Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 08:55 PM

8,352 posts, read 6,443,466 times

Advertisements

The title should be, Makeing sure Democrats win every election from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 09:01 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Dems are constantly trying to bend the voting rules to make it easier for them to cheat. That is exactly what this is.

We need every state to have the same restrictive voting rules as Biden's home state of Delaware.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The Biden Administration wants to change filibuster rules so their is a glimmer that is could be passed. It seems almost all Republicans are against it, along with enough Democrats to not even make it feasible to go down this route.
No Sinema killed it. I fully regret voting for that two-faced traitor. She sold out Arizona. Arizona has had several issues with voting and this goes back to the election she won and even before that. She is out of touch and I should have voted McSally. While I don't like McSally, at least I would have gotten what I expected. Sinema is two-faced and cannot be trusted. Sinema today single-handedly given the Republicans the House and Senate in 2022.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No Sinema killed it. I fully regret voting for that two-faced traitor. She sold out Arizona. Arizona has had several issues with voting and this goes back to the election she won and even before that. She is out of touch and I should have voted McSally. While I don't like McSally, at least I would have gotten what I expected. Sinema is two-faced and cannot be trusted. Sinema today single-handedly given the Republicans the House and Senate in 2022.
Nah, that was going to happen anyway. Wayyy too many Dem debacles to come back from. Instead of cleaning up their own house they’re trying to change the rules, and just a foolish plan that will once again backfire.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The Biden Administration wants to change filibuster rules so their is a glimmer that is could be passed. It seems almost all Republicans are against it, along with enough Democrats to not even make it feasible to go down this route.
Bingo

Old 01-13-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, that was going to happen anyway. Wayyy too many Dem debacles to come back from. Instead of cleaning up their own house they’re trying to change the rules, and it’s a foolish plan that has once again backfired.
This is the nail in the coffin unless the abortion trump card happens through the Supreme Court hearing the Mississippi heartbeat bill. While yes, the economy is an issue, I think a lot of women will come out and vote out people, especially on a state level who are for these laws.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
This is the nail in the coffin unless the abortion trump card happens through the Supreme Court hearing the Mississippi heartbeat bill. While yes, the economy is an issue, I think a lot of women will come out and vote out people, especially on a state level who are for these laws.
Eh, many more nails in the coffin to come. Dems are going to stack even more debacles by midterms. They’re too foolish to admit what they’re doing isn’t working and will continue to go down the same path.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:23 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,386,719 times
Quote:
Does voting rights act even stand a chance?
Don't dignify it by calling it a "voting rights" act. It is a voting WRONGS act.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Eh, many more nails in the coffin to come. Dems are going to stack even more debacles by midterms. They’re too foolish to admit what they’re doing isn’t working and will continue to go down the same path.
I think this is the final one as we have seen a LOT of progressives give up on Biden in the past few days over fears that he would not deliver the Voter Rights Act. The only way I can see the progressives coming back is through the abortion ruling, especially if it goes the way of the conservatives.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I think this is the final one as we have seen a LOT of progressives give up on Biden in the past few days over fears that he would not deliver the Voter Rights Act. The only way I can see the progressives coming back is through the abortion ruling, especially if it goes the way of the conservatives.
Took them long enough. Many have realized the consequences of voting with hurt feelings and the consequences it’s brought in less than a year. Hopefully folks think better of it before doing it again, however, many have already declared DeSantis a big meanie…but on the bright side, it won’t matter what Republican runs. The Dems have already made their own bed, and it’s always interesting to watching be careful what you wish for scenarios coming to fruition, especially when many of us could see it coming well beforehand, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies