Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 04:20 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I am not in Russia, I can observe only from the distance.
I think most people in Russia support Putin, especially those who are poor or middle class. That can be seen by the fact that a lot of money is collected to buy equipment to DPR reservists, or for humanitarian support in Ukraine.

There are a number of those though, whose incomes depended on Internet, or who used to travel a lot, that might be scared on the effects of the sanctions. They are well-off normally, not necessarily super-rich, but upper middle class.

I don't know though, how many of Russians supporting the war now, will go and enlist to the army, nor how many would continue to support it by September.

Same here.

I can only observe it all from a distance, and Youtube is my place to go to - that's where I get a lot of information at this point.

It helps to make conclusions/projections somewhat, but a lot of things still remain just a guess.

But for the most part your thoughts/feedback on the situation corresponds with mine.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:21 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDuncanitis View Post
Unless they're Russian combatants under Putin. Then they're literally ordered to fire on civis.

That's what Putin personally reported to you?
I mean how do you know what orders they receive?

Old 04-05-2022, 04:26 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,892,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Same here.

I can only observe it all from a distance, and Youtube is my place to go to - that's where I get a lot of information at this point.

It helps to make conclusions/projections somewhat, but a lot of things still remain just a guess.

But for the most part your thoughts/feedback on the situation corresponds with mine.
Given that Youtube policies are highly restrictive to the free speech, I don't think the big number of Russian population is hanging there. My primary source of information comes from multiple Telegram channels.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:34 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
"We have investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing".
Didn't we torture prisoners in Gitmo...waterboarding to be specific.
Didn't Congress deny they ok'd it ?
Didn't it come out later that Congress knew and didn't object ?

Everyone plays dirty when it comes to war...including the US.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:34 PM

106 posts, read 28,432 times
Quote:
Unless they're Russian combatants under Putin. Then they're literally ordered to fire on civis.
Civilians recorded it, POWs admitted it.

Hard to hide the truth when the majority of civilians/military have cameras at hand these days. That's why Russia has to block media sites so their population doesn't learn the truth.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:36 PM

106 posts, read 28,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

You keep throwing that at me as I never criticized the US involvement in the ME or even pass transgressions in south America under Reagan, or all the way back to Vietnam.

It's bad when the US does it, and it is bad when Russia does it. And Russia is the one doing it right now, your referencing past atrocities to try and justify this one. You should be against ALL imperialism, including Russian imperialism.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:49 PM

2,395 posts, read 1,069,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

More whataboutisms...

hmmm...comparing alittle water on the forehead to what we are seeing in Bucha...
apples and oranges...

USA can be bad....Russia a whole other level of bad...

Old 04-05-2022, 04:52 PM

2,395 posts, read 1,069,788 times
Quote:
They probably would, if not for invasion to Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria.
Say what? ....makes no sense...

Old 04-05-2022, 04:52 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,225,046 times
Quote:
Given that Youtube policies are highly restrictive to the free speech, I don't think the big number of Russian population is hanging there. My primary source of information comes from multiple Telegram channels.

I'm guessing the Cyber Front Z Telegram channel is a main one?

Old 04-05-2022, 05:11 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
To be fair, only 99% of Russians give the rest a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies