Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 07:30 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I just a hurt child. No need to make her pain a political statement.
A thousand times this^.
When this story first broke, I thought to myself: Someone will somehow make this about George Floyd and karma. Some people really have no shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 07:40 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

Quote:
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said he had opened an internal affairs investigation into the department's handling of the shooting.

"I am aware and have concerns regarding the delayed response time in this incident and have initiated an Internal Affairs investigation," Finner said Tuesday in a separate statement.

This is part of what happens when you defund the police.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ment-rcna10986

https://news.yahoo.com/george-floyd-...e9sQrMdqp5A7ZT

I am glad she appears to be recovering well.
In other words..."Don't worry we will find some reason why the Police are at fault and give you plenty of reasons to sue the department for millions of dollars".

Old 01-08-2022, 08:08 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
A thousand times this^.
When this story first broke, I thought to myself: Someone will somehow make this about George Floyd and karma. Some people really have no shame.
It's not about karma; it's irony.

And yes, someone was going to point it out. It's a valid point. No one is celebrating that an innocent child was shot.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:36 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
I just a hurt child. No need to make her pain a political statement.
She is not one hurt child!

She is the face that represents the result of pure political stupidity.

No back story about other innocent kids being shot in their bedrooms by gang members. If that distinction isn't political, nothing is.

The politics trumped the sanity, logic, common sense and took advantage of GF's death to do greater harm to the black communities they pretend to protect.

Refunding the cops is useless at this time as experienced cops left and aren't coming back and who would volunteer to be a new cop with the charged atmosphere created by liberal democrats, the media and BLM. They put a target on the back of cops and made them the hunted while telling the world cops were hunting black men. that resulted in more resisting arrest situations and higher tension for all parties. Each thinking a confrontation with a perp might be a life and death situation, no matter the reason for the stop.

So yes, her death is the result of political response to GF's death, lies and twisted facts by the media and politicians. BLM is a terrorist group who called for the killing of cops. Newark NJ has honored GF as has Diblasio and held GF up as a role model for young kids.

Democrat Politicians pursuing their narrative while sacrificing the lives they pretend to protect is the problem.

Do not judge the black community by the actions of a few, but be sure to judge all cops by the action of a few.

Ask why the media reduces kids deaths in inner city shootings to sterile numbers and gives empathetic background to perps who resisted arrest and their families.

This is a political forum!

there are online sites to express sympathy, do not confuse posters sympathy with their comments on a political forum.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:44 AM

2,007 posts, read 865,814 times
Quote:
I just see a hurt child. No need to make her pain a political statement.
A hurt child that was born in and will be raised in a culture of violence...if she survives.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:46 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:

I know that poor little girl. Hopefully she will make a full recovery.

I think it is a good thing to hold her up as an example to the failed idiocy of the defund the Police movement. The fact is the groups that suffer the most when fewer cops are around are the innocent people like this girl that live in tough neighborhoods but hey if defunding the Police prevents one thug from being shot I guess a little girl being hurt is worth it? To the Left it is.

I say let her image serve as a reminder and possibly a turning point for the Black community that they need to stop shooting and victimizing each other.

This little girl should be a symbol for change as the 4 little girls that were killed in the bombing of the Birmingham church in 1963.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:39 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
So do I. But do the "mostly peaceful protestors" refrain from making George Floyd's "pain a political statement"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
A thousand times this^.
Why don't the "mostly peaceful protesters" have the same thought when destroying the livelihoods of their brethren?

Old 01-08-2022, 09:56 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Yet the left does it ALL the time!

Old 01-08-2022, 09:58 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
She is not one hurt child!

She is the face that represents the result of pure political stupidity.

No back story about other innocent kids being shot in their bedrooms by gang members. If that distinction isn't political, nothing is.

The politics trumped the sanity, logic, common sense and took advantage of GF's death to do greater harm to the black communities they pretend to protect.

Refunding the cops is useless at this time as experienced cops left and aren't coming back and who would volunteer to be a new cop with the charged atmosphere created by liberal democrats, the media and BLM. They put a target on the back of cops and made them the hunted while telling the world cops were hunting black men. that resulted in more resisting arrest situations and higher tension for all parties. Each thinking a confrontation with a perp might be a life and death situation, no matter the reason for the stop.

So yes, her death is the result of political response to GF's death, lies and twisted facts by the media and politicians. BLM is a terrorist group who called for the killing of cops. Newark NJ has honored GF as has Diblasio and held GF up as a role model for young kids.

Democrat Politicians pursuing their narrative while sacrificing the lives they pretend to protect is the problem.

Do not judge the black community by the actions of a few, but be sure to judge all cops by the action of a few.

Ask why the media reduces kids deaths in inner city shootings to sterile numbers and gives empathetic background to perps who resisted arrest and their families.

This is a political forum!

there are online sites to express sympathy, do not confuse posters sympathy with their comments on a political forum.
"Do not judge the black community by the actions of a few, but be sure to judge all cops by the action of a few."

This should be repeated over and OVER!

Old 01-08-2022, 12:19 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
It's not about karma; it's irony.

And yes, someone was going to point it out. It's a valid point. No one is celebrating that an innocent child was shot.
I guess they don't remember when Obama trotted out Haydia Pendleton's parents at his SOTU to get his gun laws pushed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies