Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 09:21 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

How shocking. He must have discovered forty years worth of research published on the matter before the Great Blindening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 09:33 AM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
The muzzle industry has exploded in the past 2 years.
From standard paper, to the designer cloth ones and accessories.
Too many people invested in the industry to let it fizzle away. It’s gotta be billions.
Don’t think for a split second that this does not have an influence on covid management.
This alone will keep covid going past it’s shelf life.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:37 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Don't know what world you're living in. But in mine cloth was always said to be only marginally effective and was just the only choice given the N95 shortage.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:47 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/01...ection-n438903

Why are these "public health experts" now letting the truth come out after 2 years of COVID theater?
Over two years ago, the W.H.O. released their study in Oct 2019, which reviewed a dozen studies that all stated that cloth and paper masks provided ineffective protection against infection from respiratory viruses. Fauci knew this in 2020, which is why he correctly stated that people should not be walking around wearing masks.

Fauci realized that without a vaccine, government, that Dr. Fauci, would look useless and impotent. So he decided that government needs to look like it's in control, to appear as if it's got all the answers. In order to look like government was doing something, Fauci ordered mask wearing for the general public.

All they are doing today, with the mask and vax mandates, is to make it appear that we can look to government for the answers to all our problems. Government knows the vaccines do not "shut down the virus." Nothing can shut down this virus, it needs to run its course.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:53 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Don't know what world you're living in. But in mine cloth was always said to be only marginally effective and was just the only choice given the N95 shortage.
Even then, N95 masks are not effective unless worn by trained professions under controlled conditions. These paper masks are like a placebo, that make people feel better. As Fauci said in March:

“When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is,” he said, warning of the “unintended consequences.”

“People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face,” he added

And in June:

“The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through the material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keeping out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you.”

But I ask people, when was the last time someone actually sneezed or coughed directly on any of us? I cannot think of the last time that happened to me.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:57 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,056 times
No kidding. That's why I wear a KN95 instead of a cloth mask.

These are easy to get nowadays. KN95s are easier to get a proper fit versus the stiff pre-molded N95s. Easier to breathe in the KN95. Easier to wear as well, IMO.

It's not rocket science to learn how to properly fit and wear a KN95.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:58 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,049 times
I don't care if people wear their flimsy obligatory masks. The nose is hanging out anyway, and there are gaps on the sides. I don't care if you don't wear a mask at all.

Just don't ban masks, and don't harass me when I choose to wear my N95.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:59 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times
God God... look at all the leftists back peddling now! How utterly unpredictable. A year ago masks were going to save the world and if you even hinted that they were nearly worthless, you were Satan incarnate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I don't care if people wear their flimsy obligatory masks. The nose is hanging out anyway, and there are gaps on the sides. I don't care if you don't wear a mask at all.

Just don't ban masks, and don't harass me when I choose to wear my N95.
I don't care if you wear a gas mask or full hazmat suit. Why should anyone care? Of course, that's not to say I don't have an opinion, but that doesn't restrict your freedom to wear anything you like. You can also walk around naked as far as I'm concerned. Not my business.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:00 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/01...ection-n438903

Why are these "public health experts" now letting the truth come out after 2 years of COVID theater?

Yesterday's conspiracy theories once again becoming today's headlines.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:03 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Even then, N95 masks are not effective unless worn by trained professions under controlled conditions. These paper masks are like a placebo, that make people feel better. As Fauci said in June:

“The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through the material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keeping out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you.”
How do professional credentials affect the proper wearing of a mask? I've been using N95s since USA Mask sold them retail. They were going bankrupt competing with China selling to the medical community. Seems American business will not pay a penny a mask more to buy American made.

Too bad the medical community that advised wearing a mask overestimated the intelligence of many Americans. Like the meme says, after seeing how people wear a mask I now understand the birth control failure rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies