Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 01:11 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
I'm not trying to determine what is and isn't disinformation. This is an open letter from the scientific community:

https://spotifyopenletter.wordpress....er-to-spotify/

“Is this with children?” he (Rogan) asked, continuing to read the article. “With children is the issue... ‘12-17 more likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching Covid at a rate of 450 cases per million infections. This compares to 67 cases of myocarditis per million in the same time following their second dose of Pfizer.’”

Yeah, so you’re about eight times likelier to get myocarditis from getting Covid than from getting the vaccine,” Zepps pointed out.

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-rogan-adm...082734705.html

Rogan doesn't have a clue what he is talking about with covid and the people who do keep telling him so, yet he continues to spread disinformation and to give Dr. Robert Malone a platform to spread his quack theories.

Once again, Rogan spreading disinformation.
That shows the exact opposite of what you think it does. Rogan read a statement, and his guest followed up with his knowledge on the subject. How, in any way, is that spreading “misinformation”?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 01:14 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Some people are dropping the paid subscription. Can't say I blame them.
Apparently, it is (was?) playing hell with Spotify customer service.

Quote:
According to a couple of reports on Twitter, Spotify has been overwhelmed by requests to cancel and live customer support requests such that it has ground to a halt.

MainStreet Law's Tristan Snell says Spotify is no longer letting people cancel their subscriptions, stating:

Spotify is no longer letting people cancel subscriptions. Their customer service system is completely overwhelmed. People asking to cancel are being told they cannot. Presumably Spotify will allow cancellations again at some point once their system is not so flooded.
Spotify overwhelmed with requests to cancel following Joe Rogan saga

Old 02-01-2022, 01:19 PM

899 posts, read 541,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
I'm not trying to determine what is and isn't disinformation. This is an open letter from the scientific community:

https://spotifyopenletter.wordpress....er-to-spotify/

“Is this with children?” he (Rogan) asked, continuing to read the article. “With children is the issue... ‘12-17 more likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching Covid at a rate of 450 cases per million infections. This compares to 67 cases of myocarditis per million in the same time following their second dose of Pfizer.’”

Yeah, so you’re about eight times likelier to get myocarditis from getting Covid than from getting the vaccine,” Zepps pointed out.

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-rogan-adm...082734705.html

Rogan doesn't have a clue what he is talking about with covid and the people who do keep telling him so, yet he continues to spread disinformation and to give Dr. Robert Malone a platform to spread his quack theories.

Once again, Rogan spreading disinformation.
Did you look at the names who sent out that "open letter from the scientific community"?

The vast majority seem to be nurses and people with titles like "Clinical Coach Consultant, CVS Health/Aetna." They are not prominent or leading research scientists, let alone doctors. None are known people. So how does this self-selected example of a few hundred mainly nurses get to represent the entire "scientific community"?

Just to ask. Because claiming that these names represent the scientific community in its totality is a perfect example of disinformation.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:22 PM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Graham Nash just announced he'll be leaving.
He's trying to get his name back in the mainstream as well. He rode the hippie wave less century and he'll ride the the cult of forgotten celebrities for all it's worth.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:39 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
That shows the exact opposite of what you think it does. Rogan read a statement, and his guest followed up with his knowledge on the subject. How, in any way, is that spreading “misinformation”?
Until he

1 - Explains to his audience that Dr. Robert Malone is a discredited quack full of baseless theories,

2 - makes sure they understand that he was wrong about the cardiac issue and that they are far more likely to experience cardiac events from covid than from the immunization - even the young males,

3 - and encourages them to get immunized for the sake of themselves and others around them,

he is spreading disinformation.

He could do a special podcast where he straightens everything out. He could even have a real scientist or two on the show. But I doubt that would ever happen. Not his style.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:44 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why didn't he just leave?

Why the ultimatum?

Theatre.
Because he wanted the ultimatum, I suppose.

People who are less famous want theirs too. Lots of folks want ultimatums these days.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:39 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
If my favorite musicians start leaving, I will, too. Or at least stop paying. I'll miss Neil Young on Spotify, but him alone doesn't make me want to stop paying Spotify. India Arie is the latest to leave, but the only song I really like by her is her singing on Santana's covers of the Beatles "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Many artists have issues with Spotify's low pay and subpar sound quality. I listen on my phone or computer, neither with good speakers, so sound quality is not a big issue here. It already lacks.

India Arie to Pull Music From Spotify Over Joe Rogan, 'Also His Language Around Race'
Uh oh. Now we're swinging. Guess Joe's a racist too. The mob. doesn't. stop. once they get their claws in.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:05 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Graham Nash just announced he'll be leaving.
So has Dave Matthews, only that caused subscriptions to increase.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
If my favorite musicians start leaving, I will, too. Or at least stop paying. I'll miss Neil Young on Spotify, but him alone doesn't make me want to stop paying Spotify. India Arie is the latest to leave, but the only song I really like by her is her singing on Santana's covers of the Beatles "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Many artists have issues with Spotify's low pay and subpar sound quality. I listen on my phone or computer, neither with good speakers, so sound quality is not a big issue here. It already lacks.

India Arie to Pull Music From Spotify Over Joe Rogan, 'Also His Language Around Race'
India Arie criticized Spotify for the low pay artists allegedly receive from the platform, writing: "paying musicians a Fraction of a penny? And HIM $100M?"

She wants more money. If they offered her a million dollar contract, she'd be shilling her album on Joe Rogan's podcast to get more publicity.

Good grief.

How many more bandwagoneers will pop up seeking their 15-minute jump start to their careers???

Old 02-01-2022, 03:13 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times
I have to be honest, I'm in my late twenties and I've never heard of anyone that has said they're leaving Spotify.

Maybe it's because I'm not in the loop. I don't stream any music, nor have I ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies