Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 09:55 AM

25,655 posts, read 17,402,104 times

Advertisements

I think the vaccine likely saved many, many lives, but will not be needed much in the future. Or if it is needed, there will be many alternatives.
Moderna will continue to fall, but only because it was bid up to impossible levels. Some people make it their business to know how to evaluate the worth of a company. When it climbs to impossible heights they bail out.
There is no great conspiracy and manipulation.

I am triple vaxed and had a very mild case of Covid a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 09:55 AM

17,665 posts, read 17,817,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm more worried about what we are going to learn about this vaccine when they can not longer censor the whole world... Many of my friends and family took the vaccine. I want the truth, not BS, double talk, or outright censorship.

The price of the stock is none of my concern right now. I also just lost a friend who was double injected and still got COVID. To say I am POed right now is an understatement.
It’s sort of like how the government and medical professionals pushed hyperbole claims of the dangers of marijuana in decades past. As people learned about the lies, they ignored the real truth of the dangers which weren’t anywhere near as horrendous as the government’s claims. Had they spoken the honest truth as they knew it to be and adjusted as research progressed then it could have been different. Combine the lies with the government’s mandates to force employers to force employees to vaccinate or get fired then suspicions arise. When my wife and I took the vaccine it was because of her ongoing medical conditions, my working at a hospital, and the initial claims of preventing COVID infections. Now we haven’t gotten the booster and are suspicious of the effectiveness of the vaccine and booster as well as wondering about potential long term effects.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:02 AM

24,623 posts, read 17,362,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm more worried about what we are going to learn about this vaccine when they can not longer censor the whole world... Many of my friends and family took the vaccine. I want the truth, not BS, double talk, or outright censorship.

The price of the stock is none of my concern right now. I also just lost a friend who was double injected and still got COVID. To say I am POed right now is an understatement.

And to hear filth like Pelosi say we can't criticize China for releasing the bioweapon.... We need leaders with a brain and some huge testicles more than ever.

I'm sorry for your loss. On a walk with a friend the other day he told me that a funeral is this week for a cousin of his that was vaccinated yet still caught and died of Covid. He did have underlying health issues but still. Being double vaccinated and boosted doesn't seem to matter.

We all know the Left used the Pandemic as a political weapon against Trump and with the way our elite elected work would we really be that surprised that they were in on the release of the Covid19 but now they do not know how to put that demon back in the box? Who knows?

I think Biden and his admin is incapable of telling us the truth. They hated Trump because he was like a loose cannon with his honesty but we need someone like Trump right now.

Imagine if Big Pharm knew that the vaccines were going to cause many side effect problems down the line but they have an acceptable rate of collateral damage figured in? Imagine if several years from now anyone that took the vaccine started to suffer from the side effects and the only hope was to take a daily dose of expensive drug to save your life?

It is all like a bad sci fi movie plot but why would our Government be pushing the shot on us like bullies? We have mandates with "or Else" consequences but illegal aliens that walk across the border have the option to take the shot?

Something is going on and it is not good.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:06 AM

15,914 posts, read 6,613,854 times
The pre-pandemic stock price of Moderna was under $20; with the pandemic purportedly winding down I'd expect the stock price will decline from the 2021 peak of $439. But with mRNA technology now approved, they may still do well long-term. I wouldn't be surprised to see them acquired at some point. There's just too much potential for treating other diseases.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:07 AM

20,212 posts, read 9,117,582 times
this is a great buying opportunity, especially for NVAX.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:11 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,802,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think the vaccine likely saved many, many lives, but will not be needed much in the future. Or if it is needed, there will be many alternatives.
Moderna will continue to fall, but only because it was bid up to impossible levels. Some people make it their business to know how to evaluate the worth of a company. When it climbs to impossible heights they bail out.
There is no great conspiracy and manipulation.

I am triple vaxed and had a very mild case of Covid a few weeks ago.
Our unvaxxed family had covid a few weeks ago too. It was cold like for some, flu like for others. Pretty mild even without the vaccine.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:11 AM

10,598 posts, read 7,111,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Imagine if Big Pharm knew that the vaccines were going to cause many side effect problems down the line but they have an acceptable rate of collateral damage figured in? Imagine if several years from now anyone that took the vaccine started to suffer from the side effects and the only hope was to take a daily dose of expensive drug to save your life?
They absolutely do. I worked in Corporate Management for Merck for more than a decade and can tell you behind close doors these discussions occur. When it was identified years down the road that Vioxx killed many of the people taking the drug the company made the decision not to pay any claims and fight each claim down to the end. Merck also had a shingles vaccines Zostavax which was out for 15 years and considered "safe" until its probably responsible for the death of 1% of people who took it and they quietly took it off the shelf last year.

I can go on with some ridiculous stories, but just know I'm extremely skeptical after being in the industry.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:32 AM

17,665 posts, read 17,817,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
They absolutely do. I worked in Corporate Management for Merck for more than a decade and can tell you behind close doors these discussions occur. When it was identified years down the road that Vioxx killed many of the people taking the drug the company made the decision not to pay any claims and fight each claim down to the end. Merck also had a shingles vaccines Zostavax which was out for 15 years and considered "safe" until its probably responsible for the death of 1% of people who took it and they quietly took it off the shelf last year.

I can go on with some ridiculous stories, but just know I'm extremely skeptical after being in the industry.
And some don’t know the financial and close personal relationships between drug companies and high level people in the FDA.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:40 AM

2,284 posts, read 640,778 times
Most people don't know about this organization: https://www.cdc.gov/eis/index.html

It's basically the PR firm/CIA rolled into one for the CDC. They embed their people throughout American hospitals and media, to spread and advance the CDC message on vaccines and also, to find new "epidemics" (defined by clusters) to advance more vaccines.

The CDC makes money on vaccines, and all bureaucratic organizations want to survive, so they continue justifying themselves by finding new epidemics that would probably go unnoticed if not for them.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:48 AM

10,598 posts, read 7,111,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
And some don’t know the financial and close personal relationships between drug companies and high level people in the FDA.
You're absolutely right. The FDA is extremely political, this became apparent when pharma companies started to release their variants of the Anti-PD-1 (cancer drug) and some got approved, some did not with the same/similar results.

The bribery and corruption that goes on with Key Opinion leaders (especially outside the US) is just as bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies