Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 06:11 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The Mayor should be the first one.

"The Camp of the Saints" comes to mind right about now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints
Looks interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 07:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ196 View Post
Shows what idiots we have running things. They want people to do this. But the housing and eviction rules are so strict. You would get a crack addict or worse in you home or property. And no way to evict.

Liberals just seem to make things worse and no common sense. We already see how many have died from the defund the police. And how well it is working with areas they are allow to buy, sell and use drugs.

SAN JOSE, Calif. — As the Bay Area continues to struggle under the weight of its homelessness crisis, officials and nonprofits are asking local residents to do more than hand out meals or donate spare change. They’re asking them to open up their homes.

Nearly 30,000 people are unhoused in the five-county Bay Area, and there isn’t nearly enough room in the region’s existing affordable housing developments. To fill the gaps, service providers increasingly are recruiting private landlords to take in homeless tenants. Some property owners are renting out entire units in exchange for agreements that the government or a nonprofit will cover the rent. Others are offering up spare bedrooms in their homes – sometimes in exchange for a small stipend, and sometimes as a purely charitable act.

But it’s hard to find owners willing to take a chance on someone down on their luck. At least one program recently ended because of a lack of landlord interest . . . "

Also we have Biden giving out free crack pipes in the name of racial equality, spending 30 million.
https://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...iny/2/20/75807

Some people should just not be allowed to vote.

Liberals are simply insane.

They come up with "plans" that are so stupid that elementary school kids would consider them inane.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:45 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
plenty of people have more money than can be spent wisely, many things happen for no good reason
It's not money that is the issue, it is personal safety.

Inviting homeless into your home would invite theft and violence to be levied upon you and lead other criminals to your door.

You would have to be insane to do what the idiot dems are asking. But then again, SF IS full of idiot dems.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:50 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
there's no reason a millionaire liberal could not buy up some property and just pitch tents...to H with zoning civil disobedience requires risk could be planting ideas
There’s no reason why you can’t open your door and invite one in?

Old 02-09-2022, 07:55 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Ive posted before about using all the open space we have in the U.S. to create housing for this. 3D printed materials could even be used, this has been explored already. The Govt already spends millions on programs that do little. Costs of hospital stays and prison cost even more. This has existed for ages and its actually worse in the last few years.

Most people would not want to take in a stranger who may have mental health or drug problems. Even if the Govt foots that bill. Many homeless need treatment for addictions mental disorders.

We could send people into space but cant build housing on Earth for people without. Makes no sense at all.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:47 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I do feel sorry for those who ae homeless due to bad luck, such as losing their homes as a result of losing their jobs due to Covid or other circumstances beyond their control. But unless the government will provide a complete history of the person and allow me to interview before being admitted to me home -- and the person could be evicted within 24 hours upon my request -- there is absolutely no way I would open my home to a criminal, drug addict, and/or a mentally unstable person. But, no, that wouldn't work because if I refused to house anyone who was part of any kind of minority group at all, I would open myself to some kind of anti equal opportunity lawsuit. No, thanks.

People who are so warm-hearted that they are actually stupid about it reminds me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vjfw7UHl_E

But maybe they can ask all the liberal legislators in that state to house at least a half-dozen homeless people in their mansions. I am sure that Maxine Walters, for one, would be very happy to do so, right?

Yeah, right.

Last edited by katharsis; 02-09-2022 at 09:07 PM..

Old 02-09-2022, 08:58 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
A San Fransisco supervisor is proposing a vacant house tax. Thinks it will a) raise money that can be used for affordable housing (sure it will), and b) reduce the number of vacant properties and ease the housing crunch.

I do not think so.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:59 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
A San Fransisco supervisor is proposing a vacant house tax. Thinks it will a) raise money that can be used for affordable housing (sure it will), and b) reduce the number of vacant properties and ease the housing crunch.

I do not think so.
Define "vacant". What constitutes "vacant"?

Old 02-09-2022, 09:05 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Oh Nancy, hello, certainly Ms. Pelosi has some spare space for a down on their luck crackhead or two. She has a freezer full of designer ice cream to share too.

They can house sit for her while she gets her hair done at the wrong time .

Old 02-09-2022, 09:17 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not if they had to see her every morning

LOL.

A younger friend of mine (since the 90s) is a member of another well known political family in the Bay Area.

She has known Nancy Pelosi her entire life (my friend's entire life).

She's can't stand Nancy, but she's nice to her when she sees her because she doesn't want to be the source of any strife in the relationship between the two families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies