Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 09:23 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
A San Fransisco supervisor is proposing a vacant house tax. Thinks it will a) raise money that can be used for affordable housing (sure it will), and b) reduce the number of vacant properties and ease the housing crunch.

I do not think so.

How would they....

A. Define it.

B. Enforce it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 11:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Bay Area is full of NIMBYs who actually would change their leftist stance if they were forcibly exposed to reality by these means.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:20 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals are simply insane.

They come up with "plans" that are so stupid that elementary school kids would consider them inane.
This♤

Old 02-10-2022, 01:58 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some homeless don't want to live in a home.
Yes, because that would require them to stop the drugs and alcohol.

Old 02-10-2022, 02:30 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperatrice View Post
What percentage of the homeless in San Francisco do you think are non junkies who are sleeping on sidewalks because their salary just does not pay them enough to be able to afford rent anywhere in San Francisco? After all San Francisco is the number 1 most expensive city in the world to live in. Even in the bad 3rd World high crime neighborhoods in San Francisco the rent is crazy high. Rent in the bad sketchy parts of San Francisco is equal to the rent prices in affluent neighborhoods in Orlando for example.

All section 8 EVERYWHERE should be abolished unless there are vacancies available in any given area. Period. If I was in charge, it would be done.

Old 02-10-2022, 03:30 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some homeless don't want to live in a home.
Most have opportunities to live in shelters, but CHOOSE not to due to the clean and sober requirements.

Old 02-10-2022, 03:34 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperatrice View Post
What percentage of the homeless in San Francisco do you think are non junkies who are sleeping on sidewalks because their salary just does not pay them enough to be able to afford rent anywhere in San Francisco?
Correlation does not mean causation.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:16 AM

4,910 posts, read 2,059,477 times
Only in California would something so stupid could ever see the light of day. Naturally being California, some poor soul, will open his home to a homeless person and afterwards, the homeowner will just be a sad story be only a quick blip on the evening news.

No sane person would ever do something soooooooo stupid…. But it’s California.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:23 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
In the Muslim countries, their culture is communal, so you won't see homeless people on the streets, and I've done dozens of walking tours of Muslim countries on Youtube. Where are they?

In San FranNimby-o it's the anti-development, anti-density Nimby's that should be housing the homeless as they're part of the problem.

Pelosi's unforgivable act was to turn the Presidio into a national park. Housing advocates wanted to put subsidized housing on that acreage.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:29 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I do feel sorry for those who ae homeless due to bad luck, such as losing their homes as a result of losing their jobs due to Covid or other circumstances beyond their control. But unless the government will provide a complete history of the person and allow me to interview before being admitted to me home -- and the person could be evicted within 24 hours upon my request -- there is absolutely no way I would open my home to a criminal, drug addict, and/or a mentally unstable person. But, no, that wouldn't work because if I refused to house anyone who was part of any kind of minority group at all, I would open myself to some kind of anti equal opportunity lawsuit. No, thanks.

People who are so warm-hearted that they are actually stupid about it reminds me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vjfw7UHl_E

But maybe they can ask all the liberal legislators in that state to house at least a half-dozen homeless people in their mansions. I am sure that Maxine Walters, for one, would be very happy to do so, right?

Yeah, right.
The legislators should lead by example, but they would say they are to busy saving the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies