Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 02:42 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,277 times

Advertisements

I sure liked it better when conspiracy theorists were wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 02:46 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I wear an N95 mask. I never wore a cloth mask with designs. Fauci does all the time. Of course he must have it lined with something better than the average cloth mask.
It's lined with snake oil.

Old 01-03-2022, 03:33 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I am against the mandate. But others who are also against the mandate have a problem with me wearing a mask. They say they don't care. But they keep saying it. That makes me think my mask does somehow bother them.
They only circumstances where I'd care about you wearing a mask

1) It's giving you a false sense of security and therefore you think that it's ok to invade my personal space/social distance.

2) If circumstances necessitate that we converse with each other, and you are either behind a barrier or otherwise unable to speak up so I can hear around your mask mumbles.

3) You're using it as a means of hiding your identity with less than honorable intent.

4) You have a Nancy Pelosi mask on.....

Otherwise.....have at it.

Old 01-03-2022, 05:48 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,789,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If it has an exhalation valve, it only protects the wearer.
That's fine. I never had any expectation of being protected from this virus by someone else's actions.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:58 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
This information means nothing to me. The few times I go out somewhere indoors I have N95 (sometimes KN95) and Faceshield. I would never just wear a cloth mask.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:32 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,166 times
Even though they come in 2 or 3 layered cloths? I see many people buying and wearing it. The kinds they sell at Targets or Wal-marts stores. Cheap kinds too now.

Old 01-04-2022, 01:03 AM

3,605 posts, read 1,655,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Even though they come in 2 or 3 layered cloths? I see many people buying and wearing it. The kinds they sell at Targets or Wal-marts stores. Cheap kinds too now.
I've been wearing cloth masks (and sometimes the light blue surgical masks...are they even cloth?) for the entire duration of the covid pandemic. Maybe solely surgical masks now? Or double up on the 2 for even better protection but less comfort...as one seems to ride up in the eyes. If you wear 2 (seen many in doctor office waiting rooms doing it)...what is the best way to do that (cloth on inside/surgical on outside or opposite way?) without one rising up in the eyes?

Last edited by Fisherman99; 01-04-2022 at 01:29 AM..

Old 01-04-2022, 01:58 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Really look at people with masks on next time you go out.

Does a surgeon rub his nose, yank down the mask and then yank it back up ? Does a surgeon reuse the same mask all day long and take it off between surgeries ?

Well you go watch what people are doing....2 years later.

People do not know how to wear a mask properly in order to offer healthy protection...not like the medical community who do wear masks all the time.
I do look. That’s why we avoid many places.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:13 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If it has an exhalation valve, it only protects the wearer.
Agreed, which is why the best mask to protect us from the virus is not allowed by government to be worn in many areas, because they do not filter out the air when we exhale. It's stupid, but dumb assed government laws allow us to wear a damn bandana or a useless, poorly fitting, paper surgical masks which do not protect anyone, from anything. It's all kabuki theater.

Those cheap paper masks are only for infected people so they do not spray large droplets from coughs and sneezes. The N95 with the inlet valves are to protect healthy people. But government in their idiocy, treat the population as if we are all sick, and all 90 years old.

Healthy people under 30 or 35, should not be concerned about this virus. The science has shown that healthy people in that age group are very low risk, and those under 20 are in the very least risk category.

These mandates on the population for masks and distancing, etc... should only be followed in a voluntary manner, by people over 40, and those with health issues in the risk categories. But government is treating 12 year old children as if they are 90 year old great grand parents with multiple health problems.

Last edited by Wapasha; 01-04-2022 at 08:22 AM..

Old 01-04-2022, 08:25 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I do look. That’s why we avoid many places.
I think most young people, and healthy middle aged people, view these mask mandates as ignorant and ridiculous, which is why we see such a cavalier attitude while they are wearing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies