Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 11:15 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,497,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Gina Carano fired---LIBS SAY NOTHING

Roseanne Barr fired---LIBS SAY NOTHING

Alex Jones banned---LIBS SAY NOTHING

Pres Trump banned---LIBS SAY NOTHING

Whoopi temporarily suspended---LIBS SCREAM CANCEL CULTURE HAS TO STOP!

Liberals...colossal hypocrites
What are you talking about? The libs certainly said something. They celebrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 11:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Her problem is she thinks Racism can only be done against Blacks.
Bigger problem is that she believes race and whiteness is based on appearance only. I look white. My father is black. Guess in Whoopi’s world I’m white now. Is there a sign up sheet or something? Does that make me an oppressor now?

Her viewpoint was predicated on absolute juvenile willful ignorance and I don’t think she’s even remotely sorry for her words. I would bet all my money she believes this backlash is solely due to people being racist against her. I also think she still believes what she said.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:18 AM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Bigger problem is that she believes race and whiteness is based on appearance only. I look white. My father is black. Guess in Whoopi’s world I’m white now. Is there a sign up sheet or something? Does that make me an oppressor now?

Her viewpoint was predicated on absolute juvenile willful ignorance and I don’t think she’s even remotely sorry for her words. I would bet all my money she believes this backlash is solely due to people being racist against her. I also think she still believes what she said.
Here's what I don't understand:

Mayim Bialik was in the next segment of the show and agreed with her.

Mayim ("Blossom", "The Big Bang Theory") is Jewish.

Why is no one talking about that?

I still agree that it was about man's inhumanity towards man. There is nothing wrong about that statement. It is a true statement.

Why not allow a civil conversation about it instead of throwing her off?

Again, the show is trash, she's part of that stupid woke culture and wouldn't care if it was someone on the right, but it doesn't matter. 'Ignorance' is not 'ill intent'.

This is not the direction we should be cheering just because a trash woke person got treated with her own hatred back at her.

I'm sick of this dumb woke crap. We should be advocating for conversation, not shutting people down, I don't care who it is or what they said.

This crap needs to stop. I don't condone it happening to others (which is mainly against people on the right), why condone it for anyone?

This is not a direction we need to be going, regardless of who it is.

Let people talk, if they say something ignorant, dumb, hateful - then allow conversation, not demanding silence.

This. Is. Wrong.

Let's not become that which we hate.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:23 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
I can think of lots of other things she should have been fired for, but not for that. This is what happens with political correctness. It entraps more and more people and more and more people self censor for fear of being caught it its web.

I despise The View and most mainstream media. I wish the current MSM would go out of existence.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:11 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here's what I don't understand:

Mayim Bialik was in the next segment of the show and agreed with her.

Mayim ("Blossom", "The Big Bang Theory") is Jewish.

Why is no one talking about that?

I still agree that it was about man's inhumanity towards man. There is nothing wrong about that statement. It is a true statement.

Why not allow a civil conversation about it instead of throwing her off?

Again, the show is trash, she's part of that stupid woke culture and wouldn't care if it was someone on the right, but it doesn't matter. 'Ignorance' is not 'ill intent'.

This is not the direction we should be cheering just because a trash woke person got treated with her own hatred back at her.

I'm sick of this dumb woke crap. We should be advocating for conversation, not shutting people down, I don't care who it is or what they said.

This crap needs to stop. I don't condone it happening to others (which is mainly against people on the right), why condone it for anyone?

This is not a direction we need to be going, regardless of who it is.

Let people talk, if they say something ignorant, dumb, hateful - then allow conversation, not demanding silence.

This. Is. Wrong.

Let's not become that which we hate.
Mayim Bialik is a self hating Jew. I have never seen her celebrate or even mention her heritage

Old 02-03-2022, 05:32 AM

2,106 posts, read 979,806 times
Thing is if it’s good for one to get fired for something like that , others should be too , BUT. Like everything else it’ll pass and we’ll be saying …well years ago a person would get fired for saying something like that!

Old 02-03-2022, 05:54 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
What are you talking about? The libs certainly said something. They celebrated.
I guess she was only suspended and not permently banned as these vloggers mentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQ42nAQSOw

But now she's threatening to quit from what I hear on that other vlog.

If she quit The View, it won't be a big loss I guess.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:57 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She hates Jewish people, you can see it in her face. She lumps them in with all the white people she hates. That why in her mind the holocaust was not about race.
Ashkenazi Jews are white. The only people who don’t believe this are hardcore white nationalists and Neo Nazis. They are definitely a white ethnicity that is discriminated against and has a long history of being discriminated against. This does not change the fact that they are white skinned peoples.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:02 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
And keep in mind that Whoopi Goldberg was born in 1955 when, even in the Jim Crow South, Jewish people were still White and sat at the front of the bus with the rest of them while black folks still had to sit in the back.
So everyone born in 1955 believes the Holocaust "wasn't about race?"

What kind of woke liberal nonsense is that?

Old 02-03-2022, 06:10 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So everyone born in 1955 believes the Holocaust "wasn't about race?"

What kind of woke liberal nonsense is that?
Now you see that what we think of as race is a social construct. Your post proves it to be a social construct. When the English were oppressing the Irish, they viewed them as a “ separate, inferior race of people”. You are unironically holding up the “woke” view on race as well. Which I agree with as well, how we think of race is definitely a social construct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies