Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,743,435 times

Advertisements

The left are the new fascists. They’ll keep pushing until he’s shut down and forced to shut up. Their MO is to make the majority of average Americans believe that their ideology has now encompassed most of America’s population favorably, when in fact they are a small number of bullies with giant bullhorns through their media ilk.
It’s a fascist cult of mostly self-loathing people who gain a sense of self-worth through group think idiocy.
Eventually they will turn on each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 09:28 AM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The key is he talked about different opinions and noted that he had CNNs Gupta on and Biden advisor.

But this 'misinformation' term is being tossed around like a salad leaves no room for detail or context. If these artists are crying disinformation cite some examples and detail. Have to wonder if they are doing the administration a favor rather than noting their displeasure.
And that should be good enough, he isn't being biased with who he has on the podcast. I don't know why he is saying he doesn't always "get it right". Now he thinks he has to have Gupta or someone like that on immediately after someone like Malone. That is unnecessary, as long as he keeps talking to all kinds of guests he shouldn't have to worry about having them appear on a certain type of schedule. That is just appeasing the mob.

A general disclaimer by Spotify is fine but it shouldn't be targeted at Rogan or certain guests.

He explained he's just having conversations, and that is true. They reflect many different viewpoints. He doesn't have to apologize for anything.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:56 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
And that should be good enough, he isn't being biased with who he has on the podcast. I don't know why he is saying he doesn't always "get it right". Now he thinks he has to have Gupta or someone like that on immediately after someone like Malone. That is unnecessary, as long as he keeps talking to all kinds of guests he shouldn't have to worry about having them appear on a certain type of schedule. That is just appeasing the mob.

A general disclaimer by Spotify is fine but it shouldn't be targeted at Rogan or certain guests.

He explained he's just having conversations, and that is true. They reflect many different viewpoints. He doesn't have to apologize for anything.
Kind of disappointed if Joe did really apologize. I saw a headline, didn't really read it yet.

I've listened to him off and on for a few years and he's always been sort of this is what I've done and check with your Dr. type of deal.

I know he's big into vitamin supplements and has various workout routines, etc etc and again, he was always like this is what I'm doing, but be sure to do your own research, blah blah blah.

It just annoys me that the far left and their "misinformation" cries won. I'd tell them to go pound sand and leave me alone, but whatever.

I wonder if Rogan has a PR firm or if someone at Spotify got in his ear just to get people to shut up about the story.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:58 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,686,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
and Spotify is adjusting how they deal with podcasts --- stating they will put a 'warning label' on Covid discussions.

It was significant enough for them to address.
Imagine being so scared of heterodox viewpoints that you need a Parental Advisory for grown-ups.

Whatever you do, don't listen to Rogan's podcasts backwards or you'll get suggestive messages from Satan.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:01 AM

1,069 posts, read 746,823 times
Long time rocker and rebel Neil Young seems to be “doing the man’s bidding”. Why is his opinion OR Joni Mitchell’s opinion matter more than Joe Rogan’s? I don’t listen to Rogan but I support his right to free speech.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:03 AM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Imagine being so scared of heterodox viewpoints that you need a Parental Advisory for grown-ups.

Whatever you do, don't listen to Rogan's podcasts backwards or you'll get suggestive messages from Satan.
Yeah but as long as they apply it fairly. I guess we are all too stupid to listen to differing opinons.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:17 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
Long time rocker and rebel Neil Young seems to be “doing the man’s bidding”. Why is his opinion OR Joni Mitchell’s opinion matter more than Joe Rogan’s? I don’t listen to Rogan but I support his right to free speech.
Isn’t it crazy that supporting free speech is now a bold thing to say and that liberals (aligned with pharma and corporations) are the ones opposed to it?

Old 01-31-2022, 10:19 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
I think Young, and others now, have given Rogan a great deal of free publicity.

Perhaps he will send them all a note of thanks.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:25 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Isn’t it crazy that supporting free speech is now a bold thing to say and that liberals (aligned with pharma and corporations) are the ones opposed to it?

Yeah, and add aligned with big government.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:41 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have and will continue to despise Neil Young and his music. He ranks right up there with others that despite a serious lack of any real talent managed to be popular via representing a lifestyle. Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson come to mind thataway. A popular image but the music actually sucks. My opinion. Anyone can disagree with no argument from me. (shrug) Neil Young could have fallen overboard from a ship in the Marianas trench 30 years ago and I wouldn't have even said oh well.
But Neil Young does serve as an inspiration to all the folks in the world who have aspirations to be singers, but can’t sing.

He has always been a left wing agitator horse’s ass, so it fits perfect with his voice which sound like a wounded mule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies