mickey Mouse costume over your head for all I care.

Just don't try to mandate that I or my kids wear one.
Agreed, no one is going to ban anyone from choosing to wear a mask. Where did that come from? There has never been some grand movement underfoot to ban people from wearing a mask.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:35 AM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Those of us who pointed out this obvious FACT were castigated over it.

It's about time some people start understanding the science of masks. CLOTH MASKS NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL WORK!
It depends on the fabric. Some is more tightly woven, than others. Some are woven of better fiber. Some fabric mask have 3 or 4 layers of tightly woven fabric with a pocket for a filter that can be changed daily when the mask is laundered.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:43 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It depends on the fabric. Some is more tightly woven, than others. Some are woven of better fiber. Some fabric mask have 3 or 4 layers of tightly woven fabric with a pocket for a filter that can be changed daily when the mask is laundered.
99% wear the cheapo cloth or off the shelf so-called “surgical” paper masks.
In 2 years I can count on one hand the amount of people I’ve seen with an N95 or even anything effective.
It’s not the covid-19 pandemic.
It’s the great swindle of 2020. And beyond.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:43 AM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So why isn't everyone now, two years later walking around wearing the should be ramped up production of N95 masks?

Because all they really care about is compliance theatre.
In the very rare times I’m in public, I am. And have seen many others wearing N95/KN95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies