Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 05:52 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
That was quick, not really a hard choice........a washed-up, angry liberal or
a free-talking, wildly popular person who dares to have an opinion.
No kidding, easiest choice of all time.

Also, Rogan just gained a lot more publicity and fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 06:01 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
I found out that Neil Young tried to start his own digital music platform publishing music in higher resolution, but it is now defunct. I don’t know if it failed due to competition from other platforms, but I never heard of it so perhaps he just didn’t have the marketing they had. Maybe he’s got other plans in the works?

The platform was called PonoMusic. Did anyone else ever hear of it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pono..._music_service)

Old 01-27-2022, 06:05 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
well when your music gets 1/50th of the traffic....you don't have a bargaining chip

Old 01-27-2022, 06:35 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I found out that Neil Young tried to start his own digital music platform publishing music in higher resolution, but it is now defunct. I don’t know if it failed due to competition from other platforms, but I never heard of it so perhaps he just didn’t have the marketing they had. Maybe he’s got other plans in the works?

Yes I've heard of it - Young has had other ventures that didn't take off either but when you have a net worth of $200 million you can try a lot of things. Since then some of the streaming services like Amazon Music offer high definition "HD" streaming which addresses some of the deficiencies of the early days when bandwidth was more limited. Not sure whether this is equivalent to Pono's specifications or not.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did Spotify show him the door? Looks to me like he's aggressively demanding to be taken down from Spotify's content, by the end of the day.
They believe what their biased media feeds them. As they like to say, "you didn't hear the truth on Newsmax".

Old 01-27-2022, 07:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Hey Hey My My Neil's rock and roll will die
Nah --- it won't kill Young's career.

Garth Brooks refuses Spotify and has no trouble with his career.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:12 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
who's Joe Rogan anyway?..a purveyor of falsehoods, untruths and misinformation?..sounds like a good cult leader to me..kinda like the blind leading the blind..you believers can blindly follow his dumbass all day long..see ya on the ventilator..
Rogan puts people on the air to give their opinions. I am not a fan but who put Young in charge of deciding what people should be listening to?

I remember Art Bell used to put some very way out people on his show with all sorts of conspiracy theories.

People have a right to say and believe whatever they want.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:26 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

It primarily failed because it was targeting a market that didn't really exist with a product that couldn't really demonstrate the value received for the significantly higher price tag.

I remember they used to have comparison stations setup in places like Best Buy and Fry's (), the irritating thing was that it was a rigged demo, the "standard" music player setup had these cheap $10 headphone connected to them while the pono had a significantly better pair. If that's what it takes to demonstrate how superiour the product was, then I'm guessing it's probably not all that better. I never did bother to listen to them after I saw the layout.

That whole "market" has now been swallowed up by the major streaming services offering higher quality versions of songs while staying in a known and established ecosystem.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:27 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Rogan has made repeated comments saying he's not a Dr, but has talked about what worked for him and is simply providing another perspective to the vaccine only push.

Damn scary times we're in now where simply expressing differing views with full disclosure ahead of times is now called misinformation, damn scary times.
It’s dystopian times for sure. Even Biden’s Surgeon General is calling for big tech to censor Rogan. Isn’t it strange that after the Dr. McCoullough podcast on early treatment that the White House banned use of monoclonal antibody treatment. People are still dying but the restrictions on early treatment are getting worse, it’s like our government wants us to die.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:36 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When did all of the counter culture fight the man free speech advocates start to blindy back big goverment and become gov loving old pricks.
Not to mention their blind allegiance to big pharma, the most corrupt evil entity of our time. Joe has mostly liberal views. There is nothing liberal about siding with government lockdowns, mandates and censorship. What kind of dark world do you want to live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies