Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 01:12 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
When I was growing up, we were taught that we were all the same regardless of our race and it didn't matter what race we were. We were taught that we should treat everyone the same and that one race didn't deserve anything different, better, worse..etc. We were taught we were supposed to disregard race.

Now the rules have changed. Now, you are supposed to get special treatment if you are black. I will just say it. You get high level jobs (VP anyone), regardless of whether or not you are qualified. I know high level corporate people who have been told they didn't get the job or can't be hired because they are a white male. My husband has been told he can NOT hire white males or phrased differently, he must hire women or POC.

We all see that about 80% of the commercials are black actors. They are putting black actors in to play roles of historical, actual white people. Black twitter channels for news outlets now exist.

Millions are pouring into inner city schools where the graduation and reading proficiency rates are dismal. WHERE is that money going?

So are we supposed to accept these new rules, which are racist actually?
Have the blacks taken over all the CEO positions yet?
Have the blacks taken over the NHL yet?

Last edited by MrGompers; 02-01-2022 at 01:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 04:55 AM

8,066 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
We were told not to hire white men. Diversity.
This has been going on for quite some time. I used to work at a major tire company and they started a "diversity" campaign. They created new management positions that they filled with women and minorities. They promoted minorities without degrees into positions that formerly required a degree passing over experienced and qualified white males.

My manager introduced a new hire woman and stated "We want her to get a years experience so she can be moved up". He said this to a group of white males that had years of experience and degrees from the same school this woman graduated from. Almost all of us were out of that department within a year (quit or applying to other departments)

Old 02-01-2022, 05:15 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
When I was growing up, we were taught that we were all the same regardless of our race and it didn't matter what race we were. We were taught that we should treat everyone the same and that one race didn't deserve anything different, better, worse..etc. We were taught we were supposed to disregard race.

Now the rules have changed. Now, you are supposed to get special treatment if you are black. I will just say it. You get high level jobs (VP anyone), regardless of whether or not you are qualified. I know high level corporate people who have been told they didn't get the job or can't be hired because they are a white male. My husband has been told he can NOT hire white males or phrased differently, he must hire women or POC.

We all see that about 80% of the commercials are black actors. They are putting black actors in to play roles of historical, actual white people. Black twitter channels for news outlets now exist.

Millions are pouring into inner city schools where the graduation and reading proficiency rates are dismal. WHERE is that money going?

And when I grew up their was a polite but discreet avoidance of speaking about race but people just didn't mix with "those people" but it was still there. I guess you must really watch commercials because I never give them that much thought on who the actor is. A Black Twitter Channels, how is that different than any other channel that targets a specific audience whether is is political, racial, cultural or interest?

But I will agree the school performance stinks, but it also stinks in Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama and any locality where poverty is so pervasive, your not implying that its because of race are you?

Old 02-01-2022, 05:37 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
It makes sense now why we have a crisis of inept management. The military has been doing the same...promoting unqualified woke trash to mid tier officers to make them qualified for the higher tier positions...mostly I think the left wants obedient members of their own cult running everything. They are trying to bypass checks and balances to get all the power.

Their efforts will merely collapse our civilization given enough time. The inept analyst always running us out of supplies is a woman who's been working from home since the beginning of the scamdemic. They don't fire these types until they do such a bad job and cost the company so much money they don't have a choice.

The left are the modern day cult of personality. They push themselves off as being something they are not. They talk about truckers being cultists...the progressive establishment is the most dangerous cult on this planet right now, period, simply because of how crazy they are, how much power they have, and how they are stacking the deck in their favor....plus this 2+2=5 crap they are pushing where they literally present inaccurate information as fact .. dangerous.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-01-2022 at 05:47 AM..

Old 02-01-2022, 05:50 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Going woke can cause great problems, even disaster, if it is applied to positions related to hard skills/science.

Giving someone a position they are not qualified for, such as structural-engineer or lead powerplant-technician, that
is a very, very bad idea.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:58 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
This whole thread sounds like a bunch of people who are used to enjoying white privilege belly-aching because they no longer do.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:26 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Good post OP.

The Dems are dividing us along race lines.

Kids don't have a racist bone in their little bodies. All they care about is if someone is nice to them and want to play etc.. Racism is a learned shame and what are the Dems trying to do? They are trying to get CRT into the schools to make white kids feel ashamed they are white.

Most of America doesn't care what someones skin tone is as long as that person is nice. Most take the Live and Let Live approach to life but the Dems are driving the wedge of race between us to advance their agenda.

You asked a good question OP that should be answered but is danced around by the Dems. What has happened to all the money that has flooded the schools with minority students? One would think the kids would receive more attention which will give them a deeper understanding of the subjects they learn but no the Democrats are actually lowering the standards. How is that serving the kids? The Dems are lowering standards across our society and it is all about controlling the public. It is almost like they want everyone beholden to them for their daily needs.

They have changed the rules on race and MLK is rolling in his grave.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:30 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:

well in all fairness, the modern tonto (johnny depp) aint indian....

Old 02-01-2022, 07:44 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This whole thread sounds like a bunch of people who are used to enjoying white privilege belly-aching because they no longer do.
"White privilege" is a weasel-word, made up by opportunists who wish to cultivate resentment and divide people in to identity groups. As the OP mentioned, this is a complete 180 from what most of us were taught in the classrooms and in the media of our youth. These opportunists push the concept of "equity" rather than equality, since they can't guarantee equal outcomes and wish to force equal outcomes anyway.

The United States is the least racist country on earth, but you wouldn't know if from the frothing mouths on the media, in academia and the government.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
"White privilege" is a weasel-word, made up by opportunists who wish to cultivate resentment and divide people in to identity groups. As the OP mentioned, this is a complete 180 from what most of us were taught in the classrooms and in the media of our youth. These opportunists push the concept of "equity" rather than equality, since they can't guarantee equal outcomes and wish to force equal outcomes anyway.

The United States is the least racist country on earth, but you wouldn't know if from the frothing mouths on the media, in academia and the government.
It's why we have unchecked illegal immigration.

Everyone wants to be here.

Because as per bold it is the least racist country on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies