Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 05:09 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times

Advertisements

I hope these two weeks off, she doesn’t just sit around and do nothing but eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 05:16 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,606 times
I loved her as an actress, I really dislike her as whatever opinion pundit she's currently identifying as. I don't watch The View other than the clips that go viral whenever something like this happens. Watching this particular train wreck once again points out that semantics got in the way & now she's on that slippery slope herself.

It's almost a voyeuristic fascination to see hypocrisy in action and how they will trip over each other in a race to the woke finish line.

As for Whoopi taking 2 weeks to reflect? Puh-leeeeze! I don't buy that for a minute. I bet she still thinks exactly as she did when she opened her mouth without thinking first.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:19 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Meh. She got 2 weeks.
If it was some conservative they woulda got terminated.
Haha! If she was a conservative she wouldn’t have been in the spot in the first place.

She’s gross. They all are.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:21 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,960,205 times
I am confused by the Whoopie apology for saying that Jewish people are not a race. I'm guilty of that my entire life. I've always said that Jewish people practice Judaism, which is a religion. Jewish people who stop practicing Judaism are no longer Jewish. They do not suddenly become a different race.

Hitler said that Jewish is an "inferior race," but why would anyone today to rely on Hitler's ideas? If we're going to take Hitler's word for it, then western religions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity are different races.

Whoopi's explanation for agreeing that Jewish is a race:
"As Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League shared, "The Holocaust was about the Nazi's systematic annihilation of the Jewish people -- who they deemed to be an inferior race." I stand corrected."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/enter...cec/index.html

Old 02-02-2022, 05:26 PM

1,152 posts, read 619,348 times
We could be here all night debating the stupidity she throws around on TV and off.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
No one forgot that part but there was someone on the other end buying them. A large portion of those people were jewish. It's the whole reason why coastal southern towns like new orleans, savannah, and charleston have large jewish populations to this day. The secretary of state for the confederates was jewish (and he fled to london right after the civil war).

Sure a lot of democrats were in the kkk but what movie and studio made them popular? Then who owned those studios? If it wasnt for jewish money coming from mgm in hollywood the kkk might never have become as popular as they did.
The klan started in 1866 and it wasn't the Jews that promoted them. You do know the klan didn't like Jews, right?

There is not a large Jewish population in those places. There were hardly any Jews in America in 1860 150k
Between 1840 and 1860 the Jewish population of this country went from 15,000 to 150,000
1860 Jewish population 150k vs 1860 US population 135 million AND they had little influence

The Jewish population of New Orleans has increased 54 percent since 1938 and now totals approximately 10,000. That's large?

Old 02-02-2022, 05:47 PM

930 posts, read 334,173 times
I can't for the life of me figure why The View is on the air. I've never watched it, but frequently see it cited.

I never forget when Joy Behar said that GOP control of the US Senate was due to gerrymandering. Of course, Senate elections are state-wide, and gerrymandering has zero impact on them.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/...-senate-video/

This is what you get with ABC news--ignorance on parade.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:49 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Her problem is she thinks Racism can only be done against Blacks.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I am confused by the Whoopie apology for saying that Jewish people are not a race. I'm guilty of that my entire life. I've always said that Jewish people practice Judaism, which is a religion. Jewish people who stop practicing Judaism are no longer Jewish. They do not suddenly become a different race.

Hitler said that Jewish is an "inferior race," but why would anyone today to rely on Hitler's ideas? If we're going to take Hitler's word for it, then western religions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity are different races.

Whoopi's explanation for agreeing that Jewish is a race:
"As Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League shared, "The Holocaust was about the Nazi's systematic annihilation of the Jewish people -- who they deemed to be an inferior race." I stand corrected."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/enter...cec/index.html

Race in general is a false construct. That's the consensus of physical anthropologists who study such things. There is as much genetic diversity within a 'race' as between purportedly different races. Thus the very term 'race' dissolves into meaninglessness under scrutiny.

Hitler and others of his era clearly believed that the Jewish people constituted a 'race.' That is what matters for purposes of this discussion. I agree with you that they aren't, but the point is not really relevant in the discussion.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Her problem is she thinks Racism can only be done against Blacks.
My first thought when I heard the Whoppie quote was that she did not want any other group to be able to encroach on her beloved turf, namely that of being a victim of racism.

The sad fact is that the Jews have been victims of racism going back to at least the 3rd century BC. Google Manetho, an Egyptian priest and maybe the first anti-Semite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies