Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2022, 01:45 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times

Advertisements

Neil Young shouldn't concern himself with vaccine misinformation... it will cut into his time spreading GMO misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 01:56 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,177,132 times
Why does anyone care in the slightest what Neil Young says? I like quite a bit of his music, been playing it for more than 50 years but his politics are that of a nutcase!!

Old 01-30-2022, 02:05 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
"Neil Young is for Censorship... Neil Young is a Bully Communist & China Sympathizer... Spotify Showed Him the Door... We Cannot Let Flaky Drugged Out Narcissistic Musicians Dictate Content... Young Demands Control of Our Free Speech... He Should Be Sued... He's Not An American... He's Taken Jobs Away From American Musicians."

^^^^ A few of the preposterous postings appearing on the pages of this thread.

Neil Young wrote one letter to his agent-lawyer and Spotify, to have his music catalogue removed, as he did not want to be associated with Rogan. The rest is the alternative reality of those who will argue and magnify whatever fiction has been grown for their consumption in the universe of grievance. There once was something called truth, based on facts, in this world. Now, anyone can make up whatever they want, put it out there and certain people will fall for it and defend it and angrily amplify whatever baseless accusation and smear suits their agenda... even while staring in the face of incontrovertible truth.

The dishonest narrative about one musician who asked to have his music catalogue removed, because he did not want to share the same platform as a proven harmful pandemic propagandist, is one such story that ignorant miserable people eat up and regurgitate. Some loud mouthed talking head has spoken to those sitting around in their unhappiness and has told them who is responsible for their discontent. Today, Neil Young is the person they blame. For 2 years it has been Dr. Fauci and Science. Now, we have another esteemed legend of music who has proceeded to also take her music off this platform, and she will be tarred and feathered for daring to protest propaganda in the same respectful manner as Young has portrayed.

There is an evil virus that seems to have infected a large mass of people in this country, and I am not speaking of SARS-CoV-2. The pathogen of which I write has created an ignorant denomination of people who are immune to facts and bereft of decency, and who will gleefully disseminate ludicrous lies, chaotic claptrap and twisty tales no matter the topic or target.

Spreading lies & sowing doubt, disseminating unverified data & innuendo and propagating misleading & false comparisons are the hallmark of all movements whose goals are dissension, chaos & destabilization. I am shocked and saddened by this movement that is before our very eyes in these United States of America. Although it does not yet have a name, it is spreading rapidly and threatening to poison every area and aspect of our lives and civil society... and it feels as ominous as the deadly pandemic called COVID.

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell will survive the battle du jour now being waged against them and their character. However, what we are watching and experiencing, yet again, in this latest brouhaha, is an example that is highly illustrative of the overarching war on truth by deplorable people. When truth no longer matters everyone and everything is in jeopardy.

Wow. I don’t even know where to begin unpacking this diatribe of nonsense.

First, the highlighted sentence is so ironic, but certainly illustrates the leftist mindset, which has mastered the art of gaslighting and projectionist tactics. Only a liberal could characterize an opposing opinion as a war on truth, while championing outright censorship as defending it. And to those who might challenge “THE TRUTH”, deplorables? (Where have we heard that before?)

I suppose “intolerance” best fits this, or rather, the self righteous celebration of it. Or perhaps it’s arrogance at the root of declaring oneself the the arbiter of truth? But I must admit, with regard to Neil Young, this is far from surprising, as he long ago defined himself as a leftist ideologue, drenched in self anointed moral superiority, always preaching his version of “truth” through his music. This makes him the ideal poster boy for modern day liberal progressivism, which really hasn’t changed much since the 70’s, other than the glaring switch from an historical anti-government sentiment of the 1970’s version of liberalism, to the modern day shift to unwavering support of government authoritarianism. Oh the irony! While this may appear on the surface to be a complete reversal, it is really just a more transparent expression of liberalism’s now unveiled nature, which at its core, continues to promote pure authoritarianism.

Quote:
The pathogen of which I write has created an ignorant denomination of people who are immune to facts and bereft of decency, and who will gleefully disseminate ludicrous lies, chaotic claptrap and twisty tales no matter the topic or target.
The true pathogen clearly exposed now is the depth of deception, which could never have been successful without the unwitting assistance of those like you who defend the indefensible, driven by ignorance coupled with arrogance. Who are you to speak of facts or decency? Whose facts? Whose decency?

It was Young who demanded Rogan be removed! It is Young, an aging musician/political ideologue, who believes he is the ultimate judge and gatekeeper of truth? This DOLT has spent his entire life promoting his personal views which included hatefulness and intolerance through songs which sometimes besmirched Millions of strangers, and on one occasion, may have influenced the suicide of a troubled fellow musician who named Young in his suicide note. This leftwing hypocrite has failed to grow intellectually or philosophically by failing to understand how the very censorship he is attempting to impose on another, would have silenced him 50 years ago. But like most leftists, it seems that freedom of speech belongs only to them, while truth is what they say it is.

Quote:
Spreading lies & sowing doubt, disseminating unverified data & innuendo and propagating misleading & false comparisons are the hallmark of all movements whose goals are dissension, chaos & destabilization.

There once was something called truth, based on facts, in this world. Now, anyone can make up whatever they want, put it out there and certain people will fall for it and defend it and angrily amplify whatever baseless accusation and smear suits their agenda... even while staring in the face of incontrovertible truth.
What incontrovertible truth? What “unverified facts” ? Listen up, you can feign outrage all you want. You’re a fraud. Rogan has hosted two prominent medical professionals Malone and McCullough, who have had the courage to confront this medical mafia promoted narrative and their moronic mob followers, to come forward to tell the American people the “actual” and “factual” truth. And unlike your Dr Fauci, neither one of them have perjured themselves before the United States Congress while under oath, or caught lying repeatedly for the past two years. Neither Malone or McCullough helped create this crisis by funding corona virus gain of function research in collaboration with our greatest geopolitical enemy (China) in what could easily constitute crimes against humanity and TREASON, which brought this pandemic upon the world. And, unlike Fauci, they don’t have a 30 history of dastardly conduct which has been very thoroughly documented (read:FACTS) in RFK Jr book, “The Real Anthony Fauci”.

And here this real good ... the truth and facts don’t need to be defended with blatant censorship, and strong armed tactics. Truth and facts stands on their own merit. Only LIES and PROPAGANDA require such protection.

Old 01-30-2022, 02:10 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
First Neil Young and Joni Mitchell both Canadians try 'lecture' Spotify and "misinformation" now another foreigner or two are lecturing Spotify. Megan Markle and Harry want Spotify to do something about "misinformation".

https://nowtrendng.com/index.php/202...formation/amp/

But they won't pull their content
Typical leftist intolerance for freedom of speech.

Spotify is a private company from Sweden, they have no obligation to pander to the radical left.

I encourage more progressives to self cancel themselves.

Old 01-30-2022, 02:13 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So free thinking is the new term politically correct weasel words for conspiracy theory, interesting...
No, “conspiracy theory” is the implanted idea to keep the mind controlled mouth breathers on the propaganda plantation. Breaking free of these mental chains may allow one to form a thought of their own, which is “free thinking”.

Old 01-30-2022, 02:13 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It begins. Who else will leave Spotify?

https://americansongwriter.com/spoti...parting-swirl/
Let all the fascists out themselves in support of censorship so people know who to blacklist.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Let all the fascists out themselves in support of censorship so people know who to blacklist.
It's not censorship if a business says -- him or me.

It would be censorship if Young says ban Rogan everywhere in the world -- that's not what he said.

AND it seems that there is concern with the corporation of Spotify -- they will be adding a COVID lable to podcasts discussing COVID. (For the record those COVID labels are frustrating and useless for me).

Old 01-30-2022, 10:44 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
well when your music gets 1/50th of the traffic....you don't have a bargaining chip
You say that, but when someone is influential in the world of music, others will follow:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/30/busin...ces/index.html

I’d guess not many musicians will be on Rogan’s side… ever. Turns out he did have a bargaining chip.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
You say that, but when someone is influential in the world of music, others will follow:

I’d guess not many musicians will be on Rogan’s side… ever. Turns out he did have a bargaining chip.
and Spotify is adjusting how they deal with podcasts --- stating they will put a 'warning label' on Covid discussions.

It was significant enough for them to address.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:55 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

If I'm a musician and I want as many people to listen to my music, I would stay out of this one. You have millions of people on both sides of the debate. You don't speak for most musicians or all. So your guess is unfounded. I really doubt that Ozzy Osbourne or Metallica or Snoop Dog would join Neil and talk like a fed. Most of them would lose fans for lecturing them what to listen to on the web.

"Keep on rocking in the Free world"

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 01-30-2022 at 11:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies