Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2022, 06:34 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Joe gets more than that each episode.
I'm aware of that and never said Young had more listeners than Rogan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 06:41 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,228,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
He can’t name any, misinformation I’d just a vague label used to censor.
The 'scientific' approach would have been to directly confront, address, counter and correct - if possible, any arguments that were contrary to quantitatively consistent data.

That would have been in the open, for all to read, and to form their own opinion.

Instead, the narrative has been if you DARE challenge or even breathe a whisper that questions what our benevolent overlords have declared as 'good' and 'right' - it is categorically decried as misinformation and to be expunged from public record (i.e. cowardly censorship)

Those who are keepers of the 'right science' are empowered to proclaim any opposing view as misinformation.

Sounds a lot like religious dogma, not science.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Now, thinking about this, for a minute, should Spotify, at least, put up a disclaimer before the Rogan program(s) in question, instead of just dropping Young? That move, at least, alleviates concerns that Spotify, itself, agrees with spreading misinformation, and allows allows Spotify to keep Rogan (while disclaiming him!) and keep Young's music.
Rogan clearly states his opinion.

I don't think they have to post a disclaimer.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:48 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,800,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
In detail what was the false information Young was talking about again? 'misinformation' is over used and lacks detail. Can Young or others cite a doctor, study or existing practice/medicine to back up their claims of misinformation.
Right. Who gets to determine what is "misinformation?"
Stuff that used to get people banned from Farcebook and Twitter
later turned out to be completely true.
Who will be these "Arbiters of Truth?"

Old 01-29-2022, 08:53 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did Spotify show him the door? Looks to me like he's aggressively demanding to be taken down from Spotify's content, by the end of the day.
And Joni Mitchell is siding with Neil.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:05 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
In detail what was the false information Young was talking about again? 'misinformation' is over used and lacks detail. Can Young or others cite a doctor, study or existing practice/medicine to back up their claims of misinformation.
Rogan caught covid, late last year. He said he took ivermectin, which the FDA, and Dr Fauci, vehemently advise against. He also had the controversial Dr. Malone on his show, after Malone was suspended from Twitter.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:12 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Rogan clearly states his opinion.

I don't think they have to post a disclaimer.
But if Rogan 1) Is taking a drug, which, the feds say, is being taken in an unauthorized way, and 2) Has a banished doctor, on his show, promoting conspiracy theories, shouldn't there be a disclaimer?

Old 01-29-2022, 09:16 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
He's not. And many of us boomers said the essence of "meh" about his music 50 years ago.

Old Man was his only song that ever caught my ear and only marginally. In those days every song I liked a lot I bought the 45 of....and that one I never gave a moment of that thought to. It was just one that didn't require an immediate station change.

Neil is a legend in few minds other than his own.
Actually. I think he's still very popular. My kids love the music from that era including his. But just because you weren't a fan of his doesn't mean he isn't popular. I was never a fan of the Beatles. So what. It means nothing.

Old 01-29-2022, 10:05 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Well, whether Neil is popular or not here, he appears to still have plenty of clout on Spotify.

Their stock just dropped 25% in the last couple of days. And there are some other very well known pop stars who are following his lead and are dropping out of Spotify.

The latest was Joni Mitchell. She and Neil go way back, so for her, its a matter of loyalty, it seems.

Say what you will, but this is an instance of money doing all the talking.
if Joe Rogan can overtake Spotify's losses, he wins. If not, then he loses.

Since Spotify is a Swedish company, I doubt they have any personal skin in this game when it comes to censorship and other American political issues.

Old 01-29-2022, 10:15 PM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well, whether Neil is popular or not here, he appears to still have plenty of clout on Spotify.

Their stock just dropped 25% in the last couple of days..
Uh no, Spotify is down 7% for the week. A lot of tech stocks have taken a beating over the last few days, so to attribute Spotify's losses to Neil Young's clout is fatuous to put it kindly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies